Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 1 week 3 days ago #430157

• Room112
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1450

MainMan post=430082 wrote: I like Greg Williams a lot and I'm sorry to see him go. 

But you know what Dylan did that Greg did not?

Dylan put his head down and went to the damn basket and finished.

He has the ultra-rare ability of an extremely quick first step and a body that defenders bounce off of. 

Dylan is the least of our worries. 

Exactly. And Dylan was a kid who most here thought was a total throw in when signing Posh. I also like the fact that Dylan was 3rd on the team in assists, and I was certainly surprised for his knack in getting assists. Since this thread really just turned into a Wusu vs Williams debate, I will say Williams didn't do a lot to take the minutes away from Wusu. I only wish he would have shown the tenacty that Wusu shown on a game by game basis with attacking the rim. Yes Williams was injured, but we never saw the fire from Williams after 3 years. Posters will point to Williams 3 pt %. Yes, he made 1 per game. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 1 week 3 days ago #430162

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3195

Delaware post=430154 wrote: Just got on this and saw 35 new posts and figured he was in the portal for sure. Glad it's not true!

Yeah don't understand why DW is such a hot topic of conversation. I guess maybe it's because he is one of the very few returning players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Delaware

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 1 week 3 days ago #430179

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4209

Beast of the East post=430078 wrote:

JohnnyFan post=430075 wrote:

Fred Solomon post=430070 wrote: May be looking long term to secure the OSL pipeline!

Okay, now this I have thought of as well.  I don't like it, but it could be that CMA had his eye on New York pipelines.  

It also reminds me of Zach's post about NY jealousy. 

I do not like that comment from Zach one bit.   A beat writer even if he has information, should know when to keep his mouth shut.   Stirring the pot like that doesn't do anyone a bit of good, and it may simply be speculation not based in fact.

I would like to get Newsman's opinion on this (and if we have some other media guys as well). I haven't done any reporting in a long time, but my first instinct was that Dunn was the one who told Zach about the jealousy, but then had major regrets when he saw it in print, even though his name wasn't attached to the quotes.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 1 week 3 days ago #430193

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 6325
JohnnyFan wrote:
I thank and appreciate everyone's opinion on this.  I can see that I am in the minority and, frankly,  it is better for St. John's if I am wrong.  

I agree with Monte's assertion that Greg will see strong interest from multiple high major programs and, hypothetically, Wusu would garner just mid major interest.  If Wusu is better than Greg for our system (I am not seeing it), then CMA had the right approach.  The unfortunate part is Greg was going to be a senior with big game experience and you cannot get a better kid off the court.  In my opinion Wusu does some things very well, but has a long way to go to be a well-rounded player.  I truly hope he gets there.  In the meantime, I believe the staff will be looking for a transfer that can shoot it to play in front of Wusu.

I'm in the minority with you on this one JF. Having said that, I really like Wusu and am glad we have him (and hope we keep him), but do think we will miss Greg quite a bit and wish him all the best. Wouldn't be surprised to see him wind up in the SEC and definitely think he will make an impact wherever he goes. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, JohnnyFan

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 1 week 3 days ago #430208

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 5797

NCJohnnie post=430193 wrote: JohnnyFan wrote:
I thank and appreciate everyone's opinion on this.  I can see that I am in the minority and, frankly,  it is better for St. John's if I am wrong.  

I agree with Monte's assertion that Greg will see strong interest from multiple high major programs and, hypothetically, Wusu would garner just mid major interest.  If Wusu is better than Greg for our system (I am not seeing it), then CMA had the right approach.  The unfortunate part is Greg was going to be a senior with big game experience and you cannot get a better kid off the court.  In my opinion Wusu does some things very well, but has a long way to go to be a well-rounded player.  I truly hope he gets there.  In the meantime, I believe the staff will be looking for a transfer that can shoot it to play in front of Wusu.

I'm in the minority with you on this one JF. Having said that, I really like Wusu and am glad we have him (and hope we keep him), but do think we will miss Greg quite a bit and wish him all the best. Wouldn't be surprised to see him wind up in the SEC and definitely think he will make an impact wherever he goes. 

Let me just add that I believe GWill still has break-out potential. This is not a knock in Wusu, who is a nice player who will only get better, but IMO he doesn't have GWill's upside. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 1 week 3 days ago #430212

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 1030
Has GWill gone through any season without being injured?

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 1 week 3 days ago #430245

• BrooklynRed
  • Thank you received: 399
Reading the comparisons of Greg and Dylan here and looking at their stats I find it interesting in comparing Greg as a soph (He was not played sufficiently as a frosh to compare that to Dylan's Freshman year) to Dylan's frosh year and Dylan is quite comaprable to Greg.  I appreciate what Greg has done for our school on and off the court and wish him well but I feel Dylan has a better upside with 3 more years to improve, not one like Greg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight