Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit)

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 1 week 4 days ago #376285

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 16928
NM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 1 week 4 days ago #376292

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2506

MJDinkins wrote: I watched a few minutes of the 2nd half and witnessed Cole hit a nifty, step back trey. He seems like someone who is in attack mode, but will pass the ball as well.

I also witnessed a couple blocks by Rand. If Rand is near the basket, then he's either dunking it or attempting to dunk it. I watched him hammer home two dunks during the time I watched tonight's game.

Cole's stat line from Wednesday night versus Brunswick: 10-16 from the field, 4-6 behind the arc, and 4-4 at the line.

His stat line from yesterday versus Cape Fear: 14-25 from the field, 4-10 behind the arc, and 1-2 at the line.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShrekII

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 1 week 1 day ago #376618

• Paultzman
Cole short clip & interview

The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 1 week 1 day ago #376672

• REB
  • Thank you received: 164

Paultzman wrote: Cole short clip & interview

Clip talks about him being unselfish and that was apparent in the game I watched on line. There were a bunch of times when he could have taken the shot but passed instead; he seemed to get that everyone staying involved was more important for the team to win than him scoring a lot. He scored more than 20 in that game but if he had been all about himself, could have been way over 30. That's a great attribute ... and there also will be times we'll need him to realize he just has to take over the game. I usually don't tout recruits cause i know what a tough transition it is to High D1 and its easy to project recruits a saviors for the program but I am very high on Vince Cole. Think he will just need to get a bit stronger and in CMA game condition to withstand the rigors of a BE season but otherwise really thinking he could be a gem for SJU the next two years. Seems like a really good, level-headed kid as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, MJDinkins, Coaster, Enright, NCJohnnie, BrooklynRed

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 1 week 23 hours ago #376681

• Coaster
  • Thank you received: 92

REB wrote:

Clip talks about him being unselfish and that was apparent in the game I watched on line. There were a bunch of times when he could have taken the shot but passed instead; he seemed to get that everyone staying involved was more important for the team to win than him scoring a lot. He scored more than 20 in that game but if he had been all about himself, could have been way over 30. That's a great attribute ... and there also will be times we'll need him to realize he just has to take over the game. I usually don't tout recruits cause i know what a tough transition it is to High D1 and its easy to project recruits a saviors for the program but I am very high on Vince Cole. Think he will just need to get a bit stronger and in CMA game condition to withstand the rigors of a BE season but otherwise really thinking he could be a gem for SJU the next two years. Seems like a really good, level-headed kid as well.

Funny that on this video there are several mentions of "going to the big apple," playing in New York," and "playing at MSG." Yet on another thread here some feel MSG and NYC draw is not on recruits' radar. Guess maybe it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShrekII

Last edit: by Coaster.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 1 week 23 hours ago #376684

• Jack Williams
  • Thank you received: 1563

Coaster wrote:

REB wrote:

Funny that on this video there are several mentions of "going to the big apple," playing in New York," and "playing at MSG." Yet on another thread here some feel MSG and NYC draw is not on recruits' radar. Guess maybe it is.

Well the narrative on here now is that because Cole and other recruits aren't top 100 4 star recruits, it does not matter what they think or why they are coming here

Only the top 100s matter and we do not have any. At least thats what a ton of redmen.commers are telling me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster, SigEpSJU09

Last edit: by Jack Williams.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 1 week 22 hours ago #376687

• MJDinkins

REB wrote: Clip talks about him being unselfish and that was apparent in the game I watched on line. There were a bunch of times when he could have taken the shot but passed instead; he seemed to get that everyone staying involved was more important for the team to win than him scoring a lot. He scored more than 20 in that game but if he had been all about himself, could have been way over 30. That's a great attribute ... and there also will be times we'll need him to realize he just has to take over the game. I usually don't tout recruits cause i know what a tough transition it is to High D1 and its easy to project recruits a saviors for the program but I am very high on Vince Cole. Think he will just need to get a bit stronger and in CMA game condition to withstand the rigors of a BE season but otherwise really thinking he could be a gem for SJU the next two years. Seems like a really good, level-headed kid as well.

Another thing I like about Cole from watching him is he seems like a player who is usually in "attack mode," whether he's hunting for his shot or looking to get teammates involved. He looks to have an aggressive presence.

I've been high on Cole ever since I found out we were recruiting him. My stance hasn't changed after watching him play a couple times this season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 1 week 22 hours ago #376688

• MJDinkins

Jack Williams wrote:

Coaster wrote:

REB wrote:

Well the narrative on here now is that because Cole and other recruits aren't top 100 4 star recruits, it does not matter what they think or why they are coming here

Only the top 100s matter and we do not have any. At least thats what a ton of redmen.commers are telling me

Per the same person who can't stop talking about us going after D2 and D3 bigs.... Oh, the irony!
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Room112, IDRAFT, Redman#13, Patrick C ripdumaine

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 1 week 16 hours ago #376748

• Paultzman
USC Salk defeats Denmark Tech 116-92 & moves to 21-4 overall.

Rand - 21 PTS 8 REB 5 BLK
Wilcox - 18 PTS
Cole - 18 PTS 6 REB 2 STL
Wesley - 17 PTS 8 REB
McBride - 14 PTS 7 AST
Gilmore - 10 PTS 6 REB 2 STL
Williamson - 10 PTS 5 REB
Cross - 6 PTS 5 REB 2 STL
Jefferson - 10 AST

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 1 week 15 hours ago #376849

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2609

Jack Williams wrote: Well the narrative on here now is that because Cole and other recruits aren't top 100 4 star recruits, it does not matter what they think or why they are coming here

Pretty sure top jucos would be slotted as 4 stars, so I don't get why this even keeps coming up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight