Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC (SJU Commit)

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301734

  • Marillac
  • Marillac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4757
  • Thank you received: 474

Paultzman wrote: I sense they get a Mack commitment. If Steere visits, once he announces he is transferring, his verbal could be very possible. It would then be logical to assume they wait until Spring to assess roster re kids leaving, big men void., etc.

Perhaps Roberts impresses at practices and in modest minutes this season to be considered a viable interior choice in 19-20. They knew he was raw and needed time to develop when they recruited him.


I'm a big fan of Roberts. Raw as can be but he's got serious promise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Dan V

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301770

  • MCNPA
  • MCNPA's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3782
  • Thank you received: 570

Paultzman wrote: I sense they get a Mack commitment. If Steere visits, once he announces he is transferring, his verbal could be very possible. It would then be logical to assume they wait until Spring to assess roster re kids leaving, big men void., etc.

Perhaps Roberts impresses at practices and in modest minutes this season to be considered a viable interior choice in 19-20. They knew he was raw and needed time to develop when they recruited him.


FWIW, Mack and Steere would be a very nice start. One big and replacing a Dynamic Pg spot. We will have several more ships, but with those spots accounted for, we’d be solid entering the spring with a big already on board and Keita back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, richard A Steinfeld

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301775

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 20335
  • Thank you received: 8089

MCNPA wrote:

Paultzman wrote: I sense they get a Mack commitment. If Steere visits, once he announces he is transferring, his verbal could be very possible. It would then be logical to assume they wait until Spring to assess roster re kids leaving, big men void., etc.

Perhaps Roberts impresses at practices and in modest minutes this season to be considered a viable interior choice in 19-20. They knew he was raw and needed time to develop when they recruited him.


FWIW, Mack and Steere would be a very nice start. One big and replacing a Dynamic Pg spot. We will have several more ships, but with those spots accounted for, we’d be solid entering the spring with a big already on board and Keita back.

Then have a winning season & give Precious your best shot. Not out of reach then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, redmannorth, Frank61, Amaseinyourface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301792

  • redmanwest
  • redmanwest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 605
  • Thank you received: 176
Sorry if I missed this, but if Steere leaves NCS and commits somewhere in the next month or so, when is he eligible? Second semester next year?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301793

  • SJU85
  • SJU85's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2464
  • Thank you received: 294

redmanwest wrote: Sorry if I missed this, but if Steere leaves NCS and commits somewhere in the next month or so, when is he eligible? Second semester next year?


Yes, second semester next year as long as he enrolls as a full time student second semester of this year like Jamal Branch did when he transferred here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmanwest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301802

  • fordham96
  • fordham96's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1203
  • Thank you received: 858

SJU85 wrote:

redmanwest wrote: Sorry if I missed this, but if Steere leaves NCS and commits somewhere in the next month or so, when is he eligible? Second semester next year?


Yes, second semester next year as long as he enrolls as a full time student second semester of this year like Jamal Branch did when he transferred here.


Unlike Branch he will probably have to pay his own way for a semester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Frank61

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301803

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 20335
  • Thank you received: 8089

fordham96 wrote:

SJU85 wrote:

redmanwest wrote: Sorry if I missed this, but if Steere leaves NCS and commits somewhere in the next month or so, when is he eligible? Second semester next year?


Yes, second semester next year as long as he enrolls as a full time student second semester of this year like Jamal Branch did when he transferred here.


Unlike Branch he will probably have to pay his own way for a semester.

Correct as I understand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301805

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 8153
  • Thank you received: 738
I'm sure its happened before (a player transferring after playing just 1 game). But I can't help but wonder if they will try to get him eligible to start next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301807

  • Tommy O 54
  • Tommy  O 54's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 51
  • Thank you received: 19

Moose wrote: I'm sure its happened before (a player transferring after playing just 1 game). But I can't help but wonder if they will try to get him eligible to start next year.


That would make total sense if we were a power 5 team but we are St. Johns! we get no breaks.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301808

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 20335
  • Thank you received: 8089

Moose wrote: I'm sure its happened before (a player transferring after playing just 1 game). But I can't help but wonder if they will try to get him eligible to start next year.

Agree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.


If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:


Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul

Follow redmen.com on Twitter