Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit)

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 2 months 5 days ago #373848

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 25788
  • Thank you received: 17647
Hear staff possibly checking out Cole teammate, Mardrez McBride, Combo guard.

njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2019-20/div1/players/mardrezmcbridepkin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 2 months 5 days ago #373851

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 25788
  • Thank you received: 17647
USC Salk defeats Denmark Tech 130-58 and moves to 15-4 overall

McBride - 20 PTS 6 AST
Wesley - 20 PTS 7 REB
Rand - 16 PTS 12 REB 5 BLK
Cole - 16 PTS 6 REB 5 AST
Gilmore - 15 PTS 5 REB 4 STL
Jefferson - 11 PTS 7 AST
Walker - 8 PTS 7 REB 6 AST 3 STL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 2 months 5 days ago #373852

  • MCNPA
  • MCNPA's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5218
  • Thank you received: 2166

Paultzman wrote: Hear staff possibly checking out Cole teammate, Mardrez McBride, Combo guard.

njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2019-20/div1/players/mardrezmcbridepkin


Imo we have enough jucos. I wonder why they’d be recruiting a combo considering we have quite a few of those? Odd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, gonzalo, Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 2 months 5 days ago #373853

  • RedStormNC
  • RedStormNC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2315
  • Thank you received: 1373
Hard to take these scores and points scored to seriously when you win by more than double and the other team is Denmark Technical College a total enrollment of 500 students.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 2 months 5 days ago #373859

  • Adam
  • Adam's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2297
  • Thank you received: 1185

MCNPA wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Hear staff possibly checking out Cole teammate, Mardrez McBride, Combo guard.

njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2019-20/div1/players/mardrezmcbridepkin


Imo we have enough jucos. I wonder why they’d be recruiting a combo considering we have quite a few of those? Odd


Yep, I'm all for adding a couple top JUCOs each year but I don't understand this. Going by stats McBride doesn't appear to be nearly as good as Cole.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 2 months 5 days ago #373861

  • CMA TIME
  • CMA TIME's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 658
  • Thank you received: 166

Adam wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Hear staff possibly checking out Cole teammate, Mardrez McBride, Combo guard.

njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2019-20/div1/players/mardrezmcbridepkin


Imo we have enough jucos. I wonder why they’d be recruiting a combo considering we have quite a few of those? Odd


Yep, I'm all for adding a couple top JUCOs each year but I don't understand this. Going by stats McBride doesn't appear to be nearly as good as Cole.


Maybe cma will win a nc here with 2 & 3* kids, he said at his presser that he wants a nc
I know about Wusu, but this kid doesn't have those same #s.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by CMA TIME.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 2 months 5 days ago #373862

  • L J S A
  • L J S A's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6319
  • Thank you received: 2708
I've learned my lesson and won't doubt coach's approach to recruiting. I will say that if Figgy leaves, and three others I suspect may transfer out actually do so, McBride would fill the need for an end of bench depth guy. Plus our two PGs going forward have has recent injury history, so maybe coach views him as a good way to hedge our bets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 2 months 4 days ago #373863

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 25788
  • Thank you received: 17647
Ahmad Rand a PF is another kid on Cole’s team they apparently are looking at. SJ had interest in the Fall. Apparently he is getting more interest than McBride, sorry. I too am not crazy about adding another Juco at first blush, but we’ll see. I’ll trust staff on this.

www.jucorecruiting.com/news_article/show/1061542

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 2 months 4 days ago #373869

  • MJDinkins
  • MJDinkins's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9631
  • Thank you received: 2642

Paultzman wrote: Ahmad Rand a PF is another kid on Cole’s team they apparently are looking at. SJ had interest in the Fall. Apparently he is getting more interest than McBride, sorry. I too am not crazy about adding another Juco at first blush, but we’ll see. I’ll trust staff on this.

www.jucorecruiting.com/news_article/show/1061542


The staff must be impressed with Rand's motor, rebounding and shot-blocking prowess.

Frankly, I'd rather target a high schooler or a JUCO freshman qualifier as I mentioned in the JUCO thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, gonzalo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 2 months 4 days ago #373873

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 25788
  • Thank you received: 17647

MJDinkins wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Ahmad Rand a PF is another kid on Cole’s team they apparently are looking at. SJ had interest in the Fall. Apparently he is getting more interest than McBride, sorry. I too am not crazy about adding another Juco at first blush, but we’ll see. I’ll trust staff on this.

www.jucorecruiting.com/news_article/show/1061542


The staff must be impressed with Rand's motor, rebounding and shot-blocking prowess.

Frankly, I'd rather target a high schooler or a JUCO freshman qualifier as I mentioned in the JUCO thread.

Agree Dink
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight