Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Alex Tchikou, F, Dream City Christian/ California Stars 4 months 3 weeks ago #391386

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 3184
Definitely a long shot as Paultz says, but wonder how many of his Top Eight have an open 'ship this late for the '20-'21 season? Although I suppose most of that list would 'make' room in an eye blink for this kid.

I see from a comment about Yor Anei today, that St. Mary's has an open 'ship.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Chicago Days.

Alex Tchikou, F, Dream City Christian/ California Stars 4 months 3 weeks ago #391390

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 342
Are we a bit late on our offer

Alex Tchikou, F, Dream City Christian/ California Stars 4 months 3 weeks ago #391395

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 20852

usguard wrote: Are we a bit late on our offer

Ten minutes ago is plenty of time :)

Alex Tchikou, F, Dream City Christian/ California Stars 4 months 3 weeks ago #391408

• REB
  • Thank you received: 218

Paultzman wrote: Per Zags

Tchikou is also down to a top eight of Oregon, Alabama, Saint Mary’s, St. John’s, Arizona, USC, Florida State and Illinois, per Tipton

From my count at least three of those eight come with $'s!

Alex Tchikou, F, Dream City Christian/ California Stars 4 months 3 weeks ago #391428

• PharmDJohnnie11
  • Thank you received: 327

Paultzman wrote: Long shot

Seems like every recruit above 3 stars is a long shot with this staff....

Alex Tchikou, F, Dream City Christian/ California Stars 4 months 3 weeks ago #391515

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 634

PharmDJohnnie11 wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Long shot

Seems like every recruit above 3 stars is a long shot with this staff....

Calling Zaun and usguard, calling Zaun and usguard..................

Alex Tchikou, F, Dream City Christian/ California Stars 4 months 3 weeks ago #391519

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 663
I have no idea how much success Coach Anderson will ultimately have recruiting here. It would obviously be great if he could land a Top 50 kid like this every once in awhile. I'm pretty happy with this incoming class but I do judge it on a bit of a curve since he had to start recruiting for it from behind. One thing I'm encouraged by is it seems like we have a full staff of recruiters for the first time in awhile. Even if I'm unsure of the ultimate outcome it can't be bad that more staff members are pulling their weight on the recruiting side of things. More staff involved means more time spent communicating with recruits which can only improve our chances. This next class will be a little more predictive of our current recruiting pull I think.

Alex Tchikou, F, Dream City Christian/ California Stars 4 months 3 weeks ago #391546

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 20852
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Alex Tchikou, F, Dream City Christian/ California Stars 4 months 3 weeks ago #391548

• RedmanMike
  • Thank you received: 196
Let's not discount how much of a disadvantage you are at when you run a clean program. Looking at the final list, it is by now common knowledge that Auburn, USC, and Illinois pay players. My guess is Oregon does as well, but it's not yet as well established. These school cheat, period. Under CMA, we do not cheat. That's a lot to overcome, and it makes it very difficult to land the elite level player.

That said, I think CMA has a good eye for talent, and his system is such that it allows players to flourish. He'll bring in his kind of players, St. John's will be fine, and he will run the program the right way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Morgan, Andrew, Chicago Days

Alex Tchikou, F, Dream City Christian/ California Stars 4 months 3 weeks ago #391549

• Paul Massell
  • Thank you received: 2552

RedmanMike wrote: Let's not discount how much of a disadvantage you are at when you run a clean program. Looking at the final list, it is by now common knowledge that Auburn, USC, and Illinois pay players. My guess is Oregon does as well, but it's not yet as well established. These school cheat, period. Under CMA, we do not cheat. That's a lot to overcome, and it makes it very difficult to land the elite level player.

That said, I think CMA has a good eye for talent, and his system is such that it allows players to flourish. He'll bring in his kind of players, St. John's will be fine, and he will run the program the right way.

It is pretty well established that Oregon is one of the highest paying jobs in college basketball the past decade+. If I were a player I'd refuse to play there just on the basis of their home floor, but maybe it is just pandering to the segment of their fanbase who like to watch the games stoned out of their minds...

Illinois has been the hot ticket the last couple of years with Memphis before that, as well as the usual suspects.
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Last edit: by Paul Massell.
Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight