Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 2 weeks ago #399343

• ESuhr
  • Thank you received: 6
Franck Kepnang? Just thinking positive thoughts...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Zaun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 2 weeks ago #399355

• PharmDJohnnie11
  • Thank you received: 327

Johnnies 4 Life wrote: Trust the staff...there’s other moving parts..
certain things in recruiting will become more
clear after this weekend.

This dude has 2 posts on here. This one and one in the Franck Kepnang thread saying we aren't out of it with him a few weeks ago. Here's hoping you're right lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Zaun, TheArtest15

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 2 weeks ago #399378

• lawmanfan
  • Thank you received: 447

PharmDJohnnie11 wrote:

Johnnies 4 Life wrote: Trust the staff...there’s other moving parts..
certain things in recruiting will become more
clear after this weekend.

This dude has 2 posts on here. This one and one in the Franck Kepnang thread saying we aren't out of it with him a few weeks ago. Here's hoping you're right lol.

I dunno - there are folks with hundreds of posts whose opinions aren't worth much more.

:evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: OhioFan, SJU85, panther2

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399528

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 20802
Seems doable and would make 21 haul solid in face of huge hole to fill in 22.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399568

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2781
Let’s grab this kid. Legit 7-footer with athleticism. Buys us 2 years and gives us time to add other bigs after Toro is gone. Curry certainly looks like he can compete at this level, especially with some good coaching and cma’s conditioning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan, Mike Zaun

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399653

• Mike Zaun
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1465
After losing Kep, this kid is a must get if we want to be taken seriously. Imagine a real 7 footer with some offensive ability to go along with Posh, Cole, Champ, etc.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399657

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 5055
Mike Zaun wrote: After losing Kep, this kid is a must get if we want to be taken seriously. Imagine a real 7 footer with some offensive ability to go along with Posh, Cole, Champ, etc.

So unless we get this kid, who played 5 mpg for Ole Miss as a frosh and who committed more fouls than he scored points, we won't be taken seriously???
Sorry, can't take your posts seriously. Staff will decide whether he makes sense and I trust them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUFAN2, bacane, Room112, Paultzman, SJU85, jackfro, gonzalo, RedStormRising, Amaseinyourface, L J S A

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399669

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3457

NCJohnnie wrote: Mike Zaun wrote: After losing Kep, this kid is a must get if we want to be taken seriously. Imagine a real 7 footer with some offensive ability to go along with Posh, Cole, Champ, etc.

So unless we get this kid, who played 5 mpg for Ole Miss as a frosh and who committed more fouls than he scored points, we won't be taken seriously???
Sorry, can't take your posts seriously. Staff will decide whether he makes sense and I trust them.

He's got a good body, and if you go by just his workout videos he looks like he could play a JaVale McGee role if the rest of the team is running like the Warriors. But that's a huge leap based off a video when he has actual real-game experience to look at where he accomplished barely anything. And that was coming off a redshirt year too.

I won't be upset if he comes aboard because size is always good at St. John's, but I don't expect him to be more than a backup.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399674

• Mike Zaun
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1465

NCJohnnie wrote: Mike Zaun wrote: After losing Kep, this kid is a must get if we want to be taken seriously. Imagine a real 7 footer with some offensive ability to go along with Posh, Cole, Champ, etc.

I think he is a must get because we are always so starved for true bigs. He has true size. Look at the teams who do well nationally...they have a real big and usually more than 1. We saw the impact Tariq had at 6'11...although way too thin, he had some offensive ability, blocking ability, and when he wasn't blocking shots he was altering them. Not sure we will be a regular NCAA team until we routinely get these types of bigs.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399675

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 1437

Mike Zaun wrote:

I think he is a must get because we are always so starved for true bigs. He has true size. Look at the teams who do well nationally...they have a real big and usually more than 1. We saw the impact Tariq had at 6'11...although way too thin, he had some offensive ability, blocking ability, and when he wasn't blocking shots he was altering them. Not sure we will be a regular NCAA team until we routinely get these types of bigs.

Last four National Champs...nobody 6'11 or taller averaging 9pp or more.
I think that the difference between 6'8-6'10 vs 6'11+ is way overrated by some on this board.
With the style of game we play, I'd rather have a Tariq Owens over a Marshall Plumlee
The following user(s) said Thank You: SigEpSJU09

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight