Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sloan Seymour - SF - Albany, NY

Sloan Seymour - SF - Albany, NY 1 year 3 months ago #8254

• stjohnnie75
  • stjohnnie75's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 47
Per Pat Lawless:

Sloan Seymour, a class of 2018 forward playing for the NY Rens, has picked up an offer from St. John's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sloan Seymour - SF - Albany, NY 1 year 3 months ago #258348

• otis
  • Thank you received: 338
Mullen likes shooters

Sloan Seymour - SF - Albany, NY 1 year 3 months ago #258349

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 186
stretch

Sloan Seymour - SF - Albany, NY 1 year 3 months ago #258350

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 6460

stretch

Yup, sometime programs offer kids for sake of giving attention to their AAU programs. This may be one of them. Some of Lewis & Antoine's AAU teammates for example got a lot of St. John's attention with no intent to really pursue them. Happens frequently.

Sloan Seymour - SF - Albany, NY 1 year 3 months ago #258352

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 399
Or the next Doug McDermott

Sloan Seymour - SF - Albany, NY 1 year 3 months ago #258354

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 458
Paultz - not sure I understand your point. Giving other kids in a program attention I get, but isn't an offer a bigger deal ?

It's like dating vs. getting on a knee to put ring on finger.

I mean, if we offer, and he verbally accepts, it's hard to back out without ruining reputation right ?

Are you saying it might be mutually known that it's not a real offer and he won't accept but to help boost his stock elsewhere as favor to AAU coach?

On second thought, it could be OK to not shoot for stars.

Sloan Seymour - SF - Albany, NY 1 year 3 months ago #258367

• jpm114
  • Thank you received: 57

stretch

Yup, sometime programs offer kids for sake of giving attention to their AAU programs. This may be one of them. Some of Lewis & Antoine's AAU teammates for example got a lot of St. John's attention with no intent to really pursue them. Happens frequently.

Paultz...a question for you Sloan is Steve Seymour's (long time college assistant at Drexel and Siena) son right?
The scenario that you describe above may indeed explain this offer. But as someone who's seen him a bit in game action his length and shooting ability are excellent and while he lacks strength and athleticism he mixes things up. He's not afraid to stick his nose in for a rebound. To me he's a borderline recruit at BE level who's better suited for high end mid majors (A-10 etc) but St. John's is seeing him in the summer where he has to compete with more athletic team mates for playing time and against better athletes to get noticed. Again you may be right but he's a good player and may be a puzzle fit at St. John's

Sloan Seymour - SF - Albany, NY 1 year 3 months ago #258368

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 186

stretch

Paultz...a question for you Sloan is Steve Seymour's (long time college assistant at Drexel and Siena) son right?
The scenario that you describe above may indeed explain this offer. But as someone who's seen him a bit in game action his length and shooting ability are excellent and while he lacks strength and athleticism he mixes things up. He's not afraid to stick his nose in for a rebound. To me he's a borderline recruit at BE level who's better suited for high end mid majors (A-10 etc) but St. John's is seeing him in the summer where he has to compete with more athletic team mates for playing time and against better athletes to get noticed. Again you may be right but he's a good player and may be a puzzle fit at St. John's

Yes Steves son. Greatly respect your opinion and yes height and shooting ability is huge but this kid was maybe 5th best player in section two last year. I think a10 would be stretch and Siena would be a good fit.

Sloan Seymour - SF - Albany, NY 1 year 3 months ago #258369

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 179

stretch

JPM, do you see him as another Freudenberg? His three point shots are NBA range.

Sloan Seymour - SF - Albany, NY 1 year 3 months ago #258370

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 6460

stretch

Hey John! Yes, that's Steve S's son. Very fair points. Frankly I have never seen him play, was just theorizing in response to Mase, who has. We'll see.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2