Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 2 months 1 week ago #400870

• Dan V
  • Thank you received: 343
Not sure a guy who clogs up the paint would be a good fit for our team. They don’t shoot it well from outside, so driving lanes need to be open. That makes a guy like Curry a good fit since he won’t congest the paint and he’s mobile so he can get up and down the court since transition opportunities off steals is a big part of the system. I’d say don’t hold your breathe on landing a true low post center doesn’t seem to be what this staff is looking for. Trust the coaches they seem to know exactly what they need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 2 months 1 week ago #400871

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 3035
He’s skilled and athletic. I worry about his motor, but that’s for the staff to evaluate. What makes him even more intriguing is that he will have that third year and can get even more time to develop. He’s definitely skilled and can creat matchup problems if the coaches can get him utilizing his potential:

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 2 months 1 week ago #400897

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 22096
Carlos Curry, Northwest Mississippi: The 7-foot behemoth looked fluid and even showed a versatile inside-outside game and interior power at one of the national JC events this fall.

There are some questions regarding his motor and mobility, but his potential and ceiling remain intriguing. St. John's will have to fend off WVU, which appears to be gaining traction in his recruitment.

The mountain man certainly fills a void in the post and would likely secure instant playing time for the 2021-2022 campaign.

stjohns.rivals.com/news/sju-recruiting-u...-available-realistic

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 day 10 hours ago #412693

• gman
  • Thank you received: 827
I assume we are no longer after him. 

Maryland offered recently and he put some monster numbers in a 34 and 23 last week.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 day 9 hours ago #412695

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 4501
Not to long ago(pre covid) I was walking down the street with a middle aged friend of mine when we walked past a very average looking(I'm being kind) woman. My friend turned to me and said "it's amazing how women that I wouldn't give a second look at 20 years ago, all of a sudden seem extremely attractive to me".  That's exactly how I feel about our recruiting. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising, Class of 72, bamafan, JohnnyFan

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 day 6 hours ago #412711

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 2010

Monte wrote: Not to long ago(pre covid) I was walking down the street with a middle aged friend of mine when we walked past a very average looking(I'm being kind) woman. My friend turned to me and said "it's amazing how women that I wouldn't give a second look at 20 years ago, all of a sudden seem extremely attractive to me".  That's exactly how I feel about our recruiting. 

Cold shower in order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, panther2

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 day 6 hours ago #412712

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 525

Dan V wrote: Not sure a guy who clogs up the paint would be a good fit for our team. They don’t shoot it well from outside, so driving lanes need to be open. That makes a guy like Curry a good fit since he won’t congest the paint and he’s mobile so he can get up and down the court since transition opportunities off steals is a big part of the system. I’d say don’t hold your breathe on landing a true low post center doesn’t seem to be what this staff is looking for. Trust the coaches they seem to know exactly what they need.

I'm not big in blind trust, particularly given the staff's recruiting to date.  Out most recent recruit, who some speculate the staff has never seen, may well never set foot on campus.  Toro does not appear to be even serviceable and Moore can't guard the post.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 day 4 hours ago #412723

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 950
"Not sure a guy who clogs up the paint would be a good fit for our team."

He would if he could stop the other team from incesstantly driving to the basket for layups due to our poor defense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Moose, Andrew, JohnnyFan

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight