Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rafael Pinzon, SG, LuHi, LI, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #397897

• Happy
  • Thank you received: 543

MCNPA wrote: I doubt he’d have us in the top 3 without an offer...

We were in the top 3 for Dashawn Davis before he committed to Seton Hall and we did not offer him if I remember correctly :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rafael Pinzon, SG, LuHi, LI, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #397899

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 1254

otis wrote: John P. Miciotta
@jpm114

Pinzon is as complete a prospect as you'll find. I've said this earlier and I'll say it again, His size and IQ make him a 3 position defender but he has a 3 position skill set offensively as well. Terrific passer and driver. While some ?? his shooting he's very clutch when needed
10:21 PM · Sep 9, 2020·Twitter Web App

That has been my question on him as I haven't seen much of a jump shot from him at all the times I have seen him.

Rafael Pinzon, SG, LuHi, LI, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #397904

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4481

SJU85 wrote:

otis wrote: John P. Miciotta
@jpm114

Pinzon is as complete a prospect as you'll find. I've said this earlier and I'll say it again, His size and IQ make him a 3 position defender but he has a 3 position skill set offensively as well. Terrific passer and driver. While some ?? his shooting he's very clutch when needed
10:21 PM · Sep 9, 2020·Twitter Web App

That has been my question on him as I haven't seen much of a jump shot from him at all the times I have seen him.

He seems to know that too, because in the clips I've seen, he follows up his own shot and makes something happen off the miss. Didn't seem to have any trouble taking it to the hole either. He's definitely a piece we could work with, but the whole thing about no one thinking he has an offer is a bit disconcerting.

Last edit: by L J S A. Reason: broke post into two posts

Rafael Pinzon, SG, LuHi, LI, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #397905

• L J S A

Happy wrote:

We were in the top 3 for Dashawn Davis before he committed to Seton Hall and we did not offer him if I remember correctly :)

Do kids list schools in their final three who haven't made an offer because they are trying to coax it out of them before decision day? I do know schools will float a fake offer as a favor to the high school coach to drum up support for a kid, but final three seems late in the game for this to be that.

Rafael Pinzon, SG, LuHi, LI, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #397908

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 871

Happy wrote: I love Rafael but to my knowledge we haven't offered him a scholarship and the other 2 schools have been recruiting him pretty hard. Would love the kid to come here so I guess we shall see :)

And you call yourself Happy? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy

Rafael Pinzon, SG, LuHi, LI, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #397909

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 5625

L J S A wrote:

Happy wrote:

Do kids list schools in their final three who haven't made an offer because they are trying to coax it out of them before decision day? I do know schools will float a fake offer as a favor to the high school coach to drum up support for a kid, but final three seems late in the game for this to be that.

Couple scenarios could be the case.

School is recruiting Player Y. Player Y is a year behind Player X. But Player X lists the school even though its not real. It raises the perceived value of Player X

School already has a commitment from Player Y, but Player X is now listing his final 3 and school throws Player X and his coach a bone saying name us even though its not real.

Now flip side is fans of a school will then think they lost out to a New Mexico but in reality it was never really an option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Rafael Pinzon, SG, LuHi, LI, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #397914

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 26087
Dan McHale, former SH AC and a solid recruiter, is leading Pinzon effort for New Mexico. Chatter seems however to point to Florida as leading.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A, QueensBall

Rafael Pinzon, SG, LuHi, LI, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #397917

• L J S A
I'm starting to get a bit bummed that local kids who I want are not receiving enough interest from us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo

Rafael Pinzon, SG, LuHi, LI, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #397919

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 26087
“St Johns is in New York and I play for a high school in NY, I went to the pep rally last year and I love the energy,” Pinzon said. “They play in the Big East. I’ve talked with coach Anderson and coach Van Macon a couple times this summer. They tell me that I'm a player that can play three positions and run the plays quickly for them. Also, their defensive style fits me. It's a fast offensive team, I like to score in transition. It’s also a good fit to me, but we will decide which one is the best option.”

“Florida has been a great division 1 program, also David Huertas and Walter Hodge are from my town, and won championships with Florida,” he said. “Coach Mincy knows about the Puerto Rico national team because his brother plays for it.

“New Mexico is a good community and there are a lot of latinos there,” he said. “They also play with a lot of pace, a little like what I play in FIBA. I’ve talked with a lot of coaches from there and they really have shown interest. The coaches tell me that I can be big for their fans and score in their system. I really like that they play with a lot of pace and run plays.

247sports.com/college/saint-johns/Articl...ew-Mexico-151294264/

Rafael Pinzon, SG, LuHi, LI, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #397920

• L J S A

Paultzman wrote: Dan McHale, former SH AC and a solid recruiter, is leading Pinzon effort for New Mexico.

I think he'd be a good fit here if we ever lose an assistant and he wants to come home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight