Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Romon Douglas-Watkins, SG, John Logan CC 1 week 4 days ago #421522

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 712

mjmaherjr wrote:

L J S A wrote:

lawmanfan wrote: Two thoughts:

The staff seems to love guys with length.  Moore, Pinzon, Traore, Applewhite, this kid - all long.  Posh and Wusu don't have that length, but they bring physicality, which the staff also seems to prioritize (O'Mar Stanley fits in here also).  Seems to be a definite emphasis on players with certain physical and personality traits in the belief that they can be coached up in the system.

The other thought is that this is maybe the third kid where West Va was another school in the mix.  Which come to think of it is not really a different thought - Huggins clearly looks for players with the same traits.  And he's done OK, I guess.

I hope we also follow Huggy in that he also seems to be able to land 6'9" 240+ kids ranked in the top 125 or so. I don't really keep track of what they do when they get there, but I know he's landed them.

Hope CMA doesnt start dressing like Huggy

Yeah, and sitting on the sidelines on his own bespoke stool, almost as bad as sitting on the scorers table.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Romon Douglas-Watkins, SG, John Logan CC 1 week 4 days ago #421524

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 2045
Huggins used to have a different style
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Romon Douglas-Watkins, SG, John Logan CC 11 hours 19 minutes ago #423351

• RodinCA
  • Thank you received: 12

MJDinkins wrote:

I rarely ever watch these videos in its entirety anymore, but I did notice he has long strides and seems to quickly make up ground.

Dig the Christian rap music

Romon Douglas-Watkins, SG, John Logan CC 10 hours 52 minutes ago #423362

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1531

lawmanfan wrote: Two thoughts:

The staff seems to love guys with length.  Moore, Pinzon, Traore, Applewhite, this kid - all long.  Posh and Wusu don't have that length, but they bring physicality, which the staff also seems to prioritize (O'Mar Stanley fits in here also).  Seems to be a definite emphasis on players with certain physical and personality traits in the belief that they can be coached up in the system.

The other thought is that this is maybe the third kid where West Va was another school in the mix.  Which come to think of it is not really a different thought - Huggins clearly looks for players with the same traits.  And he's done OK, I guess.

And we're doing ok :)

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight