Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Could St. John's be looking at these guys for 2019?

Could St. John's be looking at these guys for 2019? 4 months 3 weeks ago #352358

• Making Plays
  • Making Plays's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 443
1. Juwan Moore - Rend Lake College (JUCO) - 6'3 CG
www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/div2/players/juwanmooreaubj

I noticed TJ started following his JUCO head coach on twitter after a post of him mentioning Moore was still available. Moore is also from Arkansas, so I'm sure staff is familiar with him and have seen him play in person before. He put up some very good numbers at JUCO, although I'm not sure the quality of competition in the classification he was in at JUCO.

2. Kedrian Johnson - Temple College (JUCO) - 6'3 CG
www.tcleopards.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/b...johnson_kedrian_ubk5

Demeo just recently started following him. He averaged nearly 26 PPG in JUCO this year, while shooting 38% from three. He's a redshirt freshman, so he would have 3 years to play, I'm assuming he's a qualifier because he redshirted at D1 school St. Peter's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Room112, Paultzman, mjmaherjr, Moose, Frank61, usguard, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, SJ_NYC, L J S A and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Could St. John's be looking at these guys for 2019? 4 months 3 weeks ago #352379

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3624
Making plays wrote: 1. Juwan Moore - Rend Lake College (JUCO) - 6'3 CG
www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/div2/players/juwanmooreaubj

I noticed TJ started following his JUCO head coach on twitter after a post of him mentioning Moore was still available. Moore is also from Arkansas, so I'm sure staff is familiar with him and have seen him play in person before. He put up some very good numbers at JUCO, although I'm not sure the quality of competition in the classification he was in at JUCO.

2. Kedrian Johnson - Temple College (JUCO) - 6'3 CG
www.tcleopards.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/b...johnson_kedrian_ubk5

Demeo just recently started following him. He averaged nearly 26 PPG in JUCO this year, while shooting 38% from three. He's a redshirt freshman, so he would have 3 years to play, I'm assuming he's a qualifier because he redshirted at D1 school St. Peter's.

Love the 4.3 assists per game and 78% from the line for Johnson along with the previously mentioned 38% from three.

Could St. John's be looking at these guys for 2019? 4 months 3 weeks ago #352391

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2413
www.tdtnews.com/sports/article_e7455dae-...f7-5fc431c96d6c.html

Two things stand out. As of February, he: 1) admitted it was “very uncomfortable” living far away from home, and 2) aspires to play at Texas Tech.

Could St. John's be looking at these guys for 2019? 4 months 3 weeks ago #352396

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 3032

L J S A wrote: www.tdtnews.com/sports/article_e7455dae-...f7-5fc431c96d6c.html

Two things stand out. As of February, he: 1) admitted it was “very uncomfortable” living far away from home, and 2) aspires to play at Texas Tech.

The new 'it' school

Could St. John's be looking at these guys for 2019? 4 months 3 weeks ago #352832

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 14982
TJ following Tyron McMillan PF who appears to be 2019 per twitter account

It appears McMillan was originally a 2018 class player, but who knows what happened. Little info out there on him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Could St. John's be looking at these guys for 2019? 4 months 3 weeks ago #352834

• Amaseinyourface
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 930
Wouldn’t be a guy who helps at center unless he’s grown since here, but looks to have a ton of potential. This is from ‘17.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, bamafan, JohnnyFan

Could St. John's be looking at these guys for 2019? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353043

• Making Plays
  • Making Plays's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 443
Both TJ and Demeo started following Sita Conteh today. That's kinda odd considering he already signed with UTRGV last month.

I know TJ was recruiting Conteh back at Arkansas, he didn't have an offer, but there were reports of them evaluating him. I wonder if the follow could mean Conteh may not be headed to UTRGV, would be really odd for 2 coaches of another school to all of a sudden start following him without it meaning anything.

wsctetons.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1096

Edit: Looks like Conteh just started following Demeo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJ_NYC

Last edit: by Making Plays.

Could St. John's be looking at these guys for 2019? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353044

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 251
Thank you for the info

Could St. John's be looking at these guys for 2019? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353053

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 14982
Conteh was honorable mention on this list. Frankly, underwhelmed with this one, but a roster filler staff must value. Originally was a Gompers HS in Bronx kid. Not sure what happened to his previous commitment.

www.jucorecruiting.com/2019-juco-basketball-top-100-rankings

Could St. John's be looking at these guys for 2019? 4 months 2 weeks ago #353056

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 1628

Paultzman wrote: Conteh was honorable mention on this list. Frankly, underwhelmed with this one, but a roster filler staff must value. Originally was a Gompers HS in Bronx kid. Not sure what happened to his previous commitment.

www.jucorecruiting.com/2019-juco-basketball-top-100-rankings

I have zero problem with a juco. We need a full roster next year and they will be seniors the year after, tying up little scholarship room. Can only help us.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight