St. John's Tough Supporting Local Food Pantries cool t-shirt
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit)

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 3 days ago #358389

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 594

Moose wrote:

Making Plays wrote: LOL @ Jeff Goodman on twitter, telling people he's never heard of Vince Cole before.

Now he’s just in it for clicks. Nobody cares about whatever shitty website he works for. So anything he can do to create attention is golden for him. Guy went from CBS and Fox Sports to ESPN to whatever crap he does now.

It's more about Mike Anderson than it is about clicks with him. Rumor is CMA told him off one time and he's never gotten over it. He use to bash CMA anytime he got a chance when he was at Arkansas for no reason, little stuff like what he's doing now, get a big commitment he would downplay it, if we'd lose he'd make a big deal about it, he put Mike Anderson on his coaches hotseat list 3 years before he was fired. Just always negative. Our local media called him out on for being unprofessional and he had a back and forth with a couple of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, Moose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 3 days ago #358390

• Making Plays

L J S A wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: Making Plays wrote: LOL @ Jeff Goodman on twitter, telling people he's never heard of Vince Cole before.

It's one thing for the casual fan to have never heard of a kid like this, but for Goodman to have never heard of a pre-season JUCO 1st team All-American says a lot more about Goodman than it does about the player - either he's lying or he's lazy.

I think it's possible that he's really never heard of him. But the dickish part comes in where he actually writes it. I'm sure there's a ton of kids he's never heard of, but he probably doesn't say it.

He 100% heard of him, people were talking about him on twitter when Posh committed, and he was downplaying the Post commitment then, saying there really wasn't any competition for him, he read all those posts because he responded to some, at the very least he recognizes the name from those posts.

Goodman knows random European kids that are unranked and getting recruited by mid-majors, but he doesn't know a pre-season first team all JUCO player being recruited by several high majors? Yea right...
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCNPA

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 3 days ago #358391

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2383
Ill take it. Some of the best SG’s in our history were jucos like Hatten, Hardy, Harvey, Thornton and down the line. We’ve had a lot of success with them.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 3 days ago #358393

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 634

L J S A wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: Making Plays wrote: LOL @ Jeff Goodman on twitter, telling people he's never heard of Vince Cole before.

It's one thing for the casual fan to have never heard of a kid like this, but for Goodman to have never heard of a pre-season JUCO 1st team All-American says a lot more about Goodman than it does about the player - either he's lying or he's lazy.

I think it's possible that he's really never heard of him. But the dickish part comes in where he actually writes it. I'm sure there's a ton of kids he's never heard of, but he probably doesn't say it.

Big ups to CMA and staff, keep on hustling. The man is on a mission, there's no stopping him now. Who is next?

Welcome aboard Vince, you ready for the workout of your life, ready for 5am workouts? Ready to be in the best shape you ever been in, ready for none stop running in 40 minutes of hell? If no, well no need to worry, you surely will be.
This coming year will be fun, but damn I can't wait for 3-4 years from now, when it's all his kids.
That's when I think that it will get really really fun.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 3 days ago #358394

• BrooklynRed
  • Thank you received: 258
Wonderful news-congrats to the staff. A breath of fresh air, rather than holding our breath in late May looking for signees for the upcoming season.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 3 days ago #358395

• Delaware
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 283
Welcome Vince!

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 3 days ago #358396

• Porgyman
  • Thank you received: 207
Great job coach and staff! Welcome Vince!

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 3 days ago #358397

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 634

Making Plays wrote:

L J S A wrote:

He 100% heard of him, people were talking about him on twitter when Posh committed, and he was downplaying the Post commitment then, saying there really wasn't any competition for him, he read all those posts because he responded to some, at the very least he recognizes the name from those posts.

Goodman knows random European kids that are unranked and getting recruited by mid-majors, but he doesn't know a pre-season first team all JUCO player being recruited by several high majors? Yea right...

Why do people really give a flying f about what this clown says. I just laugh at this nobody.
You people want to let this nobody piss you off? Then that's your right, he doesn't faze me one bit.
Wheather he heard of Vince or not, Vince is still gonna do his thing.
So everyone should relax, we're finally in good hands with CMA & staff, and the bball program will be taken care of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: section10, Red2395

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 3 days ago #358398

• Making Plays

oldschool Redmen wrote:

Making Plays wrote:

L J S A wrote:

Why do people really give a flying f about what this clown says. I just laugh at this nobody.
You people want to let this nobody piss you off? Then that's your right, he doesn't faze me one bit.
Wheather he heard of Vince or not, Vince is still gonna do his thing.
So everyone should relax, we're finally in good hands with CMA & staff, and the bball program will be taken care of.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to give the impression that he pissed me off. I find it funny and entertaining, and love when he gets called out and back tracks.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 3 days ago #358400

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 2884
Goodman looks like an idiot whether he's actually never heard of Cole, or whether he's just saying it. To hell with Goodman. Another great get by the staff. Well done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, redmannorth, bamafan, Andrew, L J S A

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight