Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 1 year 3 months ago #258627

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 234

Insert nostalgic story of time when Mullin recruited by Coach K / Duke but he chose to play for Louie in NYC here... : )

While I would love to see this, I just don't see us in position over next year to land kids at this level over Duke or similar.

Regardless of whether Mr. Lewis selects Duke I am convinced that the hard work of Mullin, Matt, St.Jean and Richmond will over time yield results.

Agree completely. And while there are no awards for finishing 2nd in a recruiting battle, people have got to take notice when we're seriously in the mix for a kids like Lewis. And right now we are in the seriously in the mix with a lot of these kids. As you say, with hard word work and a game plan in place, there's no doubt we will send the results over time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 1 year 3 months ago #258631

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 385

Insert nostalgic story of time when Mullin recruited by Coach K / Duke but he chose to play for Louie in NYC here... : )

While I would love to see this, I just don't see us in position over next year to land kids at this level over Duke or similar.

Regardless of whether Mr. Lewis selects Duke I am convinced that the hard work of Mullin, Matt, St.Jean and Richmond will over time yield results.

Agree completely. And while there are no awards for finishing 2nd in a recruiting battle, people have got to take notice when we're seriously in the mix for a kids like Lewis. And right now we are in the seriously in the mix with a lot of these kids. As you say, with hard word work and a game plan in place, there's no doubt we will send the results over time.

Never a bad idea to hone your skills. If not working on this recruit, then it may work next time. You win nothing by mailing it in.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 1 year 3 months ago #258633

• austour
  • Thank you received: 400

Remind poster that Chris Mullin's Sr year in HS was Coach K's first at Duke and he wasn't quite the legend he is now. ;)

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 1 year 3 months ago #258634

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 649

Remind poster that Chris Mullin's Sr year in HS was Coach K's first at Duke and he wasn't quite the legend he is now. ;)

Well you don't tell the recruit that, duh! ;) :)

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 1 year 3 months ago #258707

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6299

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 1 year 3 months ago #258708

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 151

Per Zagoria interview with Lewis;

“Yeah, I grew up in The Bronx and most of my family’s from Gun Hill,” Lewis said. “St. John’s was my first offer and I’ve had a connection with those guys longer than any other program in college right now that’s recruiting me so those guys will always have a spot and they’ll definitely be within my top when I cut my list.”

That's a real nice quote. Can't ask for better at this stage of the game.

Maybe coach should end this by making a deal tell him they shoot 30 shots from behind the arc time limit 45 sec if coach wins he come it not well perhaps he still comes LOL

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 1 year 3 months ago #258727

• stjohnnie75
  • Thank you received: 33
Slater -

Per @teamrionational Director Brian Klatsky, there's an 80% likelihood that 2019 5⭐️s Bryan Antoine & Scottie will attend college together.

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 1 year 3 months ago #258735

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 431
n/m

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 1 year 3 months ago #258850

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 431
In depth interview w/ Lewis... question on Rice, St John's and everything else recruiting

247sports.com/Article/Driven-Checking-In...da-Duke-Ke-105776703

Scottie Lewis, SF, New Jersey 1 year 3 months ago #258854

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 151

In depth interview w/ Lewis... question on Rice, St John's and everything else recruiting

247sports.com/Article/Driven-Checking-In...da-Duke-Ke-105776703

Did not t\ get the feeling from this that he is heading our way

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2