Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Maurice Calloo, PF Oak Hill Academy

Maurice Calloo, PF Oak Hill Academy 7 months 1 week ago #280269

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6460
We’ll see

The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, Frank61, capmaker, L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Maurice Calloo, PF Oak Hill Academy 7 months 1 week ago #280290

• Paultzman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, Coaster

Maurice Calloo, PF Oak Hill Academy 7 months 1 week ago #280322

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 1215
I don't mind Calloo if they've actually been watching him for a while and like what they see. But if they are only on him recently because desperation has set in, then that's a problem.

Recruiting a bunch of long skinny kids to surround our big three and hoping one sticks sounds like the Run TMC Warriors. And those guys never accomplished anything of note in the playoffs because of that blueprint.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, JohnnyFan

Maurice Calloo, PF Oak Hill Academy 7 months 1 week ago #280327

• Paultzman

L J S A wrote: I don't mind Calloo if they've actually been watching him for a while and like what they see. But if they are only on him recently because desperation has set in, then that's a problem.

Recruiting a bunch of long skinny kids to surround our big three and hoping one sticks sounds like the Run TMC Warriors. And those guys never accomplished anything of note in the playoffs because of that blueprint.

I share your concern

Maurice Calloo, PF Oak Hill Academy 7 months 1 week ago #280362

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 195

Paultzman wrote:

L J S A wrote: I don't mind Calloo if they've actually been watching him for a while and like what they see. But if they are only on him recently because desperation has set in, then that's a problem.

I share your concern

The kid is 6'8 220, by his sophomore year probably 6'9 230 that's not skinny especially if he hits the weight room. Even at 220 it's ok. Hell, Owens is 6'11 205. This kid is 3 inches shorter and 15 lbs heavier. He comes from a top program and as 3 star kid he's exactly the kind of 4yr kid we need to build this program and find some stability. With Caloo, Roberts, williams and Earlington , all 4yr type players, we can have a stable base if the staff can develop them. Add a couple of top transfers and with Cockburn and Gaffney and now we are building something. we need 4yr kids right now. I'm all in on this kid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, Chicago Days, Dan V

Maurice Calloo, PF Oak Hill Academy 7 months 1 week ago #280364

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 458
decent potential kids w/ four year mindset are good, but Mullin only got three years remaining on contract.

if he doesn't right the ship this year, he's a lame duck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, JackofVirginia, Tom in Salem

Last edit: by RedStormNC.

Maurice Calloo, PF Oak Hill Academy 7 months 1 week ago #280366

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 1215

Mean Gene wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

I share your concern

The kid is 6'8 220, by his sophomore year probably 6'9 230 that's not skinny especially if he hits the weight room. Even at 220 it's ok. Hell, Owens is 6'11 205. This kid is 3 inches shorter and 15 lbs heavier. He comes from a top program and as 3 star kid he's exactly the kind of 4yr kid we need to build this program and find some stability. With Caloo, Roberts, williams and Earlington , all 4yr type players, we can have a stable base if the staff can develop them. Add a couple of top transfers and with Cockburn and Gaffney and now we are building something. we need 4yr kids right now. I'm all in on this kid.

How many minutes a game does he get there? What kind of numbers did he put up? He seems like the type of kid you bring in after you've landed your grad transfer, not instead of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, panther2

Maurice Calloo, PF Oak Hill Academy 7 months 1 week ago #280367

• Paultzman

L J S A wrote:

Mean Gene wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

I share your concern

How many minutes a game does he get there? What kind of numbers did he put up? He seems like the type of kid you bring in after you've landed your grad transfer, not instead of.

Very smart man
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Maurice Calloo, PF Oak Hill Academy 7 months 1 week ago #280371

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 720

L J S A wrote:

Mean Gene wrote:

Paultzman wrote:

I share your concern

I wouldn't be opposed to taking BOTH Femi and this kid.

Assuming Ponds comes back and no more transfers you have 7 players coming back (Trimble, Ponds, Clarke, Simon, Keita, Diakite and Dixon). Plus 3 current recruits: Roberts, Earlington and Williams. That's 10. Add Femi and this kid and you are up to 12. That still leaves 1, maybe a sit transfer-guard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Paultzman, Moose

Maurice Calloo, PF Oak Hill Academy 7 months 1 week ago #280372

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 720
And that sit transfer would presumably be Caraher...

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2