Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 3 months 1 week ago #351783

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 1608

SJUFAN2 wrote:

AlBovino wrote: I am a fan of the St. john's basketball program. I support whomever is the head coach.

Me too.

AlBovino wrote: Personal attacks on Coach Mullin were disgusting and unwarranted.

So we are all on the same page, and because your definition of "[personal attacks" may differ from the rest of the board, which "personal attacks" are you referring too?

The personal attacks never existed. Only one person I recalled went personal when he said Mullin's face looked like a "cheese grater." The "personal attack" argument was a red herring because all of the other excuses for Mullin's shortcomings had ran its course. Claiming people was attacking Mullin personally was a way to shame the more vocal posters who knew Mullin was loafing and viewed Mullin in a different light than the one's who felt he couldn't do any wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, L J S A, JohnnyFan, Mike Zaun, ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MJDinkins.

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 3 months 1 week ago #351814

• OhioFan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 274
OMG, can we please stop the Mullin discussions, one way or the other...….
Ubi Caritas, Where charity and love are, God is there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otis, IDRAFT, Chicago Days

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 3 months 1 week ago #351815

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 1636

OhioFan wrote: OMG, can we please stop the Mullin discussions, one way or the other...….

we're still talkin bout Norm, Jarvis, and Lavin. Mullin has only been gone for 2 months are you kidding me! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, Chicago Days

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 3 months 1 week ago #351817

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551

bamafan wrote:

OhioFan wrote: OMG, can we please stop the Mullin discussions, one way or the other...….

we're still talkin bout Norm, Jarvis, and Lavin. Mullin has only been gone for 2 months are you kidding me! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

OMG Bama, you’ve made my day! Hysterical!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 3 months 1 week ago #351818

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2748

You can’t just stop talking about Chris Mullin. He was the coach for last 4 years. To boot he’s the most famous player in school history. He will forever be a topic of both good and bad times. The sooner everyone just accepts that the better
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, L J S A, Mike Zaun

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 3 months 1 week ago #351820

• Chicago Days
Heh?!?
As a convert to keeping threads on topic, lemme say that the Van Zyl ‘option’ is looking dire, at present, for many reasons including pursuit by Vandy and Cincy.
PG talk, as an alternative topic, anybody?

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 3 months 1 week ago #351822

• Chicago Days
Let’s create an ‘All Coaches Since Louie’ thread and lay it totally open...
Lol.

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 3 months 1 week ago #351830

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1449

Moose wrote:

You can’t just stop talking about Chris Mullin. He was the coach for last 4 years. To boot he’s the most famous player in school history. He will forever be a topic of both good and bad times. The sooner everyone just accepts that the better

I still think it was better that Mullin moved or got moved along at the time he did before things got bad. Can’t ask for better timing coming off an ncaa tourney appearance, as imo it was going to get worse. At last this way some can still hang on to the idea that if he was extended somehow he could theoretically turned the direction of the ship around and been made to hire assistants etc. it wasn’t going to happen, but Mullin left the program in as good of a position for himself as possible considering.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUFAN2

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 3 months 1 week ago #351831

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 233

Chicago Days wrote: Heh?!?
As a convert to keeping threads on topic, lemme say that the Van Zyl ‘option’ is looking dire, at present, for many reasons including pursuit by Vandy and Cincy.

It’s a sad day indeed when pursuit by Vandy and Cincy makes a prospect “dire.” Serious question: how can we ever hope to be successful if we can’t recruit against the likes of schools at that level?
The following user(s) said Thank You: simplyred

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 3 months 1 week ago #351832

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13983

Boo Harvey wrote:

Chicago Days wrote: Heh?!?

It’s a sad day indeed when pursuit by Vandy and Cincy makes a prospect “dire.” Serious question: how can we ever hope to be successful if we can’t recruit against the likes of schools at that level?

Judge that with 2020 class. If they bomb out with no quality kids in that pursuit, you will have company. Too soon to assess in the few months of new regime imo. Just me, but I think they do very well with 2020 recruitment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Andrew, NCJohnnie, Mike Zaun

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight