Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399737

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 634

mjmaherjr wrote: Imagine the potential indian food sales at Carnesseca

With the cramped conditions and heat in CA, I shudder to think at that thought.B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, bamafan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399739

• johnsliva
  • Thank you received: 59
MJ you Racist associating Indian food with Curry. (tongue severely in cheek) I was thinking more Jamaican or Caribbean Curry. Pass the dutchie and the hot sauce on the left hand side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399743

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1465
Maher...really? One day after Indigenous People's day? ;)

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399748

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3455

johnsliva wrote: MJ you Racist associating Indian food with Curry. (tongue severely in cheek) I was thinking more Jamaican or Caribbean Curry. Pass the dutchie and the hot sauce on the left hand side.

Anyone who doesn't first (and only) think of Malaysian curry is a total heathen and has no clue what he's missing.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399757

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 3005

johnsliva wrote: MJ you Racist associating Indian food with Curry. (tongue severely in cheek) I was thinking more Jamaican or Caribbean Curry. Pass the dutchie and the hot sauce on the left hand side.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Carnesecca Arena does offer a Jamaican Patty at the concession stand.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399771

• redmanwest
  • Thank you received: 539
Back on topic, I am wondering, given other developments, if it is time to lock this kid up.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399774

• johnsliva
  • Thank you received: 59

redmanwest wrote: Back on topic, I am wondering, given other developments, if it is time to lock this kid up.

I think they wait until after this weeks zoom call and gauge if we have a shot with Amil. ps I love malsvian curries but panang is still my favorite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399777

• Long Island Mike
  • Thank you received: 10

johnsliva wrote:

redmanwest wrote: Back on topic, I am wondering, given other developments, if it is time to lock this kid up.

I think they wait until after this weeks zoom call and gauge if we have a shot with Amil. ps I love malsvian curries but panang is still my favorite.

I agree it would be good to lock him up but I would say, IMHO, our need for a "true big" stems more from the defensive side than the offensive. It seems we are always undersized struggling to defensive rebound and when a team comes in with a big we have no answer on defense typically ending up with a lot of foul trouble and a wide negative rebounding margin. It would be nice to not have such a size mismatch in trying to defend other teams bigs. We're always the scrappy undersized team. Would be nice just to be scrappy. Toro should help some this year.

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399780

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 634

JohnnyFan wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Carnesecca Arena does offer a Jamaican Patty at the concession stand.

Eat at your own risk.;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Carlos Curry, NW Mississippi CC, Center 1 month 1 week ago #399783

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 5055
Long Island Mike wrote:
I agree it would be good to lock him up but I would say, IMHO, our need for a "true big" stems more from the defensive side than the offensive. It seems we are always undersized struggling to defensive rebound and when a team comes in with a big we have no answer on defense typically ending up with a lot of foul trouble and a wide negative rebounding margin. It would be nice to not have such a size mismatch in trying to defend other teams bigs. We're always the scrappy undersized team. Would be nice just to be scrappy. Toro should help some this year.

I expect Toro to help a lot in that regard, unfortunately only for one year. A bulked up Roberts should help too assuming he further develops his game in conjunction with the added muscle this year. Will be very interesting to see his level of improvement over last year.

Last edit: by NCJohnnie.
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight