Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Andre Curbelo, PG, Lutheran HS

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 days 15 hours ago #354325

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 1266

panther2 wrote:

Logen wrote: I have asked this question countless times with no reasonable answer because in reality, there is none. Why other than for personal reasons, a girlfriend as I believe Panther suggested or something of that nature, would a recruit at the level Curbelo has reached select SJU over a Kansas or even a Louisville? We have sprinkled a couple of semi-successful seasons amongst what is now decades of mediocrity and dysfunction. I love me some SJU basketball but IMO we are just not a logical destination for higher echelon recruits. Sad, but true. We need an Anderson, a guy willing to take on the challenge, willing to go to work, to restore us as a viable program first. I don’t like it any more than the next fanatic but that is the reality as I see it. And it is easy to criticize when we don’t land this level recruit so those who will pile on, tell me why players of that caliber should come to SJU? I am waiting..............

Not sure when the girlfriend angle was mentioned, lol. However, we can't afford not to go after a player of Curbelo's caliber. He is a local recruit which makes it easy to get him on campus and attend his games. He may like New York City and want to play here in college.

On the flip side, imagine the turmoil on this board if Coach Anderson and staff did not go after him. Remember, he is not the only point guard the staff is recruiting.

One thing that always gets me about Redmen.com is the contradictions. The staff is not recruiting local players, then, why is the staff recruiting a local player who probably won't come here. Y'all can't have it both ways.

I am delighted at the effort the staff is putting in recruiting so far. Recruiting is a long process, so I do not get caught up in who is watching who on a daily basis. How about we recognize the work the staff is putting in, let the process play out, and hope for the best.

Couldn't have said it better, Panther
As the old saying goes, "you gotta be in it to win it"
We should be recruiting every top notch recruit in the metro NY area
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 days 15 hours ago #354330

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 1959

redmannorth wrote: Andre ‘s team lost to Boston in a close game. They are done. CMA and Van Macon now watching Atlanta Celtics. Second time CMA hs watched them in the last 2 days. Not familiar with their personnel.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 days 15 hours ago #354331

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1114

panther2 wrote:

Logen wrote: I have asked this question countless times with no reasonable answer because in reality, there is none. Why other than for personal reasons, a girlfriend as I believe Panther suggested or something of that nature, would a recruit at the level Curbelo has reached select SJU over a Kansas or even a Louisville? We have sprinkled a couple of semi-successful seasons amongst what is now decades of mediocrity and dysfunction. I love me some SJU basketball but IMO we are just not a logical destination for higher echelon recruits. Sad, but true. We need an Anderson, a guy willing to take on the challenge, willing to go to work, to restore us as a viable program first. I don’t like it any more than the next fanatic but that is the reality as I see it. And it is easy to criticize when we don’t land this level recruit so those who will pile on, tell me why players of that caliber should come to SJU? I am waiting..............

Not sure when the girlfriend angle was mentioned, lol. However, we can't afford not to go after a player of Curbelo's caliber. He is a local recruit which makes it easy to get him on campus and attend his games. He may like New York City and want to play here in college.

On the flip side, imagine the turmoil on this board if Coach Anderson and staff did not go after him. Remember, he is not the only point guard the staff is recruiting.

One thing that always gets me about Redmen.com is the contradictions. The staff is not recruiting local players, then, why is the staff recruiting a local player who probably won't come here. Y'all can't have it both ways.

I am delighted at the effort the staff is putting in recruiting so far. Recruiting is a long process, so I do not get caught up in who is watching who on a daily basis. How about we recognize the work the staff is putting in, let the process play out, and hope for the best.

I am getting a second career apologizing to you, but I was wrong, it was Happy who mentioned a girlfriend in a post 5 weeks ago. My bad.....again. My apologies.
To add, I agree we need to recruit a player like Curbelo, no question. My point is that from where the program is now it is tough to compete for players of his caliber unless they want to stay home. I realize others may see it differently but that is my take.
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2, Tommy O 54

Last edit: by Logen.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 4 days 15 hours ago #354352

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 13185
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A, JohnnyFan

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 days 14 hours ago #354391

• Paultzman
The following user(s) said Thank You: firestorm, Tommy O 54

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 days 13 hours ago #354394

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 629

Paultzman wrote:

As could approximately 30 other programs

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 days 11 hours ago #354409

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 375

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

As could approximately 30 other programs

Just 30?:dry:

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 2 days 15 hours ago #354457

• Paultzman
Latest offer, Maryland

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 1 day 19 hours ago #354502

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 1771
Miami perspective:

With 28 scholarship offers including Miami, Curbelo doesn’t want to name any particular school he’d like to visit officially at this point.

“I can say everyone is a top priority, I’m waiting to get back home and discuss it when I get back home (to Puerto Rico) to discuss it with my parents and coach,” Curbelo said.

His take on the Canes’ program?

“Well they’ve been recruiting me pretty hard - what they’ve been doing I think I’m a top priority for them,” Curbelo said. “They want me pretty bad. Miami is close to Puerto Rico and they think I can influence a lot of people there, there’s Puerto Rican culture there. They want me badly there.”

miami.rivals.com/news/4-star-canes-want-me-badly-

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter