TOPIC: Andre Curbelo, PG, Lutheran HS

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 1 month 1 day ago #352334

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1114

Boo Harvey wrote:

Logen wrote:

Boo Harvey wrote:

Logen wrote:

usguard wrote: So,we have been on him a long time are we any closer landing him or since big schools Like Kansas came a calling are we out of the running

No, we have not been on him for a long time; because of the coaching change we have been on him for a month, month and a half. Just the way it is; he is a helluva player and will have real choices. We have not been good, and in many ways have been dysfunctional, for a long time, and the idea that we are an overly attractive destination for a player of Curbelo’s ability is frankly, unrealistic. Doesn’t mean we don’t have a shot, we do, but that shot will largely depend on whether he wants to stay home.

Tired of excuses. Staff is getting paid a lot of money. I certainly think it’s fair to expect them to deliver a strong 2020 class.

You can call it whatever you want but I live in the real world not a silly, sophomoric fantasy one where I correlate a coaches salary and the life decision of a high schooler. I have my doubts as to whether you could even define fair.

Take a deep breath and get a grip dude. Can’t imagine how sad your life must be if you feel the need to attack an anonymous poster on a college basketball message for expressing a view you don’t like. Not sure what’s controversial or offensive about expecting a strong 2020 recruiting class. But hey, this is the honeymoon period so if I fart in the direction of CMA, I guess I should expect to get excoriated by the likes of you.

I am not a dude and let’s not talk sad lives when all you offer is the same whining post after post about something you obviously know nothing about. And it was your comment about excuses that set me off, not about 2020 recruiting. I don’t offer excuses, I offer my point of view. You don’t have to like it but obviously you can’t face the reality that we are starting over again, that Anderson has been on the job for two months or maybe you didn’t realize we changed coaches again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 1 month 21 hours ago #352341

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 227

Logen wrote:

Boo Harvey wrote:

Logen wrote:

Boo Harvey wrote:

Logen wrote:

usguard wrote: So,we have been on him a long time are we any closer landing him or since big schools Like Kansas came a calling are we out of the running

No, we have not been on him for a long time; because of the coaching change we have been on him for a month, month and a half. Just the way it is; he is a helluva player and will have real choices. We have not been good, and in many ways have been dysfunctional, for a long time, and the idea that we are an overly attractive destination for a player of Curbelo’s ability is frankly, unrealistic. Doesn’t mean we don’t have a shot, we do, but that shot will largely depend on whether he wants to stay home.

Tired of excuses. Staff is getting paid a lot of money. I certainly think it’s fair to expect them to deliver a strong 2020 class.

You can call it whatever you want but I live in the real world not a silly, sophomoric fantasy one where I correlate a coaches salary and the life decision of a high schooler. I have my doubts as to whether you could even define fair.

Take a deep breath and get a grip dude. Can’t imagine how sad your life must be if you feel the need to attack an anonymous poster on a college basketball message for expressing a view you don’t like. Not sure what’s controversial or offensive about expecting a strong 2020 recruiting class. But hey, this is the honeymoon period so if I fart in the direction of CMA, I guess I should expect to get excoriated by the likes of you.[/quot

I am not a dude and let’s not talk sad lives when all you offer is the same whining post after post about something you obviously know nothing about. And it was your comment about excuses that set me off, not about 2020 recruiting. I don’t offer excuses, I offer my point of view. You don’t have to like it but obviously you can’t face the reality that we are starting over again, that Anderson has been on the job for two months or maybe you didn’t realize we changed coaches again.

Apologies for calling you dude. Perhaps mam is more appropriate. Are you a relative of Coach Anderson? It appears my rather innocuous post has put you into a tither.

Ad hominem attacks are the telltale sign of a poor mind. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, however, and chalk it up to your being overly emotional.

In conclusion, I wasn’t attacking you in my original post. You don’t like my opinions, buck up and skip my post or respond to them on the facts. But attacking some guy on a message board bc you don’t agree with what he wrote is a little pathetic, wouldn’t you agree?

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 1 month 21 hours ago #352342

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 227
Pardon the typo, the word is “dither” not “tither.”

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 1 month 21 hours ago #352343

• fuchsia
  • Thank you received: 184
I was much happier with MJM's treatise on the power of cruciferous vegetables.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 weeks 2 days ago #353116

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 13185
Okay, this might be a bit of a reach but Curbelo is one of eight players who made the U19 team after guiding Puerto Rico to a magical third place at the FIBA U17 Basketball World Cup 2018 in Argentina. Curbelo was electric as the Puerto Ricans' leader, driving to the basket at will and always making the right decision with the ball. That ended up getting Curbelo a spot on the All-Star Five. After a successful season at high school in New York, the Puerto Rican ace is ready for more fun.

www.fiba.basketball/world/u19/2019/news/...tball-world-cup-2019
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe, Valgoth, JohnnyFan

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 2 weeks 5 days ago #353521

• Paultzman

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 2 weeks 3 days ago #353677

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 1579
Some clips of Curbelo in action....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 2 weeks 3 days ago #353691

• JohnnyFan
  • JohnnyFan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2026
Good find, Dink. For anyone who has not seen Curbelo play, I recommend the videos posted in that twitter thread. He makes those types of plays all game, every game. If you are an opponent, Curbelo is a real pain in the a$$.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 2 weeks 2 days ago #353753

• Paultzman
Per LuHi Basketball
‘20 Andre Curbelo (@papicurbelo11) had 17 points, 13 assists, 5 steals & 4 rebounds vs. China in the U19 FIBA World Cup today. #LuHiBasketball #FIBA
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Coaster, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 2 weeks 2 days ago #353756

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 629

Paultzman wrote: Per LuHi Basketball
‘20 Andre Curbelo (@papicurbelo11) had 17 points, 13 assists, 5 steals & 4 rebounds vs. China in the U19 FIBA World Cup today. #LuHiBasketball #FIBA

Paultz would it be safe to say that if you could choose only one of our current recruits to guarantee they'd commit that Curbelo would be your guy? Might be mine as well.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter