Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit)

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 week ago #367848

• QueensBall
  • Thank you received: 355

Rob wrote: We only knew the answer to that question when Matt was recruiting a kid, because he felt compelled to let Zach and the rest of the world know it, and made sure Zach would write it.

Paultzman wrote:

QueensBall wrote: Wow. Impressive. Between Wusu and Cole looks like we'll be adding some much needed shooters for next season. It's still early but learning to trust this staff's instincts. Paultzman, do you know if Van Macon was also the lead recruiter on this one?

Not sure

That may be true about Matt A (I really have no idea) but the only reason I knew that Macon was the lead recruiter on Champagnie is also because Zach wrote it. So...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 week ago #367849

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1923

Rob wrote: We only knew the answer to that question when Matt was recruiting a kid, because he felt compelled to let Zach and the rest of the world know it, and made sure Zach would write it.

Paultzman wrote:

QueensBall wrote: Wow. Impressive. Between Wusu and Cole looks like we'll be adding some much needed shooters for next season. It's still early but learning to trust this staff's instincts. Paultzman, do you know if Van Macon was also the lead recruiter on this one?

Not sure

We also knew because Matt was basically the only coach doing any recruiting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: austour, mjmaherjr, SJU85

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 week ago #367860

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2612

Tom H O'Toole wrote:

L J S A wrote: I don't want to have to keep saying that I was initially confused by his signing, but I feel the need to eat crow every time he has a game like this. Job well done by the staff.

Wusu is ranked #364 by 247sports.com.
Are these experts clueless or did he just blowup this year?
By the #s he's putting up he seems like a 5*, or atleast a high 4*.

Has a 3* ever and a year as a 5*? Not that it matters much, was just wondering.

Honestly, I think it's impossible for rankers to see everyone, so after the top 200 or so, it's pure guesswork. They probably look at previous stats, level of competition, and just slap the names together as best they can. I don' think Wusu started at OSL, either. He was at Blessed Sacrament or something like that, so lower tier Catholic league that probably doesn't get many eyes outside of very local scribes doesn't really lend itself to kids being noticed.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 week ago #367861

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2612

Tom H O'Toole wrote: Has a 3* ever and a year as a 5*? Not that it matters much, was just wondering.

I'm sure there have been seniors who came out of nowhere. Probably happens less often in the Internet/social media era. But I think if I had a list of guys from last several decades of year-end rankings I could probably pick some guys out who skyrocketed late, but that would probably be pretty time consuming even if I had those lists handy.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 week ago #367902

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 189
That's true. And I'll guess that happened organically, from the kid, his AAU coach, Mike Anderson, or was otherwise well known, as opposed to being force fed by Macon to a reporter to generate pub for himself in exchange for finding out about other inner-workings of the program.

QueensBall wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Not sure

That may be true about Matt A (I really have no idea) but the only reason I knew that Macon was the lead recruiter on Champagnie is also because Zach wrote it. So...

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 week ago #367903

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 189
After Year 1 when Slice left and Mullin stopped being around, I think you are correct.

bamafan wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Not sure

We also knew because Matt was basically the only coach doing any recruiting.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 week ago #367940

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2067
And Wusu was supposedly the “weak link” to our recruiting class huh? Things looking up at SJU under CMA for sure.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 week ago #367944

• BrooklynRed
  • Thank you received: 204
OSL is playing Blair Academy in the Kyrie Invitational at 2PM on Monday December 23. I went to Barclay site and ticketmaster and they are saying "tickets went fast and are currently sold out". Damn-I am disappointed as I could have seen Dylan and Posh and Kyle Jr. at one time. Gonna keep checking back (or may just go to Barclay on Monday and see if any at the Box office or fair price from a "street ticket agent".

Last edit: by BrooklynRed.

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 week ago #368025

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 17001
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster, capmaker, Logen, BrooklynRed

Dylan Wusu, SG, OSL HS (SJU Commit) 2 months 1 day ago #369206

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 17001
OSL National Defeated Tennessee Prep 93-67 in the @citylegendz Invitational Maximus Edwards - 21pts, 9rebs, Jaquan Sanders - 15pts, 3rebs, 2asts, Dylan Wusu - 14pts, 5asts, 2rebs, 2stls, Ibine Sadiku - 12pts, 4rebs,… instagram.com/p/B6aC5UxhD7Q/…

Per @OSLBasketball

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight