Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396495

  • usguard
  • usguard's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5139
  • Thank you received: 342
Do we really have a good chance signing him,seen so many names diff it keep up with them all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396496

  • Monte
  • Monte's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6328
  • Thank you received: 3798

redmannorth wrote:

Paul Massell wrote: Sears gave us some good minutes at times and was pivotal in beating AZ. Maybe that is what the staff is thinking here. Lost both Sears and Steere. Moore is long but rail thin. Can't remember the last time we had two 7'ers on the roster.


1984-1985 , Bill Wennington and Rob Cornegy.


Good find. For those who don't know, now Councilman(Brooklyn) Rob Cornegy:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Cornegy

In Guinness book of world records too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396497

  • Boo Harvey
  • Boo Harvey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1703
  • Thank you received: 456

Monte wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

Paul Massell wrote: Sears gave us some good minutes at times and was pivotal in beating AZ. Maybe that is what the staff is thinking here. Lost both Sears and Steere. Moore is long but rail thin. Can't remember the last time we had two 7'ers on the roster.


1984-1985 , Bill Wennington and Rob Cornegy.


Good find. For those who don't know, now Councilman(Brooklyn) Rob Cornegy:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Cornegy

In Guinness book of world records too.


Rob Werdann, Sean Muto were each 6’11 I believe. I think Jason Williams at 6’10 was also on those teams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396498

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4651
  • Thank you received: 1149

Boo Harvey wrote:

Monte wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

Paul Massell wrote: Sears gave us some good minutes at times and was pivotal in beating AZ. Maybe that is what the staff is thinking here. Lost both Sears and Steere. Moore is long but rail thin. Can't remember the last time we had two 7'ers on the roster.


1984-1985 , Bill Wennington and Rob Cornegy.


Good find. For those who don't know, now Councilman(Brooklyn) Rob Cornegy:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Cornegy

In Guinness book of world records too.


Rob Werdann, Sean Muto were each 6’11 I believe. I think Jason Williams at 6’10 was also on those teams.


Werdann and Muto were both listed the same, but in reality, Muto was at least two inches taller. My guess is that Muto was actually 7'0", and Werdann was more like 6'10", but they evened it out so that Werdann's draft stock could be improved. Not the first, or last time, that a team has done this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396499

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 11116
  • Thank you received: 4456
For context. FSU and Oklahoma offered out of HS.

Both solid programs with solid coaches and big man history.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, L J S A, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396500

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 11116
  • Thank you received: 4456

L J S A wrote: This is the type kid you reach late on, not early. They must see something in him, but we only have three slots for '21. If he takes one before Cuffe, is this the type kid Cuffe gets excited about?


We don't have to speculate who but with the inevitable free transfer rule that is coming I can very much see a player leaving and this class having 4 ships.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396503

  • otis
  • otis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3036
  • Thank you received: 1589

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396509

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 27630
  • Thank you received: 20795
Interesting comment re number of years remaining:

“I’m just letting the schools recruit me,” he said.

Curry would have two years to play two if he does play this season, but if that isn’t possible he will enter college with three years of eligibility remaining. He plans to base his choice around the connection he makes with the coaches and where he has the most opportunity.

“I want to go into a program that is needing a five-man,” he said.

Rivals excerpt
westvirginia.rivals.com/news/west-virgin...ng-to-juco-big-curry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, bamafan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396510

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6817
  • Thank you received: 2458

Paultzman wrote: Interesting comment re number of years remaining:

“I’m just letting the schools recruit me,” he said.

Curry would have two years to play two if he does play this season, but if that isn’t possible he will enter college with three years of eligibility remaining. He plans to base his choice around the connection he makes with the coaches and where he has the most opportunity.

“I want to go into a program that is needing a five-man,” he said.

Rivals excerpt

Uh, that be us! :blink: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 3 months 3 days ago #396512

  • L J S A
  • L J S A's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6943
  • Thank you received: 3455

Paultzman wrote: Interesting comment re number of years remaining:

Curry would have two years to play two if he does play this season, but if that isn’t possible he will enter college with three years of eligibility remaining. He plans to base his choice around the connection he makes with the coaches and where he has the most opportunity.


I'm torn here. Usually I would tell the kid to sit out playing at his juco so he has three years, but this kid probably really needs to play to show what he's capable of.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight