Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit)

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358559

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2408

Rob wrote: Very curious to see how Cole and, frankly, certain others end up performing off the bat and as they progress at SJU. There is a very noticeable division and view between folks on this board and those on the other for basically all the kids Anderson & Staff have secured. I thought Cole would garner across-the-board support, but our fearless leader on JJ basically just posted that he's back-end, low major-type get that should not be expected on for much, and that it is "interesting" we took the commit this early (implying that we should have waited, but did so because we don't have other viable prospects). I don't recall this type of division on views of certain players as between the two boards. Perhaps there is a broader issue driving the perspective - i.e., Cole wasn't recruited or landed by a certain someone under 5'5, and another certain someone feels compelled to defend his buddy's legacy in some twisted way -- but it will be interesting to see which viewpoint on Anderson & Co's recruiting to date ends up being correct. I'm hoping that those happy about Cole are ultimately right.

Paultzman wrote: Wing, big & quite possibly continued prospecting for 20 kids beyond that, despite current roster limits, is my sense. Nice get & refreshing proactive recruiting.

Well Anderson and Cleveland know plenty about him and had been recruiting him since their days at Arkansas, so I’d venture to guess this scholarship offer wasn’t on a whim. Maybe they see a lot more potential in him than some others have. Gotta trust what the staff is doing at this point and see how it turns out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Logen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358560

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 310
It’s easy if you know basket ball either played it or have been a student of the sport your eyes will not deceive Cole is a very good player Something that the staff new
Time will tell how good mo he will be very good

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358561

• SJU14
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 420

Rob wrote: Very curious to see how Cole and, frankly, certain others end up performing off the bat and as they progress at SJU. There is a very noticeable division and view between folks on this board and those on the other for basically all the kids Anderson & Staff have secured. I thought Cole would garner across-the-board support, but our fearless leader on JJ basically just posted that he's back-end, low major-type get that should not be expected on for much, and that it is "interesting" we took the commit this early (implying that we should have waited, but did so because we don't have other viable prospects). I don't recall this type of division on views of certain players as between the two boards. Perhaps there is a broader issue driving the perspective - i.e., Cole wasn't recruited or landed by a certain someone under 5'5, and another certain someone feels compelled to defend his buddy's legacy in some twisted way -- but it will be interesting to see which viewpoint on Anderson & Co's recruiting to date ends up being correct. I'm hoping that those happy about Cole are ultimately right.

Paultzman wrote: Wing, big & quite possibly continued prospecting for 20 kids beyond that, despite current roster limits, is my sense. Nice get & refreshing proactive recruiting.

You answered it yourself towards the end. Everything he says can be taken with a grain of salt due to his recent bias toward the previous staff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358564

• Porgyman
  • Thank you received: 207

SJU14 wrote:

You answered it yourself towards the end. Everything he says can be taken with a grain of salt due to his recent bias toward the previous staff.

Aren’t these supposed to be “fan” sites for supporters of the Program? Why do these grown ass men act like 2 year olds? Grow up!!!

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358566

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3699
It's really sad

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358567

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 3365

Cole a low end player, what crap. Ranked number 2 jc player just like Cam Who at Nebraska.
I ask you all what do Billy Goodwin, Walter Berry, James Scott, Marcus Hatten and Bootsy Thornton all have in common ? They were all first or second juco AA who went on to have very good to great careers at SJU and beyond.
The hatred , ignorance or blind devotion absolutely amazes me. I would be thrilled with a team of 10 players the equivalent of Cole.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, SJUNC, romiSJU, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, SJ_NYC, Andrew, NCJohnnie, BrooklynRed

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358568

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 4546
Both CMA & St. John's have had a pretty good track record of success with JUCOs over the years. I trust staff's assessment of Cole's ability to help us and fact that he's preseason first team JUCO AA is pretty good indication others share that assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Andrew

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358582

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 221
I thought it was a bit odd at first, or perhaps truthful because everyone has an opinion and Mr. JJ certainly follows this stuff closer than I do. But literally every single recruit, or potential move, gets lambasted as being bad.

Moose wrote: It's really sad

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358585

• PharmDJohnnie11
  • Thank you received: 280

redmannorth wrote:

Cole a low end player, what crap. Ranked number 2 jc player just like Cam Who at Nebraska.
I ask you all what do Billy Goodwin, Walter Berry, James Scott, Marcus Hatten and Bootsy Thornton all have in common ? They were all first or second juco AA who went on to have very good to great careers at SJU and beyond.
The hatred , ignorance or blind devotion absolutely amazes me. I would be thrilled with a team of 10 players the equivalent of Cole.

I just read said post on JJ. The fact that he is still running an SJU "fan page" is ridiculous.

I'm not saying Cole is going to be Hatten, or Dwight Hardy etc, but comparing him to Malik Ellison is just pure rubbish. One would either have had to never seen the kid play, have no knowledge of basketball whatsoever, or have a clear agenda against the kid or the current staff to draw that comparison. I suspect the latter. Just very sad that a grown man would go to such lengths to bash a potential recruit just to push their own agenda.

This is why I never post, and barley ever read that cesspool anymore. I recommend everyone else do the same. The Redmen.com community is just so much more knowledgeable and impartial than the one over on JJ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising, panther2, BrooklynRed

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 8 months 1 week ago #358587

• gman
  • Thank you received: 733
It is always good to have some skepticism about recruits. Calling a kid a saviour (no one called Cole this) will lead to disappointment. By all account it sounds like Cole is worthy of an offer and a spot on the roster. Is he LJ, probably not and few are. At the end of the day I will trust Demeo who knows a hell of a lot more about the JUCO world than anyone on these boards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, RedStormRising, Coaster, JohnnyFan, Tommy O 54

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight