Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Andre Curbelo, PG, Lutheran HS

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 1 week ago #341594

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1582

Chicago Days wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: SJUNC wrote: Maybe we should just hire RedmanNorth !

I know if RMN were on staff, we would have signed Dort and my guy Tyrese Samuel from Canada that we inexplicably ignored.

Great points, NCJ.
We seemed to have mysteriously missed some opportunities in 2017 and 2018, recruiting-wise.
RMN was early in touting Tyrese Samuel on this Board to no avail..
That's a tough one...and he wound up at the Hall!.
Arrggh.

Just curious Chicago but were your ancestors pirates by any chance? Arrggh! ;) :) Funny cause coincidently just heard a pirate joke with a punchline of Arrggh, It drives me nuts!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 1 week ago #341616

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

bamafan wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

I know if RMN were on staff, we would have signed Dort and my guy Tyrese Samuel from Canada that we inexplicably ignored.

Great points, NCJ.
We seemed to have mysteriously missed some opportunities in 2017 and 2018, recruiting-wise.
Arrggh.

Just curious Chicago but were your ancestors pirates by any chance? Arrggh! ;) :) Funny cause coincidently just heard a pirate joke with a punchline of Arrggh, It drives me nuts!

That’s funny, Bama! Nah, I just like the way it looks ‘written’. It’s expressive! Must be the writer in me.
I’ll refrain from it, now that I know it bothers you.
Hmm, what can I replace it with?!? Lol.

Last edit: by Chicago Days.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 1 week ago #341628

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1582

Chicago Days wrote:

bamafan wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Great points, NCJ.
Arrggh.

That’s funny, Bama! Nah, I just like the way it looks ‘written’. It’s expressive! Must be the writer in me.
I’ll refrain from it, now that I know it bothers you.
Hmm, what can I replace it with?!? Lol.

Doesn't bother me at all-arrggh it's drives me nuts is the punch line of a joke I just heard as I said.More fun that writing it is saying it like a pirate AARRGGH! :lol:

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 1 week ago #341633

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 1971

Chicago Days wrote:

Great points, NCJ.
Arrggh.

I don’t believe it is a mystery at all. In the case of Tyrese we had contact with him before Seton Hall and many other of the big boys. The problem was as Paultzman has often pointed out , with I believe a unanimous consensus , that you can’t have one coach out of 4 being the sole recruiter. And whether Matt wanted it that way or not , i really don’t know, it was the reality and Coach should never have let that happen. Recruiting is a team effort. I can understand with transfers and perhaps jucos one man can be the pivotal recruiter as these are somewhat exceptional situations that very often have a short window for a decision to be made and Matt did a very good job with jucos and transfers , but our high school recruiting was woeful under Coach Mullin and the team effort was not lacking but rather non -existant. The assistant coaches are there to identify the talent but the head coach must be involved when things warm up.
If you are Tyrese or Luguenz I am sure you would say to yourself it’s great that St. John’s is interested in me but if Bobby Hurley and Patrick Ewing and Danny Manning can all take a flight (s) to Canada to see me why can’t the coach at the school the shortest distance away do the same ? His and his coach’s conclusion they don’t care about me enough.
So no mystery to me at all why they are not at SJU.
Is it a mystery why Coach Mullin or Mitch who would have made a fantastic impression on the kid could not make a 55 minute flight to see the kid and his coach in person , you bet in my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Paultzman, RedStormRising, Delaware, capmaker, bamafan, richard A Steinfeld, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 1 week ago #341658

• SJUNC
  • Thank you received: 111

redmannorth wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Great points, NCJ.
Arrggh.

I don’t believe it is a mystery at all. In the case of Tyrese we had contact with him before Seton Hall and many other of the big boys. The problem was as Paultzman has often pointed out , with I believe a unanimous consensus , that you can’t have one coach out of 4 being the sole recruiter. And whether Matt wanted it that way or not , i really don’t know, it was the reality and Coach should never have let that happen. Recruiting is a team effort. I can understand with transfers and perhaps jucos one man can be the pivotal recruiter as these are somewhat exceptional situations that very often have a short window for a decision to be made and Matt did a very good job with jucos and transfers , but our high school recruiting was woeful under Coach Mullin and the team effort was not lacking but rather non -existant. The assistant coaches are there to identify the talent but the head coach must be involved when things warm up.
If you are Tyrese or Luguenz I am sure you would say to yourself it’s great that St. John’s is interested in me but if Bobby Hurley and Patrick Ewing and Danny Manning can all take a flight (s) to Canada to see me why can’t the coach at the school the shortest distance away do the same ? His and his coach’s conclusion they don’t care about me enough.
So no mystery to me at all why they are not at SJU.
Is it a mystery why Coach Mullin or Mitch who would have made a fantastic impression on the kid could not make a 55 minute flight to see the kid and his coach in person , you bet in my opinion.

That said. Will you take the job ?

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 1 week ago #341661

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 13255
Jay David, Andre’s AAU coach and key person in mix, is long rumored to be interested in college gig. I see Zagoria pushing him recently, another element of how the system works imo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coaster, Fred Solomon

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 3 days ago #344844

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 13255

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 3 days ago #344914

• JohnnyFan
  • JohnnyFan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2027

Paultzman wrote: 247sports.com/college/louisville/Article...-interest-131347597/

Uhg. Hopefully the new regime regards him as a priority. He won't be the top rated 2020 point guard, but he may be the best PG for us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Coaster

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 3 days ago #344987

• Chris7
  • Thank you received: 161

Paultzman wrote: 247sports.com/college/louisville/Article...-interest-131347597/

Heard from LuHi alum and former player that it's his understanding that Andre is being encouraged by his people to head to SJU and take the team over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Room112, Paultzman, MJDinkins, IDRAFT, gonzalo, gman, capmaker, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, JohnnyFan

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 3 months 3 days ago #344995

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

Chris7 wrote:

Heard from LuHi alum and former player that it's his understanding that Andre is being encouraged by his people to head to SJU and take the team over.

And a day like this gives that spin momentum.
Hoping Mike & Staff reach out soon to Andre and,if possible, Jay David considered for the DOBO spot.
That'd be 'icing' on the proverbial 'cake'.

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter