Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 6 months 3 weeks ago #371045

• AlBovino
  • Thank you received: 152
If Roberts is a PF then who is our Center? And please don't say Steere (Some morons on here said he would be good for 8 pts and 5 rebounds a game). I agree our current quality of shooters is pathetic, but we are adding people next year who supposedly will improve us in that area. Earlington is a great rebounder and defender, but is only 6' 5". Roberts and Champagnie get pushed around. We need another strong rebounder for next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 6 months 3 weeks ago #371046

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19555

MCNPA wrote:

AlBovino wrote: We need a bruiser Power Forward who can rebound and score more than we need another shooter. We are already adding Anderson, Cole, Wasu and McGriff to Williams, and Dunn at the PG, 2G and SF positions.

Honestly, can never have enough shooters as evidenced by this season. We have 3 PF’s in Roberts, Champagnie and Earlington which is fine right now. We need basket-makers, especially from the outside.

Exactly and Wusu btw is a slasher, not a shooter at this point nor are McGriff or Dunn. Lastly, despite roster crunch, they continue to look at possibly adding a 20 interior guy.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 6 months 3 weeks ago #371051

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 2258

AlBovino wrote: If Roberts is a PF then who is our Center? And please don't say Steere (Some morons on here said he would be good for 8 pts and 5 rebounds a game). I agree our current quality of shooters is pathetic, but we are adding people next year who supposedly will improve us in that area. Earlington is a great rebounder and defender, but is only 6' 5". Roberts and Champagnie get pushed around. We need another strong rebounder for next year.

Well then at least Paultzman isn't one of those morons because if I remember correctly he had Steere down for 10 points not 8. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 6 months 3 weeks ago #371053

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2543

AlBovino wrote: If Roberts is a PF then who is our Center? And please don't say Steere (Some morons on here said he would be good for 8 pts and 5 rebounds a game). I agree our current quality of shooters is pathetic, but we are adding people next year who supposedly will improve us in that area. Earlington is a great rebounder and defender, but is only 6' 5". Roberts and Champagnie get pushed around. We need another strong rebounder for next year.

Agree we are still without a real center. I don’t think PF is the spot that is a problem though. I think/hope both Roberts and Champagnie will add a bunch of muscle in the off-season. I’d certainly take a 7-footer like Gray etc if we can land him, OR
a shooter/scorer. We need both frankly. As far as Steere goes, I’m not writing him off yet. He really hasn’t played and jumping in at crunch time in the Big East schedule is probably a bad spot to be. He’s had a long layoff and hopefully can give us something down the line but it seems he’s clearly behind the others who earned a ton of minutes early in the non-conference. I have little doubt he’d be giving us solid minutes if he played the entire season like the rest of the crew.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 6 months 3 weeks ago #371055

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19555

bamafan wrote:

Well then at least Paultzman isn't one of those morons because if I remember correctly he had Steere down for 10 points not 8. :lol:

“Knowing he has to get in “game shape” and is also just really beginning his college, career. I would be happy with 8-10 points/game and 5-6 rebounds/game.“

My “moronic” post & won’t be the last Bama :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 6 months 3 weeks ago #371056

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 3119

Paultzman wrote: Evan Daniels;

“Posh has a lot of ability as a scorer. He’s fast, athletic and can create shot opportunities as a scorer. His style of play fits Mike Anderson.”

IMO, McGriff and Posh will be nice PG tandem next year with the former more of a distributer & the latter a capable scorer and not bad at sharing rock either. Now let’s recruit another shooter to complement their skill sets.

Hoping he goes from "Our Savior' to our savior.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, SJU85, redken, bamafan, NCJohnnie

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 6 months 3 weeks ago #371063

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 3108

Paultzman wrote: “Knowing he has to get in “game shape” and is also just really beginning his college, career. I would be happy with 8-10 points/game and 5-6 rebounds/game.“

Still not as moronic as wanting to keep Mullin as coach and attacking everyone who said he needed to go, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, Moose, MJDinkins, Class of 72, 41ndone, Mean Gene, ron

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 6 months 3 weeks ago #371067

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 727

AlBovino wrote: ... And please don't say Steere (Some morons on here said he would be good for 8 pts and 5 rebounds a game).... .

While I wasn't one of them, what makes them morons?

Last edit: by SJU85.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 6 months 3 weeks ago #371080

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 623

Paultzman wrote:

bamafan wrote:

“Knowing he has to get in “game shape” and is also just really beginning his college, career. I would be happy with 8-10 points/game and 5-6 rebounds/game.“

Way too early to give up on him.

Posh Alexander, PG, Our Savior Lutheran, NY (SJU Commit) 6 months 3 weeks ago #371081

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2543
Back to Posh, this kid is going to be fantastic for us. He’s exactly what we need leading us forward. He’s built like a brick, is tough as nails, athletic and gets after it. His demeanor is the main thing. Kid is nasty.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight