Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396514

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 4459

L J S A wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Interesting comment re number of years remaining:

Curry would have two years to play two if he does play this season, but if that isn’t possible he will enter college with three years of eligibility remaining. He plans to base his choice around the connection he makes with the coaches and where he has the most opportunity.

I'm torn here. Usually I would tell the kid to sit out playing at his juco so he has three years, but this kid probably really needs to play to show what he's capable of.

In terms of the pecking order of priority and likelihood of playing.

NBA
NCAA
JUCO/HS

Chances seem pretty slim to me. JUCO and HS aren't going to have $ to ensure proper testing and travel and all those precautions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396518

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3457

Moose wrote:

L J S A wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Interesting comment re number of years remaining:

Curry would have two years to play two if he does play this season, but if that isn’t possible he will enter college with three years of eligibility remaining. He plans to base his choice around the connection he makes with the coaches and where he has the most opportunity.

I'm torn here. Usually I would tell the kid to sit out playing at his juco so he has three years, but this kid probably really needs to play to show what he's capable of.

In terms of the pecking order of priority and likelihood of playing.

NBA
NCAA
JUCO/HS

Chances seem pretty slim to me. JUCO and HS aren't going to have $ to ensure proper testing and travel and all those precautions.

That works out pretty well for a whole bunch of jucos, at least the ones who have solid offers and know they'll be in D-1 in 21-22 regardless off what happens this season.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396524

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 634

usguard wrote: Do we really have a good chance signing him,seen so many names diff it keep up with them all

Ask Moose
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396622

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 1803
Maybe our inability to recruit 7-footers is because we don’t have uniforms to fit guys so tall. :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Morgan, Chicago Days

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 2 days ago #396648

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 663
It'd be really nice to have a guy with this size if they're confident they can get him where he needs to be but I'm getting a little nervous about offense. The year after Cole/Earlington/Williams graduate it feels like there's going to be a pretty big offensive hole to fill. The only guy I'm confident will be some sort of offensive spark plug is Posh Alexander and if I'm being fair there's no absolute certainty about that either. It'd obviously be ideal if we could get Cuffe and Applewhite but even if we did strike out there adding guys like Bryce Harris and Daylen Berry would at least give us a couple more threats who show a more natural ability to score even if they're not All-Conference type players. Just a couple of more guys who can spread the floor and be counted on to get a couple of buckets.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 2 days ago #396659

• Anthony Mattia
  • Thank you received: 210

QueensBall wrote: It'd be really nice to have a guy with this size if they're confident they can get him where he needs to be but I'm getting a little nervous about offense. The year after Cole/Earlington/Williams graduate it feels like there's going to be a pretty big offensive hole to fill. The only guy I'm confident will be some sort of offensive spark plug is Posh Alexander and if I'm being fair there's no absolute certainty about that either. It'd obviously be ideal if we could get Cuffe and Applewhite but even if we did strike out there adding guys like Bryce Harris and Daylen Berry would at least give us a couple more threats who show a more natural ability to score even if they're not All-Conference type players. Just a couple of more guys who can spread the floor and be counted on to get a couple of buckets.

I have confidence in Champ, and I think the staff will bring in some juco studs each year to help balance out the classes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QueensBall

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 2 days ago #396660

• Not an alum
  • Thank you received: 84
My dream is Justin gets home sick and wants to play w his brother. He grad transfers here and they dominate as seniors
The following user(s) said Thank You: QueensBall

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 2 days ago #396665

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 663
Good point, Anthony. I overlooked Champagnie. Posh and Champagnie as upperclassmen does help me feel a little better. Definitely will need more though and although I also trust the staff to pick up some Juco's or grad transfers if needed, would love to see a couple scoring types out of high school that can come off the bench for a year before being relied on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony Mattia

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 2 days ago #396667

• Anthony Mattia
  • Thank you received: 210

QueensBall wrote: Good point, Anthony. I overlooked Champagnie. Posh and Champagnie as upperclassmen does help me feel a little better. Definitely will need more though and although I also trust the staff to pick up some Juco's or grad transfers if needed, would love to see a couple scoring types out of high school that can come off the bench for a year before being relied on.

I agree, this is a must

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 2 months 2 weeks ago #397577

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 4459
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, Coaster, panther2, Patrick C ripdumaine, NCJohnnie

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight