Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Julian Champagnie, 2019 SJU Commit.

Julian and Justin Champagnie 3 months 2 weeks ago #351063

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 3036

redken wrote:

Moose wrote:

Red Bloods wrote: Wonder when the last time we got a kid from Bishop Loughlin. Can’t be Mark Jackson can it?

Oh wait, I think Reggie Jessie went there as well. Too bad he had the pleasure of being coached by that Fraud Jarvis and his son. Tough break Reg.

Did Reggie ever have a pro career?

As I remember it, Reggie was a great passer who fit in perfectly with Artest & Co., but whose game went into the toilet his senior year. No longer surrounded by the quality teammates he once had been, he looked lost and lethargic. So much so that I was angered by what I perceived to be an "I don't give a damn" attitude. Perhaps I'm way off, but that's how I remember feeling.

No you're right on the money. He was slow and was never an offensive threat.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Champagnie twins 3 months 2 weeks ago #351104

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 13992
SJU press release

Just over a month after becoming the 21st head coach in the history of the St. John’s men’s basketball program, Mike Anderson has received his first commitment from a New York City prep star. Julian Champagnie, a 6-foot-7 wing out of Brooklyn’s Bishop Loughlin High School, has signed on to play his college basketball at St. John’s beginning in the 2019-20 season.

“Julian is the perfect player for the type of basketball we’re looking to play at St. John’s,” said Anderson. “He’s a great athlete whose versatility and high basketball IQ will serve us well on both sides of the ball for years to come. I’m very excited to welcome Julian to the St. John’s Basketball family.”

A three-star recruit according to Rivals, Champagnie comes to Queens following a stellar high school career at Bishop Loughlin, the alma mater of numerous St. John’s greats, most notably Mark Jackson. As a senior, Champagnie was named to the All-CHSAA “AA” First Team after averaging 17.2 points per game and 13 efforts of 20-plus points, helping the Lions post a 23-4 record. The year prior, he poured in 15.0 points and grabbed 8.3 rebounds per contest en route to Third Team All-CHSAA “AA” honors.

Champagnie is no stranger to St. John’s, as his father, Ranford, was a standout on for the Red Storm men’s soccer team in the mid-1990s. He scored four goals and dished out eight assists during the memorable campaign of 1996, a season that saw St. John’s win its first ever NCAA Championship.

Champagnie, whose twin brother Justin is committed to suit up for Pittsburgh next season, plays with New Heights on the AAU circuit.

Champagnie becomes the third new player to commit to St. John’s during the Anderson Era, joining John McGriff, a tough-nosed point guard out of Maryland, and Damien Sears, a bruising forward from Louisiana.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Julian and Justin Champagnie 3 months 2 weeks ago #351186

• austour
  • Thank you received: 804

redken wrote:

Moose wrote:

Red Bloods wrote: Wonder when the last time we got a kid from Bishop Loughlin. Can’t be Mark Jackson can it?

Oh wait, I think Reggie Jessie went there as well. Too bad he had the pleasure of being coached by that Fraud Jarvis and his son. Tough break Reg.

Did Reggie ever have a pro career?

As I remember it, Reggie was a great passer but so-so shooter who fit in perfectly with Artest & Co., but whose game went into the toilet his senior year. No longer surrounded by the quality teammates he once had been, he looked lost and lethargic. So much so that I was angered by what I perceived to be an "I don't give a damn" attitude. Perhaps I'm way off, but that's how I remember feeling.

Reggie,who graduated in 2001, last played pro for the Albany Patroons in 2007 so he had about 6 years as a pro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red Bloods

Champagnie twins 3 months 2 weeks ago #351363

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 13992
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Logen, Patrick C ripdumaine, Chicago Days, Tommy O 54

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight