Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 7 months 1 week ago #301734

• Marillac
  • Thank you received: 1198

Paultzman wrote: I sense they get a Mack commitment. If Steere visits, once he announces he is transferring, his verbal could be very possible. It would then be logical to assume they wait until Spring to assess roster re kids leaving, big men void., etc.

Perhaps Roberts impresses at practices and in modest minutes this season to be considered a viable interior choice in 19-20. They knew he was raw and needed time to develop when they recruited him.

I'm a big fan of Roberts. Raw as can be but he's got serious promise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Dan V

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 7 months 6 days ago #301770

• MCNPA
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1242

Paultzman wrote: I sense they get a Mack commitment. If Steere visits, once he announces he is transferring, his verbal could be very possible. It would then be logical to assume they wait until Spring to assess roster re kids leaving, big men void., etc.

Perhaps Roberts impresses at practices and in modest minutes this season to be considered a viable interior choice in 19-20. They knew he was raw and needed time to develop when they recruited him.

FWIW, Mack and Steere would be a very nice start. One big and replacing a Dynamic Pg spot. We will have several more ships, but with those spots accounted for, we’d be solid entering the spring with a big already on board and Keita back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, richard A Steinfeld

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 7 months 6 days ago #301775

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 12781

MCNPA wrote:

FWIW, Mack and Steere would be a very nice start. One big and replacing a Dynamic Pg spot. We will have several more ships, but with those spots accounted for, we’d be solid entering the spring with a big already on board and Keita back.

Then have a winning season & give Precious your best shot. Not out of reach then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, redmannorth, Frank61, Amaseinyourface

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 7 months 6 days ago #301792

• redmanwest
  • Thank you received: 354
Sorry if I missed this, but if Steere leaves NCS and commits somewhere in the next month or so, when is he eligible? Second semester next year?

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 7 months 6 days ago #301793

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 458

redmanwest wrote: Sorry if I missed this, but if Steere leaves NCS and commits somewhere in the next month or so, when is he eligible? Second semester next year?

Yes, second semester next year as long as he enrolls as a full time student second semester of this year like Jamal Branch did when he transferred here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 7 months 6 days ago #301802

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 1745

SJU85 wrote:

redmanwest wrote: Sorry if I missed this, but if Steere leaves NCS and commits somewhere in the next month or so, when is he eligible? Second semester next year?

Yes, second semester next year as long as he enrolls as a full time student second semester of this year like Jamal Branch did when he transferred here.

Unlike Branch he will probably have to pay his own way for a semester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Frank61

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 7 months 6 days ago #301803

• Paultzman

fordham96 wrote:

SJU85 wrote:

Unlike Branch he will probably have to pay his own way for a semester.

Correct as I understand

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 7 months 6 days ago #301805

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 2370
I'm sure its happened before (a player transferring after playing just 1 game). But I can't help but wonder if they will try to get him eligible to start next year.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 7 months 6 days ago #301807

• Tommy O 54
  • Thank you received: 192

Moose wrote: I'm sure its happened before (a player transferring after playing just 1 game). But I can't help but wonder if they will try to get him eligible to start next year.

That would make total sense if we were a power 5 team but we are St. Johns! we get no breaks.......

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 7 months 6 days ago #301808

• Paultzman

Moose wrote: I'm sure its happened before (a player transferring after playing just 1 game). But I can't help but wonder if they will try to get him eligible to start next year.

Agree

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter