TOPIC:

Lynn Greer III, PG, Roman Catholic 2 weeks 2 days ago #394465

• Making Plays
  • Making Plays's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 675

247sports.com/Player/Lynn-Greer-III-46036179/

The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lynn Greer III, PG, Roman Catholic 2 weeks 1 day ago #394472

• ghostzapper
  • Thank you received: 430
Greer III looks very good in the videos. Are we actually involved with him very much? He clearly has played with some very good players during his time at Roman as they seem to have lots of players go to D1 programs from there. His father was a really good player for Temple and his son definitely looks like a player too.

One thing was clear from watching that video. Greer III had a great on court chemistry with the big guy on his team. That player was number 23 (the kid with the Warren Coolidge, character from the White Shadow, hairstyle). I looked him up and his name is Jalen Duren.

Memo to our coaching staff: They should reach out to Duren and try and recruit him to come here. He seems like he is going to be a big time college center. (see recruiting link below)

www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/r...d/238281/jalen-duren
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Lynn Greer III, PG, Roman Catholic 2 weeks 1 day ago #394473

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 419

ghostzapper wrote: Greer III looks very good in the videos. Are we actually involved with him very much? He clearly has played with some very good players during his time at Roman as they seem to have lots of players go to D1 programs from there. His father was a really good player for Temple and his son definitely looks like a player too.

One thing was clear from watching that video. Greer III had a great on court chemistry with the big guy on his team. That player was number 23 (the kid with the Warren Coolidge, character from the White Shadow, hairstyle). I looked him up and his name is Jalen Duren.

Memo to our coaching staff: They should reach out to Duren and try and recruit him to come here. He seems like he is going to be a big time college center. (see recruiting link below)

www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/r...d/238281/jalen-duren

Apparently no guard will commit here for the foreseeable future since we already have our “quarterback.”

Lynn Greer III, PG, Roman Catholic 2 weeks 1 day ago #394474

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 556
Hey, a guard from Philly.

What could go wrong?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Moose, MCNPA, Not an alum

Lynn Greer III, PG, Roman Catholic 2 weeks 1 day ago #394476

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 3143
Making Plays posted:
Jake ✔ @jakeweingarten
IMG Academy’s Lynn Greer III, who reclassified to 2021, is still in my opinion the high-caliber prospect he’s alway… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…

25 Jun 2020 12:15

Kid seems totally out-of-reach, with Nova, Zags, Oregon on him and Temple an early favorite.

I had mentioned I liked ghostzapper's notion about recruiting Jalen Duren, but fuhgeddaboudit: he's a 5* pursued by AL, AUB, and Big Man Ewing.

Last edit: by Chicago Days.

Lynn Greer III, PG, Roman Catholic 2 weeks 1 day ago #394480

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3136

Boo Harvey wrote: Apparently no guard will commit here for the foreseeable future since we already have our “quarterback.”

If you were a point guard, or even a shooting guard who mistakenly thinks he's a point guard, would you commit to a team that next season will have two freshman point guards, one of whom should see pretty good minutes?

A natural PG with any interest at all will wait until spring to see if Posh looks like the real deal. If we land any guard, it's going to be a kid who knows he's a shooting guard, or a combo who plans a four-year stay and slides into PG spot as a senior.

Depending on how Posh and Wusu look, SF could be more of a need than guard anyway.

• Page:
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight