Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mustapha Amzil, 6’9", SF, First Love Christian Academy 1 week 3 hours ago #399837

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2688

Paultzman wrote: Jake Weingarten

While i’m typing, St. John’s Mike Anderson and his entire staff are virtually meeting with 2021’s Mustapha Amzil and Federiko Federiko, a source told

I’d love to land these 2. Nyc holds appeal for foreign players. We can and have offered both which is a bonus. Not gonna get my hopes up but work be great recruits for us. We also can offer him a spot in this class if he wants it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, L J S A, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MCNPA.

Mustapha Amzil, 6’9", SF, First Love Christian Academy 1 week 3 hours ago #399838

• P1NSTR1PEZ
  • Thank you received: 58
Amzil seems to be gaining a lot of steam and the big boys are about to jump in the water for him...

Mustapha Amzil, 6’9", SF, First Love Christian Academy 1 week 1 hour ago #399842

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 4321

MCNPA wrote:

While i’m typing, St. John’s Mike Anderson and his entire staff are virtually meeting with 2021’s Mustapha Amzil and Federiko Federiko, a source told

I’d love to land these 2. Nyc holds appeal for foreign players. We can and have offered both which is a bonus. Not gonna get my hopes up but work be great recruits for us. We also can offer him a spot in this class if he wants it.

You need to step up here and close the deal. Let's go
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Mustapha Amzil, 6’9", SF, First Love Christian Academy 6 days 22 hours ago #399846

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3354

MCNPA wrote:

Definitely agree. I imagine NYC airports are the easiest flights home to Finland. And while NYC doesn't seem to do it for top American kids, maybe European ones still have stars in their eyes when it come to the city.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, Mike Zaun

Mustapha Amzil, 6’9", SF, First Love Christian Academy 6 days 21 hours ago #399847

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1421
Sounds awesome, but based on competition would not get my hopes anywhere close to "up" here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richard A Steinfeld

Mustapha Amzil, 6’9", SF, First Love Christian Academy 5 days 3 hours ago #399884

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 20387
Mustapha Amzil has been on just about every coaches radar since his trip to the states from Finland.

The 6-foot-10 forward has received offers from Maryland, Dayton, St. John’s, Boston College, Oklahoma State and Pittsburgh and has interest from the likes of Georgetown, South Florida, Western Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Eastern Washington, North Carolina and a lot more programs.

St. John’s, one of the more recent programs to offer, has started to make a strong push and has gotten Amzil on two Zoom calls following their offer to him. He said that their interest was strong and they told him they need a player like him on their roster next season.

“It was good,” he said of the Zoom call. “They want me to play a big role as a freshman and they need my type of player because they said they play my type of game.”

At the FIBA U18 European Championship, Amzil averaged 12.4 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.1 assist. He proved that he could do a little bit of everything and that is what coaches are seeing from him so far during his stay in the states.

“Coaches like that I’m tall, versatile and can do everything,” Amzil explained. “Shoot the ball, rebound, guard almost all positions, being good with the ball and high IQ.”

As his recruitment continues to progress, so does his game. He spends the majority of his free time in the gym working on a few things that should improve his future prospects.

“I got to get better on defense. Just staying in front of my guy,” he said. “But, basically everything. Defense and being more consistent with my shot. Those are the main things.”

scoopmantv.com/2020/10/17/coaches-gettin...k-at-mustapha-amzil/
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, MCNPA, jerseyshorejohnny, JackofVirginia, Patrick C ripdumaine, NCJohnnie

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight