Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 1 week 5 days ago #351451

• SJUFAN2
  • Thank you received: 355

AlBovino wrote: I am a fan of the St. john's basketball program. I support whomever is the head coach.

Me too.

AlBovino wrote: Personal attacks on Coach Mullin were disgusting and unwarranted.

So we are all on the same page, and because your definition of "[personal attacks" may differ from the rest of the board, which "personal attacks" are you referring too?

AlBovino wrote: Too many of the posters on this site are little babies who want immediate gratification.

Amen to that. But that's not just true on this site. Sadly, that is the world in which we live today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Zaun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 1 week 5 days ago #351452

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 334
Was Austin and John McGriff on Huntinging Prep's campus at the same time?

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 1 week 5 days ago #351454

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2978

AlBovino wrote: I am a fan of the St. john's basketball program. I support whomever is the head coach. Personal attacks on Coach Mullin were disgusting and unwarranted. Too many of the posters on this site are little babies who want immediate gratification. Also, I don't need any of your back handed platitudes as to who I support or worship. Go to hell!!!

Too much sun hitting your old cabeza down in Sarasota Al!
No one here would ever give you platitudes. You must have been reading Johnny Jungle.
The last two coaches that provided immediate gratification were Mike Jarvis and Steve Lavin. After the immediate gratification most people became "flaccid" in their support. A personal attack would be calling Mullin stupid, lazy, a cry baby, and telling him to go to hell. Those are YOUR contributions to this forum. I guess personal attacks directed at fellow fans is ok. Mullin's and Mitch's bi-coastal approach to their jobs was fair game from day one. Their lack of personal involvement with recruiting is now legend. Your patience with 4 years of the worst coaching in St. John's basketball history was not immediate gratification but prolonged torture.
Yall come back soon.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, JackofVirginia, L J S A, Mike Zaun

Last edit: by Class of 72.

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 1 week 5 days ago #351459

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 12781
Another thread in jeopardy of being closed perhaps, becoming a tradition here. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 1 week 5 days ago #351461

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2182

Paultzman wrote: Another thread in jeopardy of being closed perhaps, becoming a tradition here. :)

Let's get it back on track then: I heard he's visiting on the 20th.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Paultzman, SJU85

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 1 week 5 days ago #351462

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2374

L J S A wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Another thread in jeopardy of being closed perhaps, becoming a tradition here. :)

Let's get it back on track then: I heard he's visiting on the 20th.

Lying isn’t a way to get a thread on track

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 1 week 5 days ago #351465

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2546

Paultzman wrote:

Chicago Days wrote: Me...I'm burning incense, hoping beyond hope we win the Van Zyl 'lottery', which probably has similar odds to winning 'Powerball'. Lol.
Seems like the entire state of Indiana 'follows' the guy.
Oh well.

SJ in the game, not sure anyone has offered him yet. Maybe DeMeo will be the”closer” you often reference. :)

That's Windy City's spin, Paultz. Wouldn't want to tread on Windy's 'space'. Lol.
This is surely a long shot but yeah its fab that we're in it, which is amazing.
'Interesting thing' is we can offer the guy 'starting minutes' and a 'big stage'.
Indiana all over the kid, but here's hoping that fits his agenda.

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 1 week 5 days ago #351467

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2546

Making Plays wrote: Was Austin and John McGriff on Huntinging Prep's campus at the same time?

Great 'catch', MP!
I 'think' that's the case.
Looks like Van Zyl over-lapped with Johnathan McGriff in the 2016-17 season, when Johnathan was a sophomore. Austin came from York Prep in SC.
Van Zyl was 'discovered' by AS Monaco while playing for South Africa the summer of 2017 i think and has played in France the past 2 seasons.

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 1 week 1 day ago #351776

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 12781
Vanderbilt has contacted South African guard, Austin Van Zyl, who plays in France. He had also heard from Cincinnati, Indiana, & UCLA. There is a possibility that he could also turn pro.
Per David Zisk

Austin Van Zyl, PG, Canada 1 week 1 day ago #351777

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3456

AlBovino wrote: I am a fan of the St. john's basketball program. I support whomever is the head coach. Personal attacks on Coach Mullin were disgusting and unwarranted. Too many of the posters on this site are little babies who want immediate gratification. Also, I don't need any of your back handed platitudes as to who I support or worship. Go to hell!!!

He's an atheist. The closest thing to him believing in Hell would be sitting inside a non airconditioned Carnesseca Arena during a game :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A, JohnnyFan

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter