Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355679

• Chris7
  • Thank you received: 177

Adam wrote:

ron wrote:

Adam wrote: We're on the verge of potentially landing a top 100 recruit at the most important position, so of course we need to go through 3 pages of needless bickering just to get to the 2-3 relevant posts.

From my brief online research, Seton Hall fans are expecting him to commit to St. John's. I no longer see anyone optimistic about Hall's chances. 247 has Hall as the Crystal Ball leader (based on 2 predictions from half a year ago), so given his likely near announcement, Redmen insiders, etc... everything is looking extremely optimistic.

247 still has Mullin as coach. Hardly up to date!

That's actually the point I was trying to make- in the past Hall was the only team to get any traction and thus should be our main competition. Since Hall fans are now pessimistic about their chances that is a very good sign for us.

247 users can update their Crystal Balls whenever they want, so I anticipate a few predictions for the Johnnies this week.

I wonder why Hall fans are pessimistic? For all we know, they could in fact be following one of the losers who purposely flood #sjubb with misinformation and lies such as the Pharve guy. But I hope they have a different source of info too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355681

• Adam
  • Thank you received: 1207

Chris7 wrote:

Adam wrote:

ron wrote:

Adam wrote: We're on the verge of potentially landing a top 100 recruit at the most important position, so of course we need to go through 3 pages of needless bickering just to get to the 2-3 relevant posts.

From my brief online research, Seton Hall fans are expecting him to commit to St. John's. I no longer see anyone optimistic about Hall's chances. 247 has Hall as the Crystal Ball leader (based on 2 predictions from half a year ago), so given his likely near announcement, Redmen insiders, etc... everything is looking extremely optimistic.

247 still has Mullin as coach. Hardly up to date!

That's actually the point I was trying to make- in the past Hall was the only team to get any traction and thus should be our main competition. Since Hall fans are now pessimistic about their chances that is a very good sign for us.

247 users can update their Crystal Balls whenever they want, so I anticipate a few predictions for the Johnnies this week.

I wonder why Hall fans are pessimistic? For all we know, they could in fact be following one of the losers who purposely flood #sjubb with misinformation and lies such as the Pharve guy. But I hope they have a different source of info too.

All fan bases have insiders and I don't see anyone over there still optimistic. That, combined with legit insiders on here like Paultz feeling momentum tells me that this likely gets done. Also, Hall did just sign a PG a couple weeks ago so there was already smoke before this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris7

Last edit: by Adam.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355685

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2483
I don’t understand why people can’t just enjoy the gossip as well as the actual scoops and see where this goes? Why all the criticism of other posters, whether they are right or wrong??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, shamsman2, Patrick C ripdumaine, PharmDJohnnie11, Mike Zaun, ron

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355688

• FrankInGeneral
  • Thank you received: 17
Sheesh ladies. Calm the hell down. If it's so painfully obvious that Phavre is a stooge, than it should be painfully obvious to any one else yes? So why any one would get their panties in a bunch about a guy firing off a few tweets is hilarious to me.

And Windy City is a class act, and definitely one of the more sensible and objective Johnnies fans imho. I see nothing inaccurate with the opinions he's expressed herein. Also don't think anyone was calling out the quality of Paultzman's postings or even comparing him to anyone else. The comment Windy City took issue with was Paultzman essentially saying "no one should tweet or post rumors to give the family room to decide," which would be hypocritical coming from someone who trades in such rumors and inside info. Paultzman didn't say "I'm the only one with accurate rumors and therefore only I should post," which would still be douchey, but less hypocritical.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Windy City Johnny Fan

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355691

• johnsliva
  • Thank you received: 40
Things to be Happy About today

Sounds like we are close on Posh so lets all give a prayer for help closing the deal (Jesus, Yahweh, or any of your preferred god or basketball deity)

Paltz is the backbone of the information of this board. Most here love and respect him and do not need to blow additional smoke up his butt. We know he does this for his love of the team and the board. Anyone who tries to dump crap on him will answer to the rest of us.

We are all bored as shit and I think are taking any excuse to stir the pot and have a meaty back and forth. Get over it, we have a month and will have real practices and news coming down the road to analyze and discuss.

We have a coaching staff who really really makes an effort at recruiting. They have their hand on a lot of pots. They have garbed people for 2019 with very little time and if Posh does sign have a good start on 2020 even though they got a late start. We can observe, applaud, criticize, cry but lets hold off the pitchforks and torches until after the season.

If we have some students or frequenters of the campus, lets get some eyes on the kids and practices and get reports on what kind of shape, intensity and sets and defense that is going on.

As for me I will get ready to enjoy the season for as long as I can. My expectations are 20 game because of heron and LJ. If it goes to shit I will have the Jets this year :)

Last edit: by johnsliva.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355693

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 710

johnsliva wrote: Things to be Happy About today

Sounds like we are close on Posh so lets all give a prayer for help closing the deal (Jesus, Yahweh, or any of your preferred god or basketball deity)

Paltz is the backbone of the information of this board. Most here love and respect him and do not need to blow additional smoke up his butt. We know he does this for his love of the team and the board. Anyone who tries to dump crap on him will answer to the rest of us.

We are all bored as shit and I think are taking any excuse to stir the pot and have a meaty back and forth. Get over it, we have a month and will have real practices and news coming down the road to analyze and discuss.

We have a coaching staff who really really makes an effort at recruiting. They have their hand on a lot of pots. They have garbed people for 2019 with very little time and if Posh does sign have a good start on 2020 even though they got a late start. We can observe, applaud, criticize, cry but lets hold off the pitchforks and torches until after the season.

If we have some students or frequenters of the campus, lets get some eyes on the kids and practices and get reports on what kind of shape, intensity and sets and defense that is going on.

As for me I will get ready to enjoy the season for as long as I can. My expectations are 20 game because of heron and LJ. If it goes to shit I will have the Jets this year :)

Good post. I see no reason to be snippy with one another. We are all St. John's fans and are hungry for a winner and excited for new regime. And confirmed that boredom played a significant part in my role in this flare up. It is time to unite the clans - the redmen contingent and their fearless leader Paultz and the twitter crowd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Zaun

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 15 hours ago #355717

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1276

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

johnsliva wrote: Things to be Happy About today

Good post. I see no reason to be snippy with one another. We are all St. John's fans and are hungry for a winner and excited for new regime. And confirmed that boredom played a significant part in my role in this flare up. It is time to unite the clans - the redmen contingent and their fearless leader Paultz and the twitter crowd.

Msg me on Storm Surge on Twitter and I'll unblock you. Forgot PM's were disabled. And let's get Posh! By the way, hearing that he isn't announcing soon, but rather announcing his date soon when he WILL announce.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #356143

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19128
“On its face it appeared as if Our Savior Lutheran, a team with multiple D-I prospects, was going to wipe the floor with the players from Cardozo. It became apparent quick fast and in a hurry that Judges were in it to try to win it. Andrew Laing II put Dozo on the map quickly followed by a basket from Charmarri Baskerville ‘20.”

“The Judges lead was brief as nationally ranked point guard Posh Alexander ‘20 put OSL on the fast lane to success. The powerful guard manhandled defenders and even though Cardozo put up a good fight, they had no answer to the questions of how to contain him and overcome OSL’s rebounding advantage. With 3:20 left in the first quarter Cardozo gave up its lead and never got it back.”

“Alexander led all scores with 35 points with Adde-Wusu contributing 12 points & 6 rebounds and Jaquan Sanders ‘21 adding 12 points. Nelson led Cardozo with 13 points& 3 assists.”

nychoops.rivals.com/news/smartball-classic-monday-recaps
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, redmannorth, gonzalo, QueensBall, NCJohnnie

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #356144

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19128
Posh on right looks trim fwiw;

Attachments:

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 3 weeks ago #356145

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 3507
Thank you Paultzman for pointing out once again what a great addition or rather commencement to our 2020 recruiting class Posh would be. Every passing day Andre C becomes a more difficult recruit to reel in and I for one would be more than thrilled with Posh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, gonzalo, Patrick C ripdumaine, NCJohnnie

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight