TOPIC:

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 1 week 2 days ago #394995

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4016

Amaseinyourface wrote:

Moose wrote:

Amaseinyourface wrote:

Class of 72 wrote: What are the comparisons to Zed Key?

My first thoughts were that he could be similar to Sonogo from the Hall. A lot of that would depend on his ability to defend the 3-5.

Isn't Sanogo a true center?

Never thought that at all. Played next to Delgado. Listed at 6’7 190.

My bad. I was thinking of the Sanogo who is going to Uconn. I thought he was going to Hall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 1 week 2 days ago #394996

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3136
My crystal ball tells me Thursday.

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 1 week 2 days ago #394997

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 1259

Moose wrote:

Amaseinyourface wrote:

Moose wrote:

Amaseinyourface wrote:

My first thoughts were that he could be similar to Sonogo from the Hall. A lot of that would depend on his ability to defend the 3-5.

My bad. I was thinking of the Sanogo who is going to Uconn. I thought he was going to Hall.

All good, I did misspell his name.

If Traore were to sign and have a similar career to Sanogo I think we’d all sign up for that.

Last edit: by Amaseinyourface.

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 1 week 2 days ago #394998

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 419

Amaseinyourface wrote:

Moose wrote:

Amaseinyourface wrote:

Moose wrote:

Amaseinyourface wrote:

All good, I did misspell his name.

If Traore were to sign and have a similar career to Sanogo I think we’d all sign up for that.

A career avg of 3.9 ppg? Sorry, I’m hoping for better.

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 1 week 2 days ago #395016

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 19698
Frankly I hoped for better 21 recruiting haul, but still time I guess. Drissa seems a good starting point and four year player they can develop.

As Moose noted, 22 is a critical year for staff to fill a lot of openings with some quality players. If they don’t, criticism would be fair imo. Let’s add Traore and several solid kids to close out 21 but raise the bar for 22. Granted staff can develop and & coach up players, but our BE competitors are regularly bringing in solid sought after kids.

Johnnies need infusion of talent next year reasonably commensurate with our rivals. I am not caught up with rankings and prefer to look at the schools pursuing kids. We need in a key 2022 transition year to win some of the battles for well regarded kids imo to get on a plane of consistent success.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Room112, SJUNC, jerseyshorejohnny, IDRAFT, gonzalo, JohnnyFan, SigEpSJU09, PharmDJohnnie11, Chicago Days and 2 other people also said thanks.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 1 week 2 days ago #395018

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2582

Paultzman wrote: Frankly I hoped for better 21 recruiting haul, but still time I guess. Drissa seems a good starting point and four year player they can develop.

As Moose noted, 22 is a critical year for staff to fill a lot of openings with some quality players. If they don’t, criticism would be fair imo. Let’s add Traore and several solid kids to close out 21 but raise the bar for 22. Granted staff can develop and & coach up players, but our BE competitors are regularly bringing in solid sought after kids.

Johnnies need infusion of talent next year reasonably commensurate with our rivals. I am not caught up with rankings and prefer to look at the schools pursuing kids. We need in a key 2022 transition year to win some of the battles for well regarded kids imo to get on a plane of consistent success.

Agree. Traore Isnt gonna be a top 5 type guy on this team. I think he will be good but I don’t want to just give up on the 21’ class just yet either. Still another 2-3 scholarships to go and it’s still early. Definitely need not only glue guys but scorers and starting-caliber types. Still a long way to go and there will be transfers etc later in season too. I think the 21’ class is fair to criticize as well as this class could really springboard us forward if we land some real talent. Staff needs to come through and land that type of talent and frankly I’m concerned we don’t have enough offensively talented players. Defense will be our hallmark but we need guys that can put the balk in the hoop at different ranges.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, mjmaherjr, Andrew, RedStormNC

Last edit: by MCNPA.

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 1 week 2 days ago #395020

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 2897

Paultzman wrote: Frankly I hoped for better 21 recruiting haul, but still time I guess. Drissa seems a good starting point and four year player they can develop.

I agree with this assessment and would add that having a college basketball season this year is important. I think our 2022 recruiting could be helped by some further evidence that the program is a solid choice for talent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony Mattia, Chicago Days

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 1 week 2 days ago #395023

• fordham96
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1991

Recruiting has to pick up significantly. People are deluding themselves when they look at the roster this year and see all of this "depth" and equate that with being a deep quality team.

They need to win some of these bigger recruiting battles.

2021 recruiting still needs a player or 2 of high impact. 2021 class will lead into year 3 of this staff. I am already giving them a bit of a pass for this year assuming we have one. But year 3 is a critical year normally
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycfan, PharmDJohnnie11

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 1 week 2 days ago #395025

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2582

fordham96 wrote:

Recruiting has to pick up significantly. People are deluding themselves when they look at the roster this year and see all of this "depth" and equate that with being a deep quality team.

They need to win some of these bigger recruiting battles.

2021 recruiting still needs a player or 2 of high impact. 2021 class will lead into year 3 of this staff. I am already giving them a bit of a pass for this year assuming we have one. But year 3 is a critical year normally

100% agree. Need higher level kids than we are landing. Kids with real takeover type skills. Long way to go, but they need to step it up. The status quo isn’t going to get us to the top of the league. UConn just came on board from the AAC and they are landing lots of top kids. I think it has hurt us that we also didn’t hire any real big recruiters on staff.

Also agree about the depth. I will say that I believe we do have quality depth, and with our style it will help a ton. We don’t have much on the offensive end though and a lot of tweener forwards. Need more studs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycfan

Last edit: by MCNPA.

Drissa Traore, PF, Lutheran HS, NY 1 week 2 days ago #395041

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 327
Just mo but the talent we have accumulated realistically gives us a shot at middle of the pack, higher rated players for 2020 were needed for us to climb the ladder higher. Let’s hope that our team surpasses expectations
We need a much better 2021 recruiting to make a big diff think the staff and coach can get those players
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Chicago Days

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight