Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 3 months 6 days ago #386396

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 4803
US Guard, we just finished 17-15 in coach's first season when many were predicting disaster. Our 2020 recruiting class has one 4 star high school recruit and two JC All Americans. Might not be a bad idea to show a bit of faith in a staff whose efforts to date clearly merit that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, AlBovino, SJU85, RedStormRising, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Not an alum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 3 months 6 days ago #386407

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3999

usguard wrote: Yes,we are throwing everything against the wall in hopes that something sticks
Problem is what realistic chance do we have with anyone. That’s is are we in a really good place with any of them

You’re hilarious

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 3 months 6 days ago #386410

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 327
Thank you let’s just grab 1 or 2 recruits out of all these players and positive outlooks will blossom

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 3 months 6 days ago #386412

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2573

NCJohnnie wrote: US Guard, we just finished 17-15 in coach's first season when many were predicting disaster. Our 2020 recruiting class has one 4 star high school recruit and two JC All Americans. Might not be a bad idea to show a bit of faith in a staff whose efforts to date clearly merit that.

Agree here. I think we have a sneaky good class this year. Honestly, Mike Anderson’s last class was underwhelming on paper with Rutherford, Dunn, Champagnie but real-world was underrated a ton. This class is even better. A legit pg, two legit juco AA’s, Wusu who I think will be this class’ Champagnie and a grad big who can rebound real well. There a lot of substance there and we don’t lose much. I bet the 2021 class is even better when all is said and done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, Room112, SJU85, otis, fuchsia, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 3 months 6 days ago #386418

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 19659
Spoke with junior Drissa Traore @NextUp_Driss. He has offers from St John’s, Illinois, and others. He has no leading program and just trying to get as many options as possible. @LuHiBasketball

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 3 months 6 days ago #386421

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 19659

usguard wrote: Yes,we are throwing everything against the wall in hopes that something sticks
Problem is what realistic chance do we have with anyone. That’s is are we in a really good place with any of them

Pretty convinced I would not want you on Coronavirus Task Force :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moon Mullen, Chicago Days, RedStormNC

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 3 months 6 days ago #386429

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 327
I wouldn’t want myself on it either
What I do want is top recruits,the wait over the yrs has been tough if your young you may see a top ten team during your life time
I know it’s unrealistic but I want it sooner rather than latter

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 3 months 6 days ago #386440

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3999

usguard wrote: I wouldn’t want myself on it either
What I do want is top recruits,the wait over the yrs has been tough if your young you may see a top ten team during your life time

Maybe you should refer to the 2021 thread to see how many 21 kids have committed somewhere. That might help you relax.

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 3 months 6 days ago #386445

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3122

We all want top kids. But for more than one reason, St. John's would not make the cut with most of them. But I'm confident that CMA's coaching ability and personality will have us in good position for the ones who would have us on their list. I'm not sure how high Traore will rise in rankings, but a class of Traore and Riley would be really good in my book. Supplement with a juco or a grad transfer and we'll be in really good shape going forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, SJU85, RedStormRising, Amaseinyourface, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 3 months 5 days ago #386450

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 3582

So having been hired in late April and having to put together an entire staff which took two complete months, and I think we all agree we are delighted with the staff, he got 4 commitments for kids for 2020 all by September 15th 2019 with having next to any time to recruit these 4. From the 4 two are JcAA which in my books is clearly the equivalent of a top 60 high school player. Then he got 2 high school seniors 1 of whom is ranked number 66 and the other is considered a very underrated possible rising star. When Ian Steere announced in the spring he would transfer out and a ship opened CMA pulled in a very solid grad transfer to help man the center position, which was the position we all agree could use help for in 2020-21.
He filled all the potential holes we had for the upcoming season.
I truly fail to understand your fears. The days of getting transcripts late at night in the parking lots or of having recruiting solely in the hands of one man for three consecutive full seasons is long over. There has been a new sheriff in town for 54 weeks and this guy means business. Relax, if he got the top recruits within 4 months of being on the job he will get what is needed going forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, RedStormRising, Amaseinyourface, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days, Not an alum, NCJohnnie

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight