Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit)

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 6 days ago #354813

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1248

Moose wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am almost certain that a few years ago when we started recruiting him he was asked about SJ by some reporter on his recruitment. His answer? It was something along the lines of, "Well I want to go to a bigger program than St. John's". I swear it was Posh Alexander. If so, kinda odd we are still on him after disrespecting us like that.

I do recall someone saying it but can't recall who it was.
Because I have no life I just searched both on Redmen and Google "Posh Alexander, bigger program, bigger school" and couldn't find anything to corroborate it. Hardly a full fledged investigation but still.

95% sure it was him because I remember being so shocked a recruit would be so brash about it. Rarely will you hear anything more than calculated and regurgitated responses e.g. "I like them they're doing nice things", "They have a good tradition", "They are on my list", etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 6 days ago #354816

• Patrick C ripdumaine
  • Thank you received: 191
I will take it as Coach MA and his assistants are working hard to change that perception
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 5 days ago #354842

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 18660
“This evening, Alexander (Brooklyn, New York) tweeted that his finalists are (in no order): Pitt, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Dayton and Illinois. 247 Sports rates Alexander as one of the Top 100 juniors in the country and the 5th best junior in New York.

Alexander was actually one of the first 2020 recruits that Capel offered last year and his coaches have kept in close contact with Pitt assistant coach Tim O’Toole. Despite Pitt being a finalist, it’s believed that Alexander will select either St. John’s or Seton Hall.”

pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/07/22/two-2...etball-as-finalists/

As noted yesterday, Seton Hall just signed a PG, so it appears SJU is in good shape.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, richard A Steinfeld

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 5 days ago #354849

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 2400

Paultzman wrote: “This evening, Alexander (Brooklyn, New York) tweeted that his finalists are (in no order): Pitt, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Dayton and Illinois. 247 Sports rates Alexander as one of the Top 100 juniors in the country and the 5th best junior in New York.

Alexander was actually one of the first 2020 recruits that Capel offered last year and his coaches have kept in close contact with Pitt assistant coach Tim O’Toole. Despite Pitt being a finalist, it’s believed that Alexander will select either St. John’s or Seton Hall.”

As noted yesterday, Seton Hall just signed a PG, so it appears SJU is in good shape.

Don’t want to get out hopes up, but certainly seems we are looking good here. To land a 4-star NYC PG who’s built like a brick, would certainly be more than a good start for our 2020 class. Could also help us rope in more talent. It’s good that this nyc class is relatively deep with talent at guard spots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 5 days ago #354868

• MarkRedman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1960

MCNPA wrote:

Paultzman wrote: “This evening, Alexander (Brooklyn, New York) tweeted that his finalists are (in no order): Pitt, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Dayton and Illinois. 247 Sports rates Alexander as one of the Top 100 juniors in the country and the 5th best junior in New York.

Don’t want to get out hopes up, but certainly seems we are looking good here. To land a 4-star NYC PG who’s built like a brick, would certainly be more than a good start for our 2020 class. Could also help us rope in more talent. It’s good that this nyc class is relatively deep with talent at guard spots.

Reminds me a bit of the year that we got Mark Jackson
Several outstanding NYC PG's in that class as well

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 5 days ago #354869

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 18660

MarkRedman wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Jackson, Kenny Hutchinson, Kenny Smith & Pearl Washington

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 5 days ago #354877

• MainMan
  • Thank you received: 489
Reminds me of Levance Fields.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 5 days ago #354879

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3697

MainMan wrote: Reminds me of Levance Fields.

There are few videos I've seen where he has that stocky Field/El Amin build. But others where he is quite svelte. Wonder if its pre injury post injury and effected his workouts.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 10 months 5 days ago #354884

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 1131

Paultzman wrote:

MarkRedman wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Jackson, Kenny Hutchinson, Kenny Smith & Pearl Washington

And I believe Louis said he would take the first PG to commit.
He only needed one.
Turned our well for Mark and for SJU.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 9 months 4 weeks ago #355417

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1248
Noticed Paultz's avatar...any timetable in terms of decision? Would be a real nice domino to fall our way and he's a local.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight