Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Marcellus Earlington, PF, Don Bosco HS, NJ

9 months 3 weeks ago #270689

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1949

Is this a good idea? I prefer the effort to recruit Alan Griffin.

Well they offered Griffin & are just taking a look at Earlington. I sense they will have 2 scholarships to give at the end of the day.

I sense they will have more than two scholarships.;)
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 3 weeks ago #270690

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 1215
From what I've read he wants minutes as a freshman, but I don't think he'd get much here until the following year. (Owens and Clark are staying, right?)

But he is a wide load, and if it worked out, we'd hopefully be set at the 4 and 5 for a couple seasons with him, Keita, Brooks, and Roberts.

9 months 3 weeks ago #270691

• L J S A

Does this mean St. John's is bringing back football?

What's Anthony Russo up to? We can hire him to coach.

9 months 2 weeks ago #271028

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6460
Stay tuned I think.

9 months 2 weeks ago #271035

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 123

Stay tuned I think.

Paultz, is Earlington a Sean Evans type? My recollection is that Evans had a football background as well. When he came in as a freshman, he was quite raw. Although I recall Evans being the subject of a fair amount of bashing on these Boards, I thought he was a nice four year player.

9 months 2 weeks ago #271036

• Anthony Mattia
  • Thank you received: 61
Sorry, but he is too short to play the 4 or 5 in Division 1.

9 months 2 weeks ago #271037

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6460

Stay tuned I think.

Paultz, is Earlington a Sean Evans type? My recollection is that Evans had a football background as well. When he came in as a freshman, he was quite raw. Although I recall Evans being the subject of a fair amount of bashing on these Boards, I thought he was a nice four year player.

Never saw him play, but in terms of their size & late introduction to hoops on full time basis, that may be a good comparison. A friend saw him v a much higher rated NJ interior player & he held his own, not that you can judge much from one game

9 months 2 weeks ago #271052

• L J S A

Sorry, but he is too short to play the 4 or 5 in Division 1.

Anthony Glover?

9 months 2 weeks ago #271062

• Dan V
  • Thank you received: 183
Saw we were interested so I watched some game tape. Not really concerned about his height, if you recall Jamine Peterson from Providence/Boys & Girls (I played on the same team with his little brother by the way) was a 6'4"/6'5" PF and he more than held his own in the Beast. With that said I don't know about this one, he is not as good as Peterson was. Doesnt seem like he would ever start for us, maybe Mullin just wants some toughness idk. Willing to give the kid a chance though, if he can rebound and stretch the floor like he does in HS that would be good.

9 months 2 weeks ago #271064

• L J S A

Saw we were interested so I watched some game tape. Not really concerned about his height, if you recall Jamine Peterson from Providence/Boys & Girls (I played on the same team with his little brother by the way) was a 6'4"/6'5" PF and he more than held his own in the Beast. With that said I don't know about this one, he is not as good as Peterson was. Doesnt seem like he would ever start for us, maybe Mullin just wants some toughness idk. Willing to give the kid a chance though, if he can rebound and stretch the floor like he does in HS that would be good.

We have a year to see if he'd ever amount to more than a bench player, so I don't mind bringing in a wide body. It's good to have a plan B in case we lose someone.

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2