Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 10 months 4 weeks ago #299113

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4651
  • Thank you received: 2551

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

SJU85 wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote: On the one hand, based on the limited information available there appears to be a ton of baggage here. That said, while we assume the worst with HS recruits based on recent track record, I think the staff has earned the benefit of the doubt on the positive side with transfer candidates with all the recent home runs.


Lol, how does almost zero info equal a “ton of baggage”? That’s like talking to a mute and assuming he’s an a-hole because he had nothing to say!


Well, from I'm reading online:

1. He was home schooled
2. Left at some point during his freshman year at Stephen F. Austin
3. Reading multiple posts from folks saying he "had a lot of growing up to do" etc.
4. At some point committed to Hutchinson Community College, another JUCO (Bash went there) and again left without playing a game
5. Now he's at another Community College, Salt Lake CC

Would you be more comfortable if I said he has "some baggage"?


1. Tim Tebow and Blake Griffin were home schooled. Even without naming those two, not sure why that equates to baggage.

2. Jamal Branch left during his freshman year after five or six games and transferred here. Was there baggage? I know others both scholarship athletes and non athletes who left their initial schools during their freshman year. Sometimes because they screwed up, other times because they weren't happy. Heck I know of one scholarship athlete who simply decided not to show up and another one I know personally who left after three days.

3. A lot of freshman still have some growing up to do, heck based on their posts, there are a few posters on this Board I could say the same thing about. It could explain why he left when he did, does not necessarily mean he has a bad attitude or causes problem. D'Angelo Harrison had some anger management problems, so might say he had some growing up to do. How many on this Board would signup for another D'Lo drecurit type right now (note not saying he is just using it as an example)?

4. .L.J Figueroa played for three high schools, enrolled in the 2nd semester at New Mexico State and then transferred the next fall to a Juco. Any concerns about baggage here?

5. Wasn't happy at previous stop again doesn't mean baggage.

Could he have baggage, I have no idea but nothing you laid out means he does.


You make some fair points. I retract my original post and acknowledge it was an assumption based on fairly limited and unsubstantiated information.


I don't know, but the kid has changed 'colleges' 3x, after being touted at all 3.
So, there's reason to brace on this guy and think there may be 'some' baggage.
But, as said, this is a Figgy link, and Matt is a transfer guru, so yes that's reassuring to an extent.
Still...
(And, does he have 3 years of eligibility left, or less?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 10 months 4 weeks ago #299128

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 23647
  • Thank you received: 14015

Chicago Days wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

SJU85 wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote: On the one hand, based on the limited information available there appears to be a ton of baggage here. That said, while we assume the worst with HS recruits based on recent track record, I think the staff has earned the benefit of the doubt on the positive side with transfer candidates with all the recent home runs.


Lol, how does almost zero info equal a “ton of baggage”? That’s like talking to a mute and assuming he’s an a-hole because he had nothing to say!


Well, from I'm reading online:

1. He was home schooled
2. Left at some point during his freshman year at Stephen F. Austin
3. Reading multiple posts from folks saying he "had a lot of growing up to do" etc.
4. At some point committed to Hutchinson Community College, another JUCO (Bash went there) and again left without playing a game
5. Now he's at another Community College, Salt Lake CC

Would you be more comfortable if I said he has "some baggage"?


1. Tim Tebow and Blake Griffin were home schooled. Even without naming those two, not sure why that equates to baggage.

2. Jamal Branch left during his freshman year after five or six games and transferred here. Was there baggage? I know others both scholarship athletes and non athletes who left their initial schools during their freshman year. Sometimes because they screwed up, other times because they weren't happy. Heck I know of one scholarship athlete who simply decided not to show up and another one I know personally who left after three days.

3. A lot of freshman still have some growing up to do, heck based on their posts, there are a few posters on this Board I could say the same thing about. It could explain why he left when he did, does not necessarily mean he has a bad attitude or causes problem. D'Angelo Harrison had some anger management problems, so might say he had some growing up to do. How many on this Board would signup for another D'Lo drecurit type right now (note not saying he is just using it as an example)?

4. .L.J Figueroa played for three high schools, enrolled in the 2nd semester at New Mexico State and then transferred the next fall to a Juco. Any concerns about baggage here?

5. Wasn't happy at previous stop again doesn't mean baggage.

Could he have baggage, I have no idea but nothing you laid out means he does.


You make some fair points. I retract my original post and acknowledge it was an assumption based on fairly limited and unsubstantiated information.


I don't know, but the kid has changed 'colleges' 3x, after being touted at all 3.
So, there's reason to brace on this guy and think there may be 'some' baggage.
But, as said, this is a Figgy link, and Matt is a transfer guru, so yes that's reassuring to an extent.
Still...
(And, does he have 3 years of eligibility left, or less?)

3 & Matt is full steam ahead on him it appears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 10 months 4 weeks ago #299129

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4651
  • Thank you received: 2551

Paultzman wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

SJU85 wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote: On the one hand, based on the limited information available there appears to be a ton of baggage here. That said, while we assume the worst with HS recruits based on recent track record, I think the staff has earned the benefit of the doubt on the positive side with transfer candidates with all the recent home runs.


Lol, how does almost zero info equal a “ton of baggage”? That’s like talking to a mute and assuming he’s an a-hole because he had nothing to say!


Well, from I'm reading online:

1. He was home schooled
2. Left at some point during his freshman year at Stephen F. Austin
3. Reading multiple posts from folks saying he "had a lot of growing up to do" etc.
4. At some point committed to Hutchinson Community College, another JUCO (Bash went there) and again left without playing a game
5. Now he's at another Community College, Salt Lake CC

Would you be more comfortable if I said he has "some baggage"?


1. Tim Tebow and Blake Griffin were home schooled. Even without naming those two, not sure why that equates to baggage.

2. Jamal Branch left during his freshman year after five or six games and transferred here. Was there baggage? I know others both scholarship athletes and non athletes who left their initial schools during their freshman year. Sometimes because they screwed up, other times because they weren't happy. Heck I know of one scholarship athlete who simply decided not to show up and another one I know personally who left after three days.

3. A lot of freshman still have some growing up to do, heck based on their posts, there are a few posters on this Board I could say the same thing about. It could explain why he left when he did, does not necessarily mean he has a bad attitude or causes problem. D'Angelo Harrison had some anger management problems, so might say he had some growing up to do. How many on this Board would signup for another D'Lo drecurit type right now (note not saying he is just using it as an example)?

4. .L.J Figueroa played for three high schools, enrolled in the 2nd semester at New Mexico State and then transferred the next fall to a Juco. Any concerns about baggage here?

5. Wasn't happy at previous stop again doesn't mean baggage.

Could he have baggage, I have no idea but nothing you laid out means he does.


You make some fair points. I retract my original post and acknowledge it was an assumption based on fairly limited and unsubstantiated information.


I don't know, but the kid has changed 'colleges' 3x, after being touted at all 3.
So, there's reason to brace on this guy and think there may be 'some' baggage.
But, as said, this is a Figgy link, and Matt is a transfer guru, so yes that's reassuring to an extent.
Still...
(And, does he have 3 years of eligibility left, or less?)

3 & Matt is full steam ahead on him it appears.


Thanks much Paultz.
I've read tweets raving about the kid's talent and seen clips of him slashing and dishing, and he has a good outside shot, he rarely takes.
Quick / athletic guard.
Odd to me, that with all the raves, he's just 3*.
Could be a 'diamond we discovered.
Let's hope.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 10 months 4 weeks ago #299131

  • MCNPA
  • MCNPA's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4423
  • Thank you received: 1454

Chicago Days wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

SJU85 wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote: On the one hand, based on the limited information available there appears to be a ton of baggage here. That said, while we assume the worst with HS recruits based on recent track record, I think the staff has earned the benefit of the doubt on the positive side with transfer candidates with all the recent home runs.


Lol, how does almost zero info equal a “ton of baggage”? That’s like talking to a mute and assuming he’s an a-hole because he had nothing to say!


Well, from I'm reading online:

1. He was home schooled
2. Left at some point during his freshman year at Stephen F. Austin
3. Reading multiple posts from folks saying he "had a lot of growing up to do" etc.
4. At some point committed to Hutchinson Community College, another JUCO (Bash went there) and again left without playing a game
5. Now he's at another Community College, Salt Lake CC

Would you be more comfortable if I said he has "some baggage"?


1. Tim Tebow and Blake Griffin were home schooled. Even without naming those two, not sure why that equates to baggage.

2. Jamal Branch left during his freshman year after five or six games and transferred here. Was there baggage? I know others both scholarship athletes and non athletes who left their initial schools during their freshman year. Sometimes because they screwed up, other times because they weren't happy. Heck I know of one scholarship athlete who simply decided not to show up and another one I know personally who left after three days.

3. A lot of freshman still have some growing up to do, heck based on their posts, there are a few posters on this Board I could say the same thing about. It could explain why he left when he did, does not necessarily mean he has a bad attitude or causes problem. D'Angelo Harrison had some anger management problems, so might say he had some growing up to do. How many on this Board would signup for another D'Lo drecurit type right now (note not saying he is just using it as an example)?

4. .L.J Figueroa played for three high schools, enrolled in the 2nd semester at New Mexico State and then transferred the next fall to a Juco. Any concerns about baggage here?

5. Wasn't happy at previous stop again doesn't mean baggage.

Could he have baggage, I have no idea but nothing you laid out means he does.


You make some fair points. I retract my original post and acknowledge it was an assumption based on fairly limited and unsubstantiated information.


I don't know, but the kid has changed 'colleges' 3x, after being touted at all 3.
So, there's reason to brace on this guy and think there may be 'some' baggage.
But, as said, this is a Figgy link, and Matt is a transfer guru, so yes that's reassuring to an extent.
Still...
(And, does he have 3 years of eligibility left, or less?)

3 & Matt is full steam ahead on him it appears.


Thanks much Paultz.
I've read tweets raving about the kid's talent and seen clips of him slashing and dishing, and he has a good outside shot, he rarely takes.
Quick / athletic guard.
Odd to me, that with all the raves, he's just 3*.
Could be a 'diamond we discovered.
Let's hope.


I think hype is just picking up because he’s playing well in JUCO and was not a kid that played HS ball, nor did he play before leaving SFA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 10 months 4 weeks ago #299136

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 23647
  • Thank you received: 14015

MCNPA wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

SJU85 wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote: On the one hand, based on the limited information available there appears to be a ton of baggage here. That said, while we assume the worst with HS recruits based on recent track record, I think the staff has earned the benefit of the doubt on the positive side with transfer candidates with all the recent home runs.


Lol, how does almost zero info equal a “ton of baggage”? That’s like talking to a mute and assuming he’s an a-hole because he had nothing to say!


Well, from I'm reading online:

1. He was home schooled
2. Left at some point during his freshman year at Stephen F. Austin
3. Reading multiple posts from folks saying he "had a lot of growing up to do" etc.
4. At some point committed to Hutchinson Community College, another JUCO (Bash went there) and again left without playing a game
5. Now he's at another Community College, Salt Lake CC

Would you be more comfortable if I said he has "some baggage"?


1. Tim Tebow and Blake Griffin were home schooled. Even without naming those two, not sure why that equates to baggage.

2. Jamal Branch left during his freshman year after five or six games and transferred here. Was there baggage? I know others both scholarship athletes and non athletes who left their initial schools during their freshman year. Sometimes because they screwed up, other times because they weren't happy. Heck I know of one scholarship athlete who simply decided not to show up and another one I know personally who left after three days.

3. A lot of freshman still have some growing up to do, heck based on their posts, there are a few posters on this Board I could say the same thing about. It could explain why he left when he did, does not necessarily mean he has a bad attitude or causes problem. D'Angelo Harrison had some anger management problems, so might say he had some growing up to do. How many on this Board would signup for another D'Lo drecurit type right now (note not saying he is just using it as an example)?

4. .L.J Figueroa played for three high schools, enrolled in the 2nd semester at New Mexico State and then transferred the next fall to a Juco. Any concerns about baggage here?

5. Wasn't happy at previous stop again doesn't mean baggage.

Could he have baggage, I have no idea but nothing you laid out means he does.


You make some fair points. I retract my original post and acknowledge it was an assumption based on fairly limited and unsubstantiated information.


I don't know, but the kid has changed 'colleges' 3x, after being touted at all 3.
So, there's reason to brace on this guy and think there may be 'some' baggage.
But, as said, this is a Figgy link, and Matt is a transfer guru, so yes that's reassuring to an extent.
Still...
(And, does he have 3 years of eligibility left, or less?)

3 & Matt is full steam ahead on him it appears.


Thanks much Paultz.
I've read tweets raving about the kid's talent and seen clips of him slashing and dishing, and he has a good outside shot, he rarely takes.
Quick / athletic guard.
Odd to me, that with all the raves, he's just 3*.
Could be a 'diamond we discovered.
Let's hope.


I think hype is just picking up because he’s playing well in JUCO and was not a kid that played HS ball, nor did he play before leaving SFA.

Has he played a JUCO game yet?
HS stats; sfajacks.com/news/2016/11/15/_Jacks_Add_...ecruiting_Class.aspx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 10 months 4 weeks ago #299139

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4651
  • Thank you received: 2551

MCNPA wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

SJU85 wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote:

MCNPA wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote: On the one hand, based on the limited information available there appears to be a ton of baggage here. That said, while we assume the worst with HS recruits based on recent track record, I think the staff has earned the benefit of the doubt on the positive side with transfer candidates with all the recent home runs.


Lol, how does almost zero info equal a “ton of baggage”? That’s like talking to a mute and assuming he’s an a-hole because he had nothing to say!


Well, from I'm reading online:

1. He was home schooled
2. Left at some point during his freshman year at Stephen F. Austin
3. Reading multiple posts from folks saying he "had a lot of growing up to do" etc.
4. At some point committed to Hutchinson Community College, another JUCO (Bash went there) and again left without playing a game
5. Now he's at another Community College, Salt Lake CC

Would you be more comfortable if I said he has "some baggage"?


1. Tim Tebow and Blake Griffin were home schooled. Even without naming those two, not sure why that equates to baggage.

2. Jamal Branch left during his freshman year after five or six games and transferred here. Was there baggage? I know others both scholarship athletes and non athletes who left their initial schools during their freshman year. Sometimes because they screwed up, other times because they weren't happy. Heck I know of one scholarship athlete who simply decided not to show up and another one I know personally who left after three days.

3. A lot of freshman still have some growing up to do, heck based on their posts, there are a few posters on this Board I could say the same thing about. It could explain why he left when he did, does not necessarily mean he has a bad attitude or causes problem. D'Angelo Harrison had some anger management problems, so might say he had some growing up to do. How many on this Board would signup for another D'Lo drecurit type right now (note not saying he is just using it as an example)?

4. .L.J Figueroa played for three high schools, enrolled in the 2nd semester at New Mexico State and then transferred the next fall to a Juco. Any concerns about baggage here?

5. Wasn't happy at previous stop again doesn't mean baggage.

Could he have baggage, I have no idea but nothing you laid out means he does.


You make some fair points. I retract my original post and acknowledge it was an assumption based on fairly limited and unsubstantiated information.


I don't know, but the kid has changed 'colleges' 3x, after being touted at all 3.
So, there's reason to brace on this guy and think there may be 'some' baggage.
But, as said, this is a Figgy link, and Matt is a transfer guru, so yes that's reassuring to an extent.
Still...
(And, does he have 3 years of eligibility left, or less?)

3 & Matt is full steam ahead on him it appears.


Thanks much Paultz.
I've read tweets raving about the kid's talent and seen clips of him slashing and dishing, and he has a good outside shot, he rarely takes.
Quick / athletic guard.
Odd to me, that with all the raves, he's just 3*.
Could be a 'diamond we discovered.
Let's hope.


I think hype is just picking up because he’s playing well in JUCO and was not a kid that played HS ball, nor did he play before leaving SFA.


So, he's playing now in JUCO and this year 'counts'? His cameo at SFA didn't 'count' as eligibility time, I guess.
Funny, just read a blurb where he was the 4th rated guard out of TX his senior year, and that, get this, he "spurned offers from Rhode Island and Boise State."
Meaning, he dissed Danny Hurley to go to SFA.
Ain't that ironic?!?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 10 months 4 weeks ago #299141

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 23647
  • Thank you received: 14015
Mack’s cameo at SFA apparently does not count & yes he is playing at Salt Lake City CC this season. Staff has seen him work out & appear to really like him. We’ll see, but I would be surprised if they don’t land him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gman, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Chicago Days, Dan V

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 10 months 4 weeks ago #299145

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4651
  • Thank you received: 2551

Paultzman wrote: Mack’s cameo at SFA apparently does not count & yes he is playing at Salt Lake City CC this season. Staff has seen him work out & appear to really like him. We’ll see, but I would be surprised if they don’t land him.


Great news.
I certainly trust Matt's 'eye' for transfer talent.
Thanks again, Paultz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 10 months 4 weeks ago #299162

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 7854
  • Thank you received: 3036

Paultzman wrote: Mack’s cameo at SFA apparently does not count & yes he is playing at Salt Lake City CC this season. Staff has seen him work out & appear to really like him. We’ll see, but I would be surprised if they don’t land him.


Does anyone know why his hometown school, Texas A&M, did not offer him?
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 10 months 4 weeks ago #299164

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 23647
  • Thank you received: 14015

Class of 72 wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Mack’s cameo at SFA apparently does not count & yes he is playing at Salt Lake City CC this season. Staff has seen him work out & appear to really like him. We’ll see, but I would be surprised if they don’t land him.


Does anyone know why his hometown school, Texas A&M, did not offer him?

Get your point & we should realize the only true competition for him is Washington State. We’ll see how his season goes to get a better sense of his upside. I guess we should respect Matt’s judgment on this, but to be fair there is not much to go on. Like you, I am more concerned with getting an interior player or two.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight