Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Andre Curbelo, PG, Lutheran HS

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 months 3 weeks ago #317257

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 1771

redmannorth wrote:

Paultzman wrote: RIVALS’ REACTION

Curbelo has only visited St. John’s thus far, an unofficial visit, as his focus remains elsewhere.

“There (are) a couple of colleges and a bunch that are saying that I could be the guy at their place, but I am not necessarily worrying about that too much right now,” he said. “I am just focusing on school and my grades and basketball, just pushing very hard.”

While he hasn’t thought too much about his recruitment, that could all be changing soon.

“Probably, after the season,” he said. “Then it is AAU, and that is when you start thinking about where you want to go. This will be my last year of that so in July, whatever I have, I will start cutting my list down and then the goal – I have to talk to my coaches – is to see what is best, verbally commit in the fall and sign after.”
basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/202...loping-into-a-leader

Not looking to derail this thread at all, but a little disappointed to read that he has yet to speak directly with Coach Mullin. You would think that with a decision 8-9 months away that the head coach would have spoken with a kid who plays but a few miles from the school and who would be a very good addition to the class of 2020. Anyway, what the hell do I know ?

Why are you so negative? LOL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days, Mike Zaun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 months 3 weeks ago #317260

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1578

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Per Rivals;

Hey Chris, pick up the damn phone maybe? Just a quick "hey, how are you, we're really interested in you"? wouldn't take more than 2 minutes would it LOL?

Come on Windy, he's waiting to do what he does best-CLOSE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72, ron

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 months 3 weeks ago #317323

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2208
Very strange recruiting style. It's creeping way closer to Jarvis than it should be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, Class of 72

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 months 3 weeks ago #317326

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3007

L J S A wrote: Very strange recruiting style. It's creeping way closer to Jarvis than it should be.

Remember what Mullin said when he was hired..."I know every gym in the City and even the back doors....I played in them"
The problem is Andre plays on Long Island.
The bottom line is if this kid ends up at Hofstra we may have a Jim Jones mass fan suicide here on redmen.com.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 months 3 weeks ago #317328

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 720

redmannorth wrote:

Paultzman wrote: RIVALS’ REACTION

Curbelo has only visited St. John’s thus far, an unofficial visit, as his focus remains elsewhere.

“There (are) a couple of colleges and a bunch that are saying that I could be the guy at their place, but I am not necessarily worrying about that too much right now,” he said. “I am just focusing on school and my grades and basketball, just pushing very hard.”

While he hasn’t thought too much about his recruitment, that could all be changing soon.

“Probably, after the season,” he said. “Then it is AAU, and that is when you start thinking about where you want to go. This will be my last year of that so in July, whatever I have, I will start cutting my list down and then the goal – I have to talk to my coaches – is to see what is best, verbally commit in the fall and sign after.”
basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/202...loping-into-a-leader

Not looking to derail this thread at all, but a little disappointed to read that he has yet to speak directly with Coach Mullin. You would think that with a decision 8-9 months away that the head coach would have spoken with a kid who plays but a few miles from the school and who would be a very good addition to the class of 2020. Anyway, what the hell do I know ?

Mullin said he was going to bang down the doors of the local HS gyms when hired. Like you said, I can’t understand why he hasn’t seen him play, especially since he is so close. Sorry 72 must have been typing when you posted.

Last edit: by richard A Steinfeld.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 months 3 weeks ago #317332

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551
Probably not, but I wonder if it’s in the ADs bailiwick to go over recruiting targets with the Staff and ask questions about status / progress, etc.?

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 months 3 weeks ago #317337

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3007

Chicago Days wrote: Probably not, but I wonder if it’s in the ADs bailiwick to go over recruiting targets with the Staff and ask questions about status / progress, etc.?

No. Not involved with targets but the results are evaluated. If we consistently miss out targets and it results in a projected sub standard product then it becomes the AD's bailiwick.
For reference please see Steve Lavin bio.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 months 3 weeks ago #317342

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2208

Chicago Days wrote: Probably not, but I wonder if it’s in the ADs bailiwick to go over recruiting targets with the Staff and ask questions about status / progress, etc.?

First-ever use of "bailiwick" on the site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marillac, Andrew, Chicago Days

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 months 3 weeks ago #317343

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 1032
I'll admit I had never heard of " bailiwick".

Google tells me it peaked in usage during the early 1800's.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, L J S A, Chicago Days

Last edit: by RedStormNC.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 5 months 3 weeks ago #317348

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1578
Peaked in the early 1800's. Looks like we have a time traveler. :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter