Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 3 weeks 2 days ago #432451

• Duke of Earlington
  • Thank you received: 683

Amaseinyourface post=432448 wrote:

Duke of Earlington post=432447 wrote: Wusu strengths: defense, driving to the hoop to score, passing

Wusu weaknesses: shooting, shooting, shooting, shooting and shooting

Kid needs to develop a jumper or hes just another St johns guard who cant shoot.

56% inside the arc though is always impressive for a guard. His ability to get in the lane and finish plus his passing acumen that you mentioned will make him a useful player regardless. And I’m banking on more than that.

I really like Wusu.  I hope hes in the gym all summer getting up hundreds of jumpers a day.  If he can consistently knock down 3s he can be one of our best players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Amaseinyourface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 3 weeks 1 day ago #432503

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 5322

austour post=432437 wrote:

Beast of the East post=432255 wrote: Staff loves Wusu's upside.  With one year under his belt he will only get better.   Harsh criticism is unwarranted.   I expect him to grow as an impact player.

I like Wusu a lot as a 6th 7th man over 4 years who makes good contributions.  I don't see him being an impact player, but maybe you and I use the term differently.

I like what I see, but also would say my opinion is formed by what staff quietly says about him.   Before this past season began, the thinking was that before his sophomore year is over he could become one of our best 2 or three players.   Certainly Posh had a bustout frosh year, and Champ just continued to grow exponentially, and certainly we've added some guys, but I think he is projected to be a starter and possibly star for us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 3 weeks 1 day ago #432504

• NCJohnnie
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 6462
Dylan is still a little rough around the edges and needs to work on his shot. Having said that, he does a lot of things you can't teach well and I'd expect him to really break out in his junior year. He seems like the type of kid who will make it his business to work on the areas of his game that need improvement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia

Last edit: by NCJohnnie.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 3 weeks 1 day ago #432505

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 1493
The fact that we've gone from when Wusu committed, most thought he was a throw in and not much was expected from him, to now discussing how he might soon breakout and become one of our best players says all we need to know. The skills are there, and I'm confident he will continue to develop. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East, Moose, gonzalo, NCJohnnie

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 3 weeks 1 day ago #432516

• JohnnyFan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 3652
In my opinion, by far exceeding freshman expectations, many fans have adopted some eyebrow raising assumptions of where Wusu's game is headed.  Those predictions may come true, but there is a lot to work on.  He will definitely be a significant contributor but, personally, I have a more conservative view of what Wusu will give us in his sophomore year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Delaware

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 3 weeks 1 day ago #432517

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 795

JohnnyFan post=432516 wrote: In my opinion, by far exceeding expectations, many fans have adopted some eyebrow raising assumptions of Wusu's game is headed.  Those predictions may come true, but there is a lot to work on.  He will definitely be a significant contributor but, personally, I have a more conservative view of what Wusu will give us in his sophomore year.

Assuming we add yet another guard, there will only be so many minutes available even if we play a lot of 3 guard lineups.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 3 weeks 1 day ago #432518

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 2543

Windy City Johnny Fan post=432517 wrote:

JohnnyFan post=432516 wrote: In my opinion, by far exceeding expectations, many fans have adopted some eyebrow raising assumptions of Wusu's game is headed.  Those predictions may come true, but there is a lot to work on.  He will definitely be a significant contributor but, personally, I have a more conservative view of what Wusu will give us in his sophomore year.

Assuming we add yet another guard, there will only be so many minutes available even if we play a lot of 3 guard lineups.

Last year with cole gettin 20+, Williams getting close to 25, and Dunn getting close to 30. Wusu still got over 20 minutes as a freshmen. Unless we add a guy like Alvarado or someone else clearly better than who we already brought in, I don’t see him losing any minutes. Of course he will have to earn them, my guess is he does.

Last edit: by Amaseinyourface.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 3 weeks 1 day ago #432520

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 795

Amaseinyourface post=432518 wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan post=432517 wrote:

Last year with cole gettin 20+, Williams getting close to 25, and Dunn getting close to 30. Wusu still got over 20 minutes as a freshmen.

Good point

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 3 weeks 1 day ago #432544

• fuchsia
  • Thank you received: 695
Wusu with better % from 3 = Earlington with better handle and more physical.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 3 weeks 1 day ago #432572

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 846

Beast of the East post=432503 wrote:

austour post=432437 wrote:

Beast of the East post=432255 wrote: Staff loves Wusu's upside.  With one year under his belt he will only get better.   Harsh criticism is unwarranted.   I expect him to grow as an impact player.

I like Wusu a lot as a 6th 7th man over 4 years who makes good contributions.  I don't see him being an impact player, but maybe you and I use the term differently.

I like what I see, but also would say my opinion is formed by what staff quietly says about him.   Before this past season began, the thinking was that before his sophomore year is over he could become one of our best 2 or three players.   Certainly Posh had a bustout frosh year, and Champ just continued to grow exponentially, and certainly we've added some guys, but I think he is projected to be a starter and possibly star for us.

Hey Beast I don't see Wusu starting unless he can consistently hit his outside shot. Stef Smith should fill the shooting guard role.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight