Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit)

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 months 2 weeks ago #362498

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1809

panther2 wrote:

Paultzman wrote: USC Salk defeats Indian River on the road 96-84 and moves to 4-0 on the season.

Vince Cole - 32 PTS 8 REB 7 AST 5 STL 3 BLK
Kevin Williamson - 21 PTS 8 REB
Keyon Wesley - 20 PTS 10 REB
Jay Jefferson - 12 PTS 8 REB 8 AST

Decent competition, think we may have a good one here.

Thanks very much for posting this Paultz. Sometimes, I read the comments on this board and just shake my head. Over the past couple of months, I have read on this board how Posh ain't this, Cole ain't that. Moore ain't the other, and who the hell is Dylan Wusu, smh. For the first time in a very long time, we had "4" commitments before the season started. It appears as if Coach Anderson and staff are working very hard to build a "program". For the life of me, I can't understand the negativity. Posh's ranking has dropped, Cole is a JUCO whose game may not translate to the Big East, Moore is too thin, and who the hell is Wusu, lol.

From everything that I have seen so far, I believe in what Coach Anderson is doing. If you have watched the first two games and listened to what the players have said, you can't help but notice the amount of respect they have for him and their determination to play hard.

Wonder what this board would have been like if Posh had committed to Seton Hall, and Cole, Moore, and Wusu chose other schools. IJS.

Well said. I am going to resurrect an old opinion that has gotten me much criticism. The truth is most of the posters here don’t really know basketball.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlBovino, panther2, Fred Solomon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 months 2 weeks ago #362512

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2565

panther2 wrote:

Paultzman wrote: USC Salk defeats Indian River on the road 96-84 and moves to 4-0 on the season.

Thanks very much for posting this Paultz. Sometimes, I read the comments on this board and just shake my head. Over the past couple of months, I have read on this board how Posh ain't this, Cole ain't that. Moore ain't the other, and who the hell is Dylan Wusu, smh. For the first time in a very long time, we had "4" commitments before the season started. It appears as if Coach Anderson and staff are working very hard to build a "program". For the life of me, I can't understand the negativity. Posh's ranking has dropped, Cole is a JUCO whose game may not translate to the Big East, Moore is too thin, and who the hell is Wusu, lol.

From everything that I have seen so far, I believe in what Coach Anderson is doing. If you have watched the first two games and listened to what the players have said, you can't help but notice the amount of respect they have for him and their determination to play hard.

Wonder what this board would have been like if Posh had committed to Seton Hall, and Cole, Moore, and Wusu chose other schools. IJS.

I think most were fine with Alexander and Cole (I was AND am a huge fan of Cole, and wanted him ASAP), but several sort of scratched their heads with the addition of Moore and Wusu. I also think many were and are willing to give the latter two a chance as well. Many folks on here are rather even-keeled.

Now, if you wanna see attacks and other BS on our '20 class, then head over to the "other" board. I'm wondering if you've been moonlighting over there and got the forums confused based on the malarkey you read over there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Moose, RedStormRising, richard A Steinfeld, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by MJDinkins.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 months 2 weeks ago #362517

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3269

MJDinkins wrote:

panther2 wrote:

I think most were fine with Alexander and Cole (I was AND am a huge fan of Cole, and wanted him ASAP), but several sort of scratched their heads with the addition of Moore and Wusu. I also think many were and are willing to give the latter two a chance as well. Many folks on here are rather even-keeled.

Now, if you wanna see attacks and other BS on our '20 class, then head over to the "other" board. I'm wondering if you've been moonlighting over there and got the forums confused based on the malarkey you read over there.

This is a great post.

The problem is this is a fan site and I think sometimes everyone needs to take a step back and realize that and accept it. A few people ranting and raving about something shouldn't lead to a broad brush stroke about 'everyone'

Bottom line there will be posters complaining when we recruit 2 stars. Posters complaining when we don’t get 5 stars. Then if a poster praises a 2 star they get ripped for drinking Kool Aid. Seems like everyone is damned if you do, damned if you don't.

*I trust Anderson. I trust his judgement. Look at Logen's favorite league the NBA. It's chalk full of players who were not 4 and 5 star players and played at no name colleges. The game has changed and there is the most focus on player development. Doesn't matter your 16 and 17 year old accolades that Rivals and 247 Sports heaped upon you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, MJDinkins, panther2, bamafan, sjc88, Logen, Amaseinyourface, Andrew, Dan V, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by Moose.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 months 2 weeks ago #362518

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2071
I’ve seen how much guys on our existing team improved that I’m positive our staff sees a lot of things about our 2020 recruits that we don’t. That said, I’ve always liked our 2020 class and think it’s quite a solid one that hits a lot of needs. If we add a good big guy we set a nice base for our team to build on. Agree with Panther on this. I think the reason is SJU fans built-in skepticism because we rarely if ever had good coaching nor a good track record of player improvement. It’s sometime that SJU fans will have for a long time until they see consistent coaching and winning I believe.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 months 2 weeks ago #362520

• Moose
  • Away

MCNPA wrote: If we add a good big guy we set a nice base for our team to build on.

I actually don't think we need a big man actually. Steere and Roberts should be a nice tandem. Adding a stretch 4 like Moore to the mix and another year of crafty Sears.

I'm more curious how we replace our scorers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface, Andrew, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie, Tommy O 54

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 months 2 weeks ago #362522

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2071

Moose wrote:

MCNPA wrote: If we add a good big guy we set a nice base for our team to build on.

I actually don't think we need a big man actually. Steere and Roberts should be a nice tandem. Adding a stretch 4 like Moore to the mix and another year of crafty Sears.

I'm more curious how we replace our scorers.

Yeah good point . I guess I’m just waiting to see what Steere does before I say the same. Gonna be impossible to replace Heron/LJ. Gotta hope Cole has some big time ability. It’s why I think next year is our true rebuilding year, not this year. Gotta trust that the staff will figure out their needs better than us fans as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommy O 54

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 months 2 weeks ago #362524

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 534

MCNPA wrote: I’ve seen how much guys on our existing team improved that I’m positive our staff sees a lot of things about our 2020 recruits that we don’t. That said, I’ve always liked our 2020 class and think it’s quite a solid one that hits a lot of needs. If we add a good big guy we set a nice base for our team to build on. Agree with Panther on this. I think the reason is SJU fans built-in skepticism because we rarely if ever had good coaching nor a good track record of player improvement. It’s sometime that SJU fans will have for a long time until they see consistent coaching and winning I believe.

Let's face it Anderson chose Wusu and Moore early. If he didn't think they were worthy of a scholarship he had time to wait but he didn't. So I go along with coach. And why not look how impressive his start has been.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, panther2, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by JackofVirginia.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 months 2 weeks ago #362528

• BrooklynRed
  • Thank you received: 204
Does anyone know when the fat lady sings. I am excited about having 4 "oral" commitments but will feel relaxed when the signed Letters of Commitment are in hand and CMA can legally speak about the players and why he offered. As to using 2 scholarships for JUCO's, I have no problem given some our past players from that route. They are mature players who have demonstrated what they can do on an advanced stage. Also, CMA seems to believe in this method as that is how he became a player at Tulsa.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 months 2 weeks ago #362529

• Moose
  • Away

BrooklynRed wrote: Does anyone know when the fat lady sings. I am excited about having 4 "oral" commitments but will feel relaxed when the signed Letters of Commitment are in hand and CMA can legally speak about the players and why he offered. As to using 2 scholarships for JUCO's, I have no problem given some our past players from that route. They are mature players who have demonstrated what they can do on an advanced stage. Also, CMA seems to believe in this method as that is how he became a player at Tulsa.

November 13-20 is signing period
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie, BrooklynRed

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 3 months 2 weeks ago #362531

• Porgyman
  • Thank you received: 181
Regarding signing a good big guy, just buy a plane ticket to Bradenton, Florida and hang out at IMG Academy.
Their roster this year features kids that are, 7’3””, 7’1”, 6’11”, 6’10”, and 6’10”. The 7’3” kid doesn’t start, yet he just signed with Purdue. (Continuing their line of big men). The 7’1” kid has committed to Duke. I’m not sure about the others.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight