Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit)

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 5 days 45 minutes ago #362533

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3043

Porgyman wrote: Regarding signing a good big guy, just buy a plane ticket to Bradenton, Florida and hang out at IMG Academy.
Their roster this year features kids that are, 7’3””, 7’1”, 6’11”, 6’10”, and 6’10”. The 7’3” kid doesn’t start, yet he just signed with Purdue. (Continuing their line of big men). The 7’1” kid has committed to Duke. I’m not sure about the others.

I know SJU hasn't had real true good 'big' men for years. I get it.
But I don't get the hammering of we need a big man that we continue to see.

Looking back at last few national champs you have to go back to Ochefu (6-11) and Plumlee (7-0) as the last true 'big' men by these standards.

I want guys who can put the ball in the basketball. I don't care if they are 6-1 or 6-11. The best big men are gone quick to the Duke's of the world or schools like Purdue you mentioned with a history of successful bigs. Then other schools like SJU are picking bigs who will take time. Most who won't develop. I want a player who can play as opposed to 'oh we need a big'
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT, Logen, Andrew, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 5 days 36 minutes ago #362535

• Tom H O'Toole
  • Thank you received: 18

Moose wrote:

Porgyman wrote: Regarding signing a good big guy, just buy a plane ticket to Bradenton, Florida and hang out at IMG Academy.
Their roster this year features kids that are, 7’3””, 7’1”, 6’11”, 6’10”, and 6’10”. The 7’3” kid doesn’t start, yet he just signed with Purdue. (Continuing their line of big men). The 7’1” kid has committed to Duke. I’m not sure about the others.

Looking back at last few national champs you have to go back to Ochefu (6-11) and Plumlee (7-0) as the last true 'big' men by these standards.

I want guys who can put the ball in the basketball. I don't care if they are 6-1 or 6-11. The best big men are gone quick to the Duke's of the world or schools like Purdue you mentioned with a history of successful bigs. Then other schools like SJU are picking bigs who will take time. Most who won't develop. I want a player who can play as opposed to 'oh we need a big'

We need a baby shaq: 7'3 300, muscle down.35pnts, 18boards, 5blocks
Yes I know, great dream :-)

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 4 days 1 hour ago #362591

• redmanwest
  • Thank you received: 382
I think most of us just want to see the 6'9 or 6'10 bangers that most teams (at all levels of D1) seem to have. Not the 5 star 1 and done kind.

Moose wrote:

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 4 days 54 minutes ago #362598

• BrooklynRed
  • Thank you received: 89

redmanwest wrote: I think most of us just want to see the 6'9 or 6'10 bangers that most teams (at all levels of D1) seem to have. Not the 5 star 1 and done kind.

Been a long time since we had such a player. Best comparison is Zendon Hamilton and he graduated in 1998.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 4 days 52 minutes ago #362599

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 15005
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest, panther2, JohnnyFan

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 4 days 12 minutes ago #362602

• Paultzman
  • Away
Per Zach B
JUCO guard Vince Cole tells me he will sign on Wednesday. Committed to St Johns in the fall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest, Coaster, capmaker, JohnnyFan, Patrick C ripdumaine, NCJohnnie, BrooklynRed

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 days 23 hours ago #362609

• kred
  • Thank you received: 55

Paultzman wrote: Per Zach B
JUCO guard Vince Cole tells me he will sign on Wednesday. Committed to St Johns in the fall.

Amazing what a pair of 30 point wins can do

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 days 20 hours ago #362618

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 236

BrooklynRed wrote:

redmanwest wrote: I think most of us just want to see the 6'9 or 6'10 bangers that most teams (at all levels of D1) seem to have. Not the 5 star 1 and done kind.

Been a long time since we had such a player. Best comparison is Zendon Hamilton and he graduated in 1998.

I would settle for Lamont Hamilton in a heartbeat. A Justin Burrell type would be nice, although he played relatively soft after the first half of his freshman year.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 days 3 hours ago #362678

• Paultzman
  • Away
Notable Juco performers thus far;

St Johns Commit Vince Cole (6’5, Guard) of USC Salkehatchie is averaging 25.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg and 4.3 apg while shooting 54.2% from 3 (6 attempts a game). He has helped his team to a 4-0 start and #11 ranking in latest poll

www.jucorecruiting.com/news_article/show/1064186
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, redmanwest, Joe, Knight, Patrick C ripdumaine, NCJohnnie

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 2 days 9 minutes ago #362952

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 1789
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, L J S A, SigEpSJU09

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight