Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Precious Achiuwa, SF, New Heights, NYC

Precious Achiuwa, SF, New Heights, NYC 6 months 1 week ago #322078

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1063
Reminds me of the Chris Rock stand up. He makes fun of mothers bragging or demanding applause for doing the bare minimum expected. "I raise my kids!"...and Chris would say "THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO! What do you want, a cookie?!". Glad our staff is finally in full force for recruits, but should've been much more. Let's hope we see results sooner or later. Harder to nitpick staff when they produce.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Precious Achiuwa, SF, New Heights, NYC 6 months 1 week ago #322084

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 734
At this point I’m happy they showed up. I’m not going to nitpick about the clothes they are wearing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Precious Achiuwa, SF, New Heights, NYC 6 months 1 week ago #322088

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2629

richard A Steinfeld wrote: At this point I’m happy they showed up. I’m not going to nitpick about the clothes they are wearing.

Most coaches go to events wearing clothes featuring their school. Its a way to be seen. Logos stick out from a crowd. When you walk into a crowded gym rolling 4 deep (yeah usually we don't) and everyone is wearing logo'ed product its impactful. Again Roy Williams doesn't. He's a HOF coach. Mitch Richmond and Greg St Jean are not known the same way.

Some can call it nitpicking but it is what it is. I've gone to AAU events and HS games for half my life and I know what I see at these events. When our school is winning as much as UNC then go to an event in a burka (sp) for all I care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Precious Achiuwa, SF, New Heights, NYC 6 months 1 week ago #322132

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 2020

Moose wrote:

richard A Steinfeld wrote: At this point I’m happy they showed up. I’m not going to nitpick about the clothes they are wearing.

Most coaches go to events wearing clothes featuring their school. Its a way to be seen. Logos stick out from a crowd. When you walk into a crowded gym rolling 4 deep (yeah usually we don't) and everyone is wearing logo'ed product its impactful. Again Roy Williams doesn't. He's a HOF coach. Mitch Richmond and Greg St Jean are not known the same way.

Some can call it nitpicking but it is what it is. I've gone to AAU events and HS games for half my life and I know what I see at these events. When our school is winning as much as UNC then go to an event in a burka (sp) for all I care.

Unfortunately Moose is correct. Last summer Brookwood Elite held an Elite Camp at which about 30’schools attended including a few of the big boys. Maryland, Illinois, Michigan State , Syracuse, Baylor , Indiana, ... and every head coach or assistant coach was wearing their school jersey.
Joey T comes up every year as well as assistants and they are in SJU gear from head to toe. The kids also love the gear, which is really nice, so I don’t get why the men’s staff doesn’t dress accordingly. And yes they have very nice SJU winter coats and winter hats.
When you strive for perfection all the little things count. Ensuring you stand out and are noticed would just seem to make sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Paultzman, gonzalo, RedStormRising, Class of 72, bamafan, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by redmannorth.

Precious Achiuwa, SF, New Heights, NYC 6 months 1 week ago #322134

• SJU14
  • Thank you received: 271

redmannorth wrote:

Moose wrote:

Unfortunately Moose is correct. Last summer Brookwood Elite held an Elite Camp at which about 30’schools attended including a few of the big boys. Maryland, Illinois, Michigan State , Syracuse, Baylor , Indiana, ... and every head coach or assistant coach was wearing their school jersey.
Joey T comes up every year as well as assistants and they are in SJU gear from head to toe. The kids also love the gear, which is really nice, so I don’t get why the men’s staff doesn’t dress accordingly. And yes they have very nice SJU winter coats and winter hats.
When you strive for perfection all the little things count. Ensuring you stand out and are noticed would just seem to make sense.

I agree it would be nice for the coaches to be wearing SJU gear, but if the player we are recruiting doesn’t recognize the coach there by face, we already lost that battle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stjohnnie75

Precious Achiuwa, SF, New Heights, NYC 6 months 1 week ago #322136

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3618

Knight wrote:

Moose wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Zags
Chris Mullin and the @StJohnsBBall staff is here at the @MetroClassic for @PreciousAchiuwa

Would it kill to wear SJU apparel? Mitch Richmond isn't a household face with these kids.

In the photo, Mitch was online ordering SJU gear.

He was actually reading Mike Zauns posts :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedStormRising

Precious Achiuwa, SF, New Heights, NYC 6 months 1 week ago #322138

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3021

mjmaherjr wrote:

Knight wrote:

Moose wrote:

Chris Mullin and the @StJohnsBBall staff is here at the @MetroClassic for @PreciousAchiuwa

Would it kill to wear SJU apparel? Mitch Richmond isn't a household face with these kids.

They in UnderArmor wear so they get a pass since they are going with the $$$
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Precious Achiuwa, SF, New Heights, NYC 6 months 1 week ago #322168

• Moose

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Knight wrote:

Moose wrote:

They in UnderArmor wear so they get a pass since they are going with the $$$

Ironic since Mullin is leading the charge to go back to Nike

Precious Achiuwa, SF, New Heights, NYC 6 months 1 week ago #322171

• Moose

SJU14 wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

Moose wrote:

I agree it would be nice for the coaches to be wearing SJU gear, but if the player we are recruiting doesn’t recognize the coach there by face, we already lost that battle.

Remember the Canadian kid who went to ASU. Names escapes me. He couldn't name the SJU coach recruiting him in an article

Who was the kid last week who said he never spoke to Mullin yet.

Every bit counts

Precious Achiuwa, SF, New Heights, NYC 6 months 1 week ago #322189

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 2020

Moose wrote:

SJU14 wrote:

redmannorth wrote:

Moose wrote:

Remember the Canadian kid who went to ASU. Names escapes me. He couldn't name the SJU coach recruiting him in an article

Who was the kid last week who said he never spoke to Mullin yet.

Every bit counts

Luguenz Dort and Curbahlo from Lutheran.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter