Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Shemani Fuller PF Cardinal Hayes HS, Bx 2 weeks 22 hours ago #394555

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 811

Mike Zaun wrote:

Mean Gene wrote: This is the type of kid that we should absolutely be able to land if the staff is serious about him. Seems to be right in our wheelhouse right now.

So...the MAAC is our wheelhouse lol

If Frank Martin at South Carolina is recruiting him that’s good enough for me. Martin is a quality coach who knows talent and has been to a Final Four.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Shemani Fuller PF Cardinal Hayes HS, Bx 2 weeks 22 hours ago #394558

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2582

Moose wrote:

I like the shot blocking. The kid is long. He projects as a 4
I would think and I’m ok with that if that’s what we are talking about. He’d be quicker than most 4’s. Still want to see us land some big talent in this class. Maybe this kid under the radar too; no idea.

Shemani Fuller PF Cardinal Hayes HS, Bx 2 weeks 18 hours ago #394583

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 592

MCNPA wrote:

Moose wrote:

I would think and I’m ok with that if that’s what we are talking about. He’d be quicker than most 4’s. Still want to see us land some big talent in this class. Maybe this kid under the radar too; no idea.

There was an interview with TJ on here a week or so ago. Said their recruiting MO was to land exactly this type of kid, along with some jucos, and then coach them up.

We'd all like to land 4 & 5* kids, but right now, with very few exceptions, that's not going to happen. Sure we can chase that kind of recruit, but until Anderson establishes himself here I don't think we're going to get many of them. Time is going to be needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Shemani Fuller PF Cardinal Hayes HS, Bx 2 weeks 16 hours ago #394585

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2582

Section9 wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Moose wrote:

There was an interview with TJ on here a week or so ago. Said their recruiting MO was to land exactly this type of kid, along with some jucos, and then coach them up.

We'd all like to land 4 & 5* kids, but right now, with very few exceptions, that's not going to happen. Sure we can chase that kind of recruit, but until Anderson establishes himself here I don't think we're going to get many of them. Time is going to be needed.

Yeah I don’t buy that. Mike Anderson has almost 400 wins. This is not an unknown commodity. Oates killing it at bama, Hurley at UConn, Musselman at Arkansas. I could go on. There’s no reason we should expect a protracted establishment period here. I get that CMA is more old school and I’m fine with that. I think he’s a fantastic coach. No excuses for not landing some real Upper Big East level talent here though. Even Leitao has 2 top 100 kids and he’s awful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Delaware, bamafan

Shemani Fuller PF Cardinal Hayes HS, Bx 2 weeks 16 hours ago #394587

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 419

Section9 wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Moose wrote:

Seems like this kid projects to be a Josh Roberts type player. I really like Robers a lot, but we need some bigs who can step in and contribute immediately.

It appears it’s going to be tough to recruit until we start winning. Conversely, it will be tough to win until we start recruiting.

To the extent we have a season this year, I think it’s critical that we significantly exceed expectations. We’ll really find ourselves in a tough spot recruiting wise with another cellar-dweller season.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight