Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC (SJU Commit)

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301683

  • Amaseinyourface
  • Amaseinyourface's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3013
  • Thank you received: 335

Ray Morgan wrote:

Amaseinyourface wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Visits SJU 11/18 - 11/20
Salt Lake CC PG Cam Mack's two games this weekend:
--44 pts, 6 ast, 7 reb vs. Casper
--15 pts, 14 ast, 6 reb vs. #15 Western Nebraska

9 for 18 from 3pt for the weekend
@SLCCbasketball


I thought his shot looked a little off from the video honestly. Those 3pt numbers are very impressive though. But I do have to wonder, Darien William, Bashir Ahmed, and now LJ Figueroa all shot ridiculously high 3pt% in juco. Anyone know how accurate the juco reporting can be?


No idea on the accuracy of the JUCO statistics, but Ahmed was at 34% from 3 according to his JUCO conference website. The way Figgy has looked so far, he doesn't shoot like someone you would think would be anywhere near 50%. His free throw shooting makes me nervous.


Could have sworn BA was over 40% from 3 in juco maybe I’m thinking of someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301688

  • redmanwest
  • redmanwest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 605
  • Thank you received: 176
I understand we may be losing a few guards after this year, and this kid sounds worthy of consideration, but I can't imagine how we are focused on another guard when we need front court help. Not one, we need 2 additional frontcourt players to have a fully balanced team, especially if Roberts isn't going to give anything. It is crazy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delaware

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301691

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 8153
  • Thank you received: 738

redmanwest wrote: I understand we may be losing a few guards after this year, and this kid sounds worthy of consideration, but I can't imagine how we are focused on another guard when we need front court help. Not one, we need 2 additional frontcourt players to have a fully balanced team, especially if Roberts isn't going to give anything. It is crazy.


I'd think we have 3 ships for sure to use and up to 5.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301693

  • Marillac
  • Marillac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4757
  • Thank you received: 474

Amaseinyourface wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Visits SJU 11/18 - 11/20
Salt Lake CC PG Cam Mack's two games this weekend:
--44 pts, 6 ast, 7 reb vs. Casper
--15 pts, 14 ast, 6 reb vs. #15 Western Nebraska

9 for 18 from 3pt for the weekend
@SLCCbasketball


I thought his shot looked a little off from the video honestly. Those 3pt numbers are very impressive though. But I do have to wonder, Darien William, Bashir Ahmed, and now LJ Figueroa all shot ridiculously high 3pt% in juco. Anyone know how accurate the juco reporting can be?


I can tell you with absolute certainty that shooting % stats are often purposely inflated at the JUCO level.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301695

  • redmanwest
  • redmanwest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 605
  • Thank you received: 176
All well and good, but we should be prioritizing bigs, after at least 2 off-seasons where we struck out, not guards or wings. And, not sure there has been anything to show that the staff can sell bigs on coming here, for whatever reason. And, the attrition among the bigs we have had is concerning. As has been pointed out, every other team you see out there (no matter what conference or level of play) have a few big guys who can give minutes. Even Hofstra (another local) managed to get two transfer bigs (one grad). I love the talent upgrades we've seen but am concerned about the balance to the recruiting efforts (over reliance on transfers is one issue; over concentration on guards is another.

But, I am happy to let the season play out and hope for the best; just perplexed as to our past inability to get some serviceable big guys here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301698

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Posts: 20335
  • Thank you received: 8089
I sense they get a Mack commitment. If Steere visits, once he announces he is transferring, his verbal could be very possible. It would then be logical to assume they wait until Spring to assess roster re kids leaving, big men void., etc.

Perhaps Roberts impresses at practices and in modest minutes this season to be considered a viable interior choice in 19-20. They knew he was raw and needed time to develop when they recruited him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant, Andrew, L J S A, Chicago Days, Dan V

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301727

  • gonzalo
  • gonzalo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 685
  • Thank you received: 132

Moose wrote: I'd think we have 3 ships for sure to use and up to 5.


Perfect for 3 transfers, a juco and a decommitted player from high school.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301728

  • fordham96
  • fordham96's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1203
  • Thank you received: 858

gonzalo wrote:

Moose wrote: I'd think we have 3 ships for sure to use and up to 5.


Perfect for 3 transfers, a juco and a decommitted player from high school.


That's about right, seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301732

  • usguard
  • usguard's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4224
  • Thank you received: 169
As long as we get a big rebounder and space eater
The following user(s) said Thank You: richard A Steinfeld

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cameron Mack, G, Salt Lake City CC 2 months 1 week ago #301733

  • Valgoth
  • Valgoth's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 328
  • Thank you received: 73

Paultzman wrote: I sense they get a Mack commitment. If Steere visits, once he announces he is transferring, his verbal could be very possible. It would then be logical to assume they wait until Spring to assess roster re kids leaving, big men void., etc.

Perhaps Roberts impresses at practices and in modest minutes this season to be considered a viable interior choice in 19-20. They knew he was raw and needed time to develop when they recruited him.


much easier to come into college BB as a guard and make an impact as a true frosh unless you have a body like Zion. Let him grow into his frame. Hes not a 1 and done , let him develop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Paultzman, Dan V

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.


If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:


Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul

Follow redmen.com on Twitter