Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Silas Sunday, C, OSL, Bronx NY 7 months 3 weeks ago #415277

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 1297

bamafan wrote: Z Hamilton was top 10, he and Felipe were referred to as Batman and Robin. Big miss in that class was Kareem Reid the PG whom I believe would have put us over the top and went to Arkansas.

Reid from St. Rays was also a McDonald's All-America.  He had  not made a decision when that McD game was played (at St. John's) and many were clamoring for Brian Mahoney to go after him.  Mahoney though had already brought in a highly regarding PG in that class, Tarik Turner whose good friend and backcourt partner at Oak Hill was Curtis Staples, another McD AA.

Silas is a big guy.  I really hope we stay on top of him.  We see the work ethic of the two guys we have now from OSL.  I have to believe the guys at OSL saw that when they were there and see what it is doing for them their freshmen year.

Having a nice pipeline with OSL who seems to have a good group of players would be very nice.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Silas Sunday, C, OSL, Bronx NY 7 months 3 weeks ago #415293

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 5761

SJU85 wrote:

bamafan wrote: Z Hamilton was top 10, he and Felipe were referred to as Batman and Robin. Big miss in that class was Kareem Reid the PG whom I believe would have put us over the top and went to Arkansas.

Reid from St. Rays was also a McDonald's All-America.  He had  not made a decision when that McD game was played (at St. John's) and many were clamoring for Brian Mahoney to go after him.  Mahoney though had already brought in a highly regarding PG in that class, Tarik Turner whose good friend and backcourt partner at Oak Hill was Curtis Staples, another McD AA.

Silas is a big guy.  I really hope we stay on top of him.  We see the work ethic of the two guys we have now from OSL.  I have to believe the guys at OSL saw that when they were there and see what it is doing for them their freshmen year.

Having a nice pipeline with OSL who seems to have a good group of players would be very nice.

OSL and LUHI are two good schools to have in your good graces.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, L J S A

Silas Sunday, C, OSL, Bronx NY 7 months 3 weeks ago #415296

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 5808

Dont tell me you actuallly saw Reid play in high school???? Because I ain't buying it. FYI I did. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Silas Sunday, C, OSL, Bronx NY 7 months 3 weeks ago #415298

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4529

Monte wrote:

Dont tell me you actuallly saw Reid play in high school???? Because I ain't buying it. FYI I did. 

You don't think Reid was miles better than Turner?

*I may be misinterpreting your post completely

Last edit: by L J S A.

Silas Sunday, C, OSL, Bronx NY 7 months 3 weeks ago #415304

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 3473

Monte wrote:

Was at the HS All American game at Alumni Hall to watch Felipe and Zendon and was hopeful that the rumors we were also going to sign K Reid  who also played in that game were true. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Silas Sunday, C, OSL, Bronx NY 7 months 3 weeks ago #415309

• SJU85
  • Thank you received: 1297

bamafan wrote:

Monte wrote:

Was at the HS All American game at Alumni Hall to watch Felipe and Zendon and was hopeful that the rumors we were also going to sign K Reid  who also played in that game were true. 

I was at that game too and so did I.  Plus I'd seen Reid before.  Didn't see Tarik play until he got here.  

I figured with Tarik and Felipe both being 6'5", we could play three guards on the court if we had to.

Silas Sunday, C, OSL, Bronx NY 7 months 3 weeks ago #415311

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 5808

L J S A wrote:

Monte wrote:

You don't think Reid was miles better than Turner?

*I may be misinterpreting your post completely

Completely....and then some 
Many Miles. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Last edit: by Monte.

Silas Sunday, C, OSL, Bronx NY 2 months 6 days ago #436748

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 26603

Jaquan Sanders, G, OSL HS, Bx (Commit) 1 week 1 day ago #439265

• P1NSTR1PEZ
  • Thank you received: 128

redmen70 post=439231 wrote: The Silas Sunday bb center player from OSL has a lot of potential. A seven footer who is strong can be developed by the right coaching staff into a  dominating player.We need a true center if we want to do well in the play offs

have you actually watched any full game footage of Sunday? Or are you just enamored with his height?

Sunday is not a Big East caliber player. He is slow, on both ends of the court and would be a horrible fit in this system. Just bc they play at OSL doesn’t automatically mean someone’s a good option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, redken, Moose, Not an alum

Last edit: by P1NSTR1PEZ.

Jaquan Sanders, G, OSL HS, Bx (Commit) 1 week 1 day ago #439270

• redmen70
  • Thank you received: 19
Sunday may not be a Big East player at this time but you can’t teach height and worth a gamble with weight lost and personal training and coaching..We need a strong movable center for rebounding and defense 

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight