Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit)

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358592

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2408
The JJ board really degenerated since last season. I think a first team juco AA is likely a very solid pickup for us. We should always be pushing for the highest level of talent of course, but in a class of 4 or maybe even 5 guys, Cole seems like a really strong option. I doubt as many have even seen Cole play, nor even knew where Salkehatchie was until recently. It will take some time making inroads with kids and this stuff isn’t instant. Hopefully Cole ends up being real good for us in the next 2 years. As Gman said, nobody expecting a savior, but he’s a high scoring and highly ranked juco. Seems like at least a very solid addition.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358594

• panther2
  • Thank you received: 2225
Really can't understand why anyone would say anything negative about this commitment. The young man seems like a player. He is 6'6 and can shoot. I believe that he will thrive in Coach Anderson's system. With Alexander and Cole, it appears as if our backcourt is set for the next couple of years. Hopefully Steere lives up to expectations.

With the complimentary pieces already in place such as Williams, Roberts, Caraher and others, along with continued success on the recruiting trail, I am looking forward to watching the reemergence of St Johns basketball on a consistent basis.

Let's go Redmen!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: billthetruth, Section3, SJUNC, Paultzman, redken, MJDinkins, JackofVirginia, gonzalo, Class of 72, Logen and 7 other people also said thanks.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358596

• billthetruth
  • Thank you received: 291

redmannorth wrote:

Rob wrote: Very curious to see how Cole and, frankly, certain others end up performing off the bat and as they progress at SJU. There is a very noticeable division and view between folks on this board and those on the other for basically all the kids Anderson & Staff have secured. I thought Cole would garner across-the-board support, but our fearless leader on JJ basically just posted that he's back-end, low major-type get that should not be expected on for much, and that it is "interesting" we took the commit this early (implying that we should have waited, but did so because we don't have other viable prospects). I don't recall this type of division on views of certain players as between the two boards. Perhaps there is a broader issue driving the perspective - i.e., Cole wasn't recruited or landed by a certain someone under 5'5, and another certain someone feels compelled to defend his buddy's legacy in some twisted way -- but it will be interesting to see which viewpoint on Anderson & Co's recruiting to date ends up being correct. I'm hoping that those happy about Cole are ultimately right.

Paultzman wrote: Wing, big & quite possibly continued prospecting for 20 kids beyond that, despite current roster limits, is my sense. Nice get & refreshing proactive recruiting.

Cole a low end player, what crap. Ranked number 2 jc player just like Cam Who at Nebraska.
I ask you all what do Billy Goodwin, Walter Berry, James Scott, Marcus Hatten and Bootsy Thornton all have in common ? They were all first or second juco AA who went on to have very good to great careers at SJU and beyond.
The hatred , ignorance or blind devotion absolutely amazes me. I would be thrilled with a team of 10 players the equivalent of Cole.

Who cares what that guy thinks. We have four excellent talent evaluators pounding the pavement on the recruiting trail and if their consensus is that Cole will help along with others to elevate this program from 20+ years of mostly 2nd division status, then we all should be happy.

Welcome aboard Vince
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358598

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2723

PharmDJohnnie11 wrote: I just read said post on JJ. The fact that he is still running an SJU "fan page" is ridiculous.

I'm not saying Cole is going to be Hatten, or Dwight Hardy etc, but comparing him to Malik Ellison is just pure rubbish. One would either have had to never seen the kid play, have no knowledge of basketball whatsoever, or have a clear agenda against the kid or the current staff to draw that comparison. I suspect the latter. Just very sad that a grown man would go to such lengths to bash a potential recruit just to push their own agenda.

This is why I never post, and barley ever read that cesspool anymore. I recommend everyone else do the same. The Redmen.com community is just so much more knowledgeable and impartial than the one over on JJ.

The site has turned into hot garbage, and many days it resembles ghost town.

Please do not listen to player evaluations per the site owner.... He's a poor talent evaluator, and needs to stick to scoops (ie, where Player A or Player B is going to college).

Maybe, he's trying to go the route of ridiculous or outta left field takes in an attempt to boost hits to the dying site. I don't know. By the foolishness he supports on the site, it (the site) needs to die off altogether.

Cole is one of the players that I wanted for our '20 class. I feel pretty good in saying that he'll pay dividends for us during his stay at St. John's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: billthetruth, Section3, Moon Mullen, Paultzman, redken, Moose, RedStormRising, Coaster, Class of 72, bamafan and 4 other people also said thanks.

Last edit: by MJDinkins.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358602

• otis
  • Thank you received: 1361

MJDinkins wrote: ......Please do not listen to player evaluations per the site owner.... He's a poor talent evaluator, and needs to stick to scoops (ie, where Player A or Player B is going to college).

————
I have learned over the past 2 decades to trust MJ Dinkins as a talent evaluator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358610

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 901

MJDinkins wrote:

PharmDJohnnie11 wrote: I just read said post on JJ. The fact that he is still running an SJU "fan page" is ridiculous.

I'm not saying Cole is going to be Hatten, or Dwight Hardy etc, but comparing him to Malik Ellison is just pure rubbish. One would either have had to never seen the kid play, have no knowledge of basketball whatsoever, or have a clear agenda against the kid or the current staff to draw that comparison. I suspect the latter. Just very sad that a grown man would go to such lengths to bash a potential recruit just to push their own agenda.

This is why I never post, and barley ever read that cesspool anymore. I recommend everyone else do the same. The Redmen.com community is just so much more knowledgeable and impartial than the one over on JJ.

Please do not listen to player evaluations per the site owner.... He's a poor talent evaluator, and needs to stick to scoops (ie, where Player A or Player B is going to college).

Maybe, he's trying to go the route of ridiculous or outta left field takes in an attempt to boost hits to the dying site. I don't know. By the foolishness he supports on the site, it (the site) needs to die off altogether.

Don't take this the wrong way, its not intended to be a knock on you, but maybe it would die off faster if reasonable posters stopped posting there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358611

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1132
Redmannorth and others - thanks for posts - and

" I ask you all what do Billy Goodwin, Walter Berry, James Scott, Marcus Hatten and Bootsy Thornton all have in common ? They were all first or second juco AA who went on to have very good to great careers at SJU and beyond".

Lions and Tigers and Bears. Oh my.
Goodwin. Berry. Scott. Hatten. Thornton (Dwight Hardy, others?)
Nice. What fun to watch!
Excellent if not almost Great "college" players and good times for their respective teams.
They did a lot for the Redmen.
Keep them coming.

Last edit: by Sherman, Sheridan & Grant.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358616

• redmen4life
  • Thank you received: 121

SJUFAN2 wrote:

MJDinkins wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way, its not intended to be a knock on you, but maybe it would die off faster if reasonable posters stopped posting there.

i think it's disheartening that anyone would wish failure on anyone else. Particularly on a person that is part of the SJU community, regardless of their opinions.

We need a need a new generation of fans. Whether it's JJ.com, Pharve on Twitter, or Troy of the Seeing Red Podcast. We need new blood to keep this program relevant.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358619

• PharmDJohnnie11
  • Thank you received: 280

redmen4life wrote:

SJUFAN2 wrote:

MJDinkins wrote:

i think it's disheartening that anyone would wish failure on anyone else. Particularly on a person that is part of the SJU community, regardless of their opinions.

We need a need a new generation of fans. Whether it's JJ.com, Pharve on Twitter, or Troy of the Seeing Red Podcast. We need new blood to keep this program relevant.

JJ had its day. Now the guy who runs it cares more about pushing his agenda than the program, and it's just a very negative environment. Time for it to fade away.

The only thing that comes out of posting over there is no one answers you for a week because it's a ghost town, or Foad sees your post and tries to point out how much smarter he is than you.

The only reason I was over there in the first place was because Paultz was posting a lot of insider info over there. Now that he's not that site is completely useless.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Last edit: by PharmDJohnnie11.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358623

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2408
JJ was a good site for a long time. Something happened after last season and the wheels fell off. Redmen.com will always be home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, SigEpSJU09

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight