Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355651

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 710

Mike Zaun wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote: Guys, Phavre is the textbook troll of the SJ Twitter fanbase. Often, he will post things he knows is not true just to stir the pot. This is the same guy if you remember back, who claimed that Matt A was physically abusing LoVett. The other guy SJUBB Takes or whatever actually has some decent info sometimes, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him. Don't always go off the amount of followers when trying to determine if something is true.

Regardless, we are in very good shape it seems. Let's hope we get his commitment and then get the recruiting momentum going. That's the only major questionmark so far and it will be very reassuring if we get it done.

With all due respect, aren't you the guy that appointed yourself as the "official" fan account of the program on twitter without anyone's permission, only to hand out more blocks (to anyone that has even the slightest differing viewpoint than you on any topic) than we hand out offers to 2020 point guards? Maybe Phavre's not the problem?

There are accounts that are forces for good and there are trolls. A bit confused how you try to compare the two. Totally different purposes for each. One tries to unify, the other tries to create a circus. To be clear it's not just me running it and yes many were blocked because they were making personal attacks and insults, so why allow trolls to partake in giveaways/contests? It's not a differing POV when you are just stirring the pot for reactions. One thing I learned was how easily others will attempt to bring others down even if the intent is nothing but positive. The good news is that there are many more people who would rather support than disrupt. Also, it doesn't say "official" fan account anywhere. Our fanbase is very splintered, so the original intent was to get a 7 Line style page to unify the fanbase and do group meetups.

But not to harp on stupid stuff...I noticed Posh is a 4 star recruit on ESPN and I wonder if his stock will continue to rise. Would be nice to land a solid recruit early who turns into a top 60 type kid.

I don't remember what i was blocked for specifically, but i know it was totally benign and not personal - like a critique of the staff or something. many others have reported the same. yet you are on here being as critical as anyone. "Forces for good"? LOL, where do you get off?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick, jackfro, FrankInGeneral

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355652

• Windy City Johnny Fan

Paultzman wrote: Who cares about this “stuff”? It is common knowledge from credible hoops folks that Posh is a strong lean to be a Johnny. Let he and family decide the next move imo.

I find this interesting as well. You literally post every time there is any rumor about timing or lean of a commitment, or when these kids pass wind, but now we should all "let he and family decide next move"? The hypocrisy is mind-numbing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlBovino, FrankInGeneral, Rick james, Eric Williamson

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355654

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19128

Paultzman wrote: Who cares about this “stuff”? It is common knowledge from credible hoops folks that Posh is a strong lean to be a Johnny. Let he and family decide the next move imo.

I find this interesting as well. You literally post every time there is any rumor about timing or lean of a commitment, or when these kids pass wind, but now we should all "let he and family decide next move"? The hypocrisy is mind-numbing.

I post what I hear from credible folks close to program. Was simply noting, contrary to above twitter posts re commitment was imminent, that has yet to be decided. Thx for hypocrisy comment though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bacane, redmannorth, panther2, shamsman2, Jnaw17, Chris7

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355655

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 2828

Not fair. Paultz is noticeably careful about what he posts and how he frames the information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, Section9, gonzalo, ejoyce, panther2, Chris7, SigEpSJU09, Patrick C ripdumaine, AlexSTJ and 3 other people also said thanks.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355656

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 800

Paultzman wrote:

I post what I hear from credible folks close to program. Was simply noting, contrary to above twitter posts re commitment was imminent, that has yet to be decided. Thx for hypocrisy comment though.

Paultzman, I for one would like to thank you for the great information and insight that you give us here on daily basis. Especially for those of us who are big fans but are not tied into the program. Thanks again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Patrick, SJUNC, Paultzman, redken, gonzalo, SigEpSJU09, ron

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355658

• Windy City Johnny Fan

Mean Gene wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Paultzman, I for one would like to thank you for the great information and insight that you give us here on daily basis. Especially for those of us who are big fans but are not tied into the program. Thanks again!

Paultz's details are great, no question - just seems odd he should be implying that other people are somehow ruining the experience for recruits and their families by posting rumors. Also he blocked me on twitter which annoys me :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: FrankInGeneral

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355661

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1276
Windy, it's possible it was a mistake...I'll look into it if you want. Just PM me since I don't want to discuss it on this thread with all due respect. Also, I appreciate what Paultz does and without his input, this place would be a lot more boring no offense lol. He is very careful in his language I agree. Let's hope we get Posh and he will be the first in the pool to look back at other good recruits and say, "come in, the water is great!".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Windy City Johnny Fan

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355662

• Tommy O 54
  • Thank you received: 300
I agree with all the sentiments Paultz is the MAN. I look for his posts everyday!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355663

• Adam
  • Thank you received: 1207
We're on the verge of potentially landing a top 100 recruit at the most important position, so of course we need to go through 3 pages of needless bickering just to get to the 2-3 relevant posts.

From my brief online research, Seton Hall fans are expecting him to commit to St. John's. I no longer see anyone optimistic about Hall's chances. 247 has Hall as the Crystal Ball leader (based on 2 predictions from half a year ago), so given his likely near announcement, Redmen insiders, etc... everything is looking extremely optimistic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, jackfro, gonzalo, Delaware, shamsman2, JohnnyFan, FrankInGeneral, Tommy O 54

Last edit: by Adam.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 11 months 1 day ago #355665

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 1116

Mean Gene wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Paultz's details are great, no question - just seems odd he should be implying that other people are somehow ruining the experience for recruits and their families by posting rumors. Also he blocked me on twitter which annoys me :)

Twitter is a cesspool of anonymity when it comes to sharing inside "information". Its hardly the same as a known poster with legit insights into the program sharing some of those insights when he can on a site that is monitored.

Anyone can open a BS Twitter identity and post any made up nonsense they want without accountability. Heck, they can even stalk/badger recruits and their families and if they are blocked, they can just reinvent themselves and carry on trolling. Comparing that to what Paultz does here isn't fair at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick, Paultzman

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight