St. John's Tough Supporting Local Food Pantries cool t-shirt
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit)

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 7 months 4 weeks ago #358854

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 4500
Patrick C. ripdumaine wrote: This surprises me, with Guess coming in for a visit in a couple weeks and the need for bigs. But I'll trust coach.

While I'd like to see us get a pure frosh big for 2020, not sure we have an absolute need for one. Steere, Roberts & Sears are all 4/5s who will be around for a couple of years and I believe both Steere & Roberts will be solid BE players. If we sign Moore, he will be a 3 or stretch 4 and Champagnie can probably play some 4. I expect MA believes that between Cole, Steere, Williams & Dunn we will have enough scoring in 2020-2021. Maybe wait and grab frosh big in 2021 class? Just a thought...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 7 months 4 weeks ago #358855

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18595

SJU85 wrote:

L J S A wrote:

Patrick C ripdumaine wrote: This surprises me, with Guess coming in for a visit in a couple weeks and the need for bigs. But I'll trust coach

I imagine that Guess visit will be cancelled.

Welcome aboard and not surprised nor would I be if Guess visit happens. I would not be surprise if we wound up with one more commitment than ships available in anticipation of one turning pro and possibly transfers

NM

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 7 months 4 weeks ago #358857

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2874
Have to admit that this one puzzles me. And when taken in combination with Moore, all our spots are currently taken and recruiting ends on bit of a downer for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, redken, JohnnyFan

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 7 months 4 weeks ago #358860

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 350

L J S A wrote: Have to admit that this one puzzles me. And when taken in combination with Moore, all our spots are currently taken and recruiting ends on bit of a downer for me.

+1

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 7 months 4 weeks ago #358861

• SJU14
  • Thank you received: 413

Boo Harvey wrote:

L J S A wrote: Have to admit that this one puzzles me. And when taken in combination with Moore, all our spots are currently taken and recruiting ends on bit of a downer for me.

+1

LOL

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 7 months 4 weeks ago #358862

• Big Red
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 181

Again, look for more spots to open up. Like I said earlier in thread, I expect 6 to 7 new faces by the time we start next year. Lot of moving parts. Unless the players on this team just below expectations out the roof and prove they belong here. MA is gonna get players in here he thinks are good enough.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 7 months 4 weeks ago #358863

• Paultzman
It is fair to be surprised they took WuSu so early. I have chatted recently with two of the respected evaluators suggested and they were equally surprised. That said, staff has been at this a long time.Time will tell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, redken, L J S A

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 7 months 4 weeks ago #358864

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2874

Big Red wrote:

Again, look for more spots to open up. Like I said earlier in thread, I expect 6 to 7 new faces by the time we start next year. Lot of moving parts. Unless the players on this team just below expectations out the roof and prove they belong here. MA is gonna get players in here he thinks are good enough.

I saw your previous post, but I'm rarely a fan of chasing kids off. Who's currently on the chopping block in your estimation? I've never been high on Sears, but don't want him run off with a year of eligibility left. Was never high on Caraher, but he's lost a ton of weight and has been busting his balls in practice. I like Earlington. So who else is a candidate?
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 7 months 4 weeks ago #358867

• Paultzman

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 7 months 4 weeks ago #358868

• Big Red
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 181

L J S A wrote:

Big Red wrote:

I saw your previous post, but I'm rarely a fan of chasing kids off. Who's currently on the chopping block in your estimation? I've never been high on Sears, but don't want him run off with a year of eligibility left. Was never high on Caraher, but he's lost a ton of weight and has been busting his balls in practice. I like Earlington. So who else is a candidate?

It will play out naturally. Some of these guys won’t play a lot this year. Just a fact that can’t be ignored. MA is not the run off type, but is very honest in his assessment and will help kids get to a better place for their game. If you’re not gonna cheat, gotta keep it real with the kids. I’m not gonna speculate who. If it plays out, it will play out. But I feel confident from the things I have heard.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight