Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 9 months 2 weeks ago #358427

• Jeff Smith
  • Thank you received: 33
The lad has great shooting percentages from the field and 88% from the line. A 6'6" guy with a stroke. Great Caesar's Ghost!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 9 months 2 weeks ago #358429

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 317
So far so good
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 9 months 2 weeks ago #358431

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1150
“"I loved everything," he said of his St. John's official visit. "It was definitely a great atmosphere from the time I got there. It just felt like home. My mom was born in New York, my family is in New York--it's just a great environment."

"I know I fit. I got to watch some of the practices and I know the system that Mike Anderson runs and I know it will be great for me," he said. "I will be able to get out and score and play the one through three. I just know in his system, I will do great”

Wow thanks Mr. P -
could we have a more enthusiastic reaction by a recruit?
could we have a better recruiting effort with HC and staff?

Long gone are the days where we need beg prospects to sign on the SJU dotted line.

Mike Anderson and Mike Cragg have come here to succeed!
Good for them.
Better for the entire St. Johns family.
all the best
Nice!
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Andrew, Tommy O 54

Last edit: by Sherman, Sheridan & Grant.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 9 months 2 weeks ago #358432

• Anthony Mattia
  • Thank you received: 173

Paultzman wrote: “"I loved everything," he said of his St. John's official visit. "It was definitely a great atmosphere from the time I got there. It just felt like home. My mom was born in New York, my family is in New York--it's just a great environment."

"I know I fit. I got to watch some of the practices and I know the system that Mike Anderson runs and I know it will be great for me," he said. "I will be able to get out and score and play the one through three. I just know in his system, I will do great”
stjohns.rivals.com/news/juco-all-american-commits-to-st-john-s

What's this system thing he's talking about?Do we have one of those? Oh, sorry I forgot we hired an actual coach...FINALLY!

Great job coach and staff!

Welcome to Queens Vince!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Long Island Mike, JohnnyFan

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 9 months 2 weeks ago #358433

• PharmDJohnnie11
  • Thank you received: 287
Huge pickup. This kid is going to make a big impact from day one. Anytime you can land a JUCO All American you have to pounce. Him and Posh will form a dynamic SJU backcourt for years to come.

I hope this doesn't come off as a criticism, because it's not, but I really hope for the 2021 class and beyond this staff doesn't fall into the same trap of relying on JUCO players, and transfers like the previous staff did. Obviously it looks like this staff has a much better plan in place than the previous one, but I think it's really important to consistently land highly rated high school players in order to be successful.

Posh was a great start. I hope they continue to build upon that.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 9 months 2 weeks ago #358435

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 2219

Paultzman wrote:

redmanwest wrote: Paultzman, who do you think might be up next???

Since Guess is visiting on Madness weekend, he seems logical. Getting a big is more elusive, but there are some irons in fire.

I guess you can say Guess is your best guess. ;) :) Referencing another poster, you never call it a day in recruiting. It is a 365 days a year proposition especially in today's world of college sports with so much upheaval. That's if you really want to be good and don't just say it.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 9 months 2 weeks ago #358439

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 634
Would love to lock up the 20-21 recruitments by early november, having them all signed the loi.

Then we could start focusing on the 20-21.

Who will pop next? Get them mikey.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 9 months 2 weeks ago #358452

• Big Red
  • Thank you received: 181

Paultzman wrote: Wing, big & quite possibly continued prospecting for 20 kids beyond that, despite current roster limits, is my sense. Nice get & refreshing proactive recruiting.

There will be more movement after year one. Count on it.

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 9 months 2 weeks ago #358456

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 3524
Nothing to add other than this is a great pickup on so many levels. Replacing Heron with a big time talent, an early commitment so the staff can continue to focus on their needs and continued momentum and recruiting traction. It should be clear to all that they are looking at highly ranked talent but not at the highest of levels, no five star players. They will not be caught standing at the alter without a bride. They are working very hard but smartly in targeting highly ranked kids that they have a good shot at.
As I said earlier on this thread if we get Cole , together with Posh, this would be our best start recruiting wise in my 39 years of being a fan. Well that had now become a reality. Kudos to the staff on their outstanding start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, QueensBall, ron

Vince Cole, SG, USC Salik JC (SJU Commit) 9 months 2 weeks ago #358557

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 225
Very curious to see how Cole and, frankly, certain others end up performing off the bat and as they progress at SJU. There is a very noticeable division and view between folks on this board and those on the other for basically all the kids Anderson & Staff have secured. I thought Cole would garner across-the-board support, but our fearless leader on JJ basically just posted that he's back-end, low major-type get that should not be expected on for much, and that it is "interesting" we took the commit this early (implying that we should have waited, but did so because we don't have other viable prospects). I don't recall this type of division on views of certain players as between the two boards. Perhaps there is a broader issue driving the perspective - i.e., Cole wasn't recruited or landed by a certain someone under 5'5, and another certain someone feels compelled to defend his buddy's legacy in some twisted way -- but it will be interesting to see which viewpoint on Anderson & Co's recruiting to date ends up being correct. I'm hoping that those happy about Cole are ultimately right.

Paultzman wrote: Wing, big & quite possibly continued prospecting for 20 kids beyond that, despite current roster limits, is my sense. Nice get & refreshing proactive recruiting.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight