Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 5 months 6 days ago #351999

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2672

MJDinkins wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Looking at his build, he probably uses his strength well once he gets going downhill.

Yup, he reminds me of Myles Powell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 5 months 5 days ago #352096

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 1826
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 5 months 4 days ago #352186

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 15069

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 5 months 3 days ago #352212

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 15069
“I would say Georgia is very serious, Dayton, Penn State, Indiana, Wake Forest,” Diarra said. “Those are some of the schools that are serious about me.”

Indiana Head Coach Archie Miller and Diarra have developed a good relationship thus far.

“We are staying in contact, Coach Miller and I have a good relationship so far,” he said. “I’m looking to take a visit there maybe during the school year or when it starts.”

Georgia Head Coach Tom Crean has done a good job recruiting hardnosed guards in the past. Crean has talked to him about getting him to the next level.

“His message is he wants to get me to the next level and thinks he can get me to the next level,” said Diarra. “He really loves my game, stays in contact with me a lot like the whole coaching staff at Georgia.”

Looking forward he plans to go on his official visits to schools when they are in session.

“I rather do them during the school year because I want to get a feel for the school’s environment when all the students are there,” said Diarra.

Diarra will be looking for a winning and family environment for college.

“The relationship with the coach and one with a family oriented environment,” he said. “I like winning of course and that’s about it.”

www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/1028812
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 5 months 3 days ago #352214

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 238
From what I read, it doesn't appear that we are in particularly good shape with most of these prospects. In a number of instances, the prospect has received an offer, but has yet to meet Coach Anderson. Doesn't exactly put us on solid footing.

The Mullin regime began with a rumbling of offers as well. We all know how that turned out. Before I give the staff platitudes on the wonderful job they're doing on the recruiting trail as many on her ehave, I'm going to wait and see who we land for 2020. I remain skeptical.

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 5 months 3 days ago #352215

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 2414

Boo Harvey wrote: From what I read, it doesn't appear that we are in particularly good shape with most of these prospects. In a number of instances, the prospect has received an offer, but has yet to meet Coach Anderson. Doesn't exactly put us on solid footing.

The Mullin regime began with a rumbling of offers as well. We all know how that turned out. Before I give the staff platitudes on the wonderful job they're doing on the recruiting trail as many on her ehave, I'm going to wait and see who we land for 2020. I remain skeptical.

Fair enough Boo
But let’s forget there are priorities. Coach Anderson was hired less than 2 months ago on April 18th.
He had to immediately move to NYC.
He had to hire a complete staff which he just completed about 10 days ago. A staff everyone seems thrilled with.
He had to rerecruit his team as many were prepared to leave following the coaching search fiasco.
He successfully rerecuited everyone which was huge. The only 1 who left was Keita who most believed would be gone anyway. He retained a very good core and has added a pg, sf and a juco forward in an attempt to have a solid team next year. No one wants an 8 win first season and I don’t believe that will occur as a result of the work put in to date. He is still desperately trying to add a grad pg and big man. Those players are not falling out of the sky at present. If he can add solid role players at those 2 positions we could be good his first year. Not his fault he was left without certain key pieces.
At the same time he has made fantastic inroads with the NYC bball community.
He has extended offers to class of 2020 and class Of 2021 players.
He is playing catch up in a major way. You can understand it and look at things from that perspective or you can chose not to. I chose to see and recognize the hard work he has been putting in and the bridges that are being built. Rome was not constructed in 1 day.
Let’s hope next spring we can all be very pleased with the class of 2020 that CMA has signed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: capmaker, richard A Steinfeld, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 5 months 3 days ago #352217

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 685

redmannorth wrote:

Boo Harvey wrote: From what I read, it doesn't appear that we are in particularly good shape with most of these prospects. In a number of instances, the prospect has received an offer, but has yet to meet Coach Anderson. Doesn't exactly put us on solid footing.

Fair enough Boo
But let’s forget there are priorities. Coach Anderson was hired less than 2 months ago on April 18th.
He had to hire a complete staff which he just completed about 10 days ago. A staff everyone seems thrilled with.
He had to rerecruit his team as many were prepared to leave following the coaching search fiasco.
He successfully rerecuited everyone which was huge. The only 1 who left was Keita who most believed would be gone anyway. He retained a very good core and has added a pg, sf and a juco forward in an attempt to have a solid team next year. No one wants an 8 win first season and I don’t believe that will occur as a result of the work put in to date. He is still desperately trying to add a grad pg and big man. Those players are not falling out of the sky at present. If he can add solid role players at those 2 positions we could be good his first year. Not his fault he was left without certain key pieces.
He is playing catch up in a major way. You can understand it and look at things from that perspective or you can chose not to. I chose to see and recognize the hard work he has been putting in and the bridges that are being built. Rome was not constructed in 1 day.
Let’s hope next spring we can all be very pleased with the class of 2020 that CMA has signed.

I think there is validity to both viewpoints - not exactly great to see we aren't even a glimmer in the eye of one of our so called priority recruits. But presumably there is a lot going on behind scenes that we just don't know. Maybe Diarra made clear he wanted to get out of Northeast for college so we're prioritizing Curbelo and Hoggard. Or maybe in a quick interview for the article he just didn't mention us for whatever reason. Think we need to just give it time at this point - and I'm the least patient guy when it comes to this stuff that I know.

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 5 months 3 days ago #352222

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 238

redmannorth wrote:

Fair enough Boo

Fair points, North. Time will tell.

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 5 months 3 days ago #352227

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 774
I agree w RMN. Nobody knows what the results are going to be . But MA is working his butt off, put together a nice staff and is making connections. Like what I see so far. Next year will be more telling,

Hassan Diarra, PG, Putnam Science Academy 5 months 3 days ago #352231

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3071

Boo Harvey wrote: I remain skeptical.

Really?
Never would have guessed that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mkras99

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight