Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 4 days ago #400053

• fuchsia
  • Thank you received: 577
For the old timers, thick and quick makes me think of Willie Somerset of Duquesne.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shamsman2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 4 days ago #400055

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 5063
fuchsia wrote: For the old timers, thick and quick makes me think of Willie Somerset of Duquesne.

Good one. I remember Willie more as an ABA pro than with Duquesne. I looked him up and see his senior year was 64-65 which was the first year I started following college basketball and St. John's, Sonny Dove's first year. I remembered him having a good year with the old ABA NJ Americans. Saw his last year with them was 68-69 when he would only have been in his mid-late 20s. I wonder if he got injured and had to retire early?

More recently Lavance Fields comes to mind with a similar body type and great assist to turnover ratio for some very good Pitt teams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, redken, jerseyshorejohnny, shamsman2, L J S A

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 1 month 4 days ago #400058

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3462

NCJohnnie wrote: fuchsia wrote: For the old timers, thick and quick makes me think of Willie Somerset of Duquesne.

Good one. I remember Willie more as an ABA pro than with Duquesne. I looked him up and see his senior year was 64-65 which was the first year I started following college basketball and St. John's, Sonny Dove's first year. I remembered him having a good year with the old ABA NJ Americans. Saw his last year with them was 68-69 when he would only have been in his mid-late 20s. I wonder if he got injured and had to retire early?

More recently Lavance Fields comes to mind with a similar body type and great assist to turnover ratio for some very good Pitt teams.

Fields is definitely who I've been thinking of lately. I'd be thrilled with a similar college career.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight