Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Andre Curbelo, PG, Lutheran HS

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 4 days 7 hours ago #314255

• Section9
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 273

Paultzman wrote:

alexander salem wrote:

gman wrote: Every time I hear about the kid I think we haven't had this kind of PG in a long long time. I would love to see a true floor general at SJU.

Cameron Mack is the real deal. I imagine his first year at SJU will greatly impact if Curbelo joins the Red Storm.

Mack can also play off the ball apparently.

If Chris' philosophy is positionless ball and the best 5 play, I don't see any problem with having two point types on the floor together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, kranmars, Andrew, SigEpSJU09

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 4 days 6 hours ago #314260

• gman
  • Thank you received: 367

Paultzman wrote:

alexander salem wrote:

gman wrote: Every time I hear about the kid I think we haven't had this kind of PG in a long long time. I would love to see a true floor general at SJU.

Cameron Mack is the real deal. I imagine his first year at SJU will greatly impact if Curbelo joins the Red Storm.

Mack can also play off the ball apparently.

Can never have too many talented PGs. I imagine the 2 could play together and then Curbelo takes over after Mack graduates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 4 days 6 hours ago #314261

• Marillac
  • Thank you received: 435
I'm not as high on this kid as everyone else seems to be, but I recognize him as a solid college PG.

As for the Mack discussion, Mullin's system would be maximized with two PGs IMO--that is if both of good size and can shoot.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 4 days 6 hours ago #314262

• gman
  • Thank you received: 367

Marillac wrote: I'm not as high on this kid as everyone else seems to be, but I recognize him as a solid college PG.

As for the Mack discussion, Mullin's system would be maximized with two PGs IMO--that is if both of good size and can shoot.

Neither of these kids are very big. Curbelo is only 6' and Mack 6'3".

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 4 days 6 hours ago #314264

• Marillac

gman wrote:

Marillac wrote: I'm not as high on this kid as everyone else seems to be, but I recognize him as a solid college PG.

Neither of these kids are very big. Curbelo is only 6' and Mack 6'3".

Not that it makes a big difference but Curbelo is listed at 6'1 in multiple places and appears to be at least a legit six and probably growing.

I consider 6'3 to be a very big college PG. He should have no problem defending SGs and SFs.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 4 days 5 hours ago #314273

• JohnnyFan
  • JohnnyFan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 974
Having seen Curbelo, I feel like he's closer to 6'0" than 6'1". He will certainly need to get stronger, but the kid has a positive impact for his team every time he steps on the floor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Amaseinyourface

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 4 days 4 hours ago #314275

• Coaster
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 23
Cue Alvarado (at Ga Tech), Akinjo (at G'town) and Gilbert (at Uconn...ugh)

JohnnyFan wrote: Having seen Curbelo, I feel like he's closer to 6'0" than 6'1". He will certainly need to get stronger, but the kid has a positive impact for his team every time he steps on the floor.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 4 days 4 hours ago #314277

• Marillac

JohnnyFan wrote: Having seen Curbelo, I feel like he's closer to 6'0" than 6'1". He will certainly need to get stronger, but the kid has a positive impact for his team every time he steps on the floor.

I wouldn't disagree. 6'0 is a dangerous listing because you've got guys all the way down to 5'9 claiming 6'0. In Curbelo'a case it seems legit. He looks long too which is more inlets than an inch in height. I don't mind little guys at PG at all. The point I didn't makes so clearly to Gman was that two PGs can work in Mullin's system as long as both can shoot and one of them is big enough defend other positions primarily. I believe Mack can do the latter physically. I don't know how he is as a shooter, but Curbelo can certainly shoot.

I'm partial to the old tough NYC PG types built like defensive backs to complement a guy like Mack. Give me a Rakim Felder or Malik Boothe. I realize this is just a matter of preference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 4 days 4 hours ago #314279

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 1322

Marillac wrote: Give me a Rakim Felder or Malik Boothe. I realize this is just a matter of preference.

Felder just committed to Kent State today, so he would have been out there for us if Matt decided to pursue and get creative with scholarships.

Andre Curbelo, LI Lutheran, NY 2 days 2 hours ago #314810

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 7963
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, JohnnyFan

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul

Follow redmen.com on Twitter