Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 3 months 3 weeks ago #353401

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1518
Face looks more like Tracy McGrady. That said, I don’t care, let’s just land him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 3 months 3 weeks ago #353438

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 14343
Zed Key, the 6-foot-8, 230-pound forward from Long Island Lutheran and the NY Jayhawks AAU program, took an unofficial visit to St. John’s on Thursday and continues to see his recruiting take off.

“I liked it, it’s a small campus,” he said Friday by phone. “I liked the coaching staff, they gave me good information about the school and the program.”
Asked if feels he’s a priority for new coach Mike Anderson, Key said, “Yes, they really want me at St. John’s.”

St. John’s is also involved for Andre Curbelo, Key’s teammate who is currently in Greece with the Puerto Rican U19 team at the FIBA U19 World Cup.
Key said several schools are recruiting both players, including St. John’s, TCU, Florida and Rutgers, and it’s possible they could go to school together.

“There’s a whole bunch of them that really want both of us,” Key said. “We’re going to have some conversations and that’s a possibility.”

Key is also being courted heavily by Florida, Wisconsin, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Marquette, Rhode Island and Providence.
His only official visit currently set is for Florida in September.

“Florida is definitely set in stone for September and I’m trying to figure out what else,” he said.
“What I like about Florida is the weather is really nice, they have really nice facilities down there, nice arena, really good coaching staff,” he said. “They really care about their players and they really want me down at Florida also. They really want me to commit there.”

He plans to cut his list in the “near future.”
“I’ll look over what schools I have and make some decisions,” he said.
Wherever he goes he plans to be “a hard worker.”
“I always work hard,” he said. I’m a good energy guy. I have a good motor. I just keep running. I’m a good post player. I rebound on the offensive and defensive end and I block shots.”

www.zagsblog.com/2019/06/28/2020-forward...ns-visit-recruiting/
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, JohnnyFan, Tommy O 54

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 3 months 2 weeks ago #353843

• Paultzman
Why he's rising: Ranked earlier in his high school career, Key simply wasn't very impressive when I saw him last summer and during his junior season of high school. However, he played his tail off at the NBPA Top 100 Camp. He's tough, does the little things, has some skill and just seems to have that feel for being in the right place at the right time.

Current recruitment: Boston College, Marquette, Ohio State, Pitt, Providence, Rhode Island, St. John's, TCU, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin have all offered since NBPA Camp.
basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bos...st-summertime-risers
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 3 months 1 week ago #354228

• Paultzman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick C ripdumaine

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 3 months 1 week ago #354251

• Paultzman
2020 F Zed Key (@ZedBasketball14) will be a great pick up for any next level program. Plays very consistent, coachable, a versatile defensive four man who can guard multiple positions, and earns his points inside around the rim. Good day for him today so far @NYJayhawks.

Per Samad Hines
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, JohnnyFan

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 3 months 1 week ago #354256

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 2301

Paultzman wrote: 2020 F Zed Key (@ZedBasketball14) will be a great pick up for any next level program. Plays very consistent, coachable, a versatile defensive four man who can guard multiple positions, and earns his points inside around the rim. Good day for him today so far @NYJayhawks.

Per Samad Hines

Did not see his last game as we just got to the sports complex as the Jayhawks game was ending but I asked an Illinois assistant coach who had watched how did Zed Key play and he responded “great “.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, SJU85, L J S A, JohnnyFan, Patrick C ripdumaine

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 3 months 4 days ago #354369

• Paultzman
Key, has maximized his opportunities during the summer camp season and live periods, too. Neither he or Curbelo have cut their lists but that should be done in the coming weeks.

Picking a landing spot for either remains difficult, but the NY Jayhawk teammates did draw coaches from Cincinnati, Florida, Illinois, Louisville, Marquette, Miami, Notre Dame, Pitt, St. John’s, South Carolina and many others to their games.

basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/adi...akeaways-from-hoover
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 3 months 3 days ago #354412

• Paultzman
Zed received USC offer today.

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 3 months 3 days ago #354426

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 245
What is our chance with him or are most of theses kids outside of our ability to recruit right now?

Zed Key, F, Brentwood, NY 3 months 3 days ago #354428

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2844

usguard wrote: What is our chance with him or are most of theses kids outside of our ability to recruit right now?

Yeah we are stuck with 2 stars for the forseeable future.:blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Patrick C ripdumaine

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight